English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 11 March 2020, 08:17   #81
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

If it gives them a little ruffle to behave more community friendly in future, it will be all good.
Old 11 March 2020, 08:21   #82
nikosidis

I'm afraid as long as there are competition companies must be careful. As they say, one unhappy customer will cancel the good reputation you had from 10 happy customers.

Last edited by nikosidis; 11 March 2020 at 12:38.
Old 11 March 2020, 16:56   #83
adrdesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI View Post
Time to avoid Amigakit?
No. Time to grow up and engage in adult to adult conversations with companies that you choose to trade with.
Their behaviour is far from being an adult, more like bullying.

Quote:
Joining the blood in the water feeding frenzy of forum posts is pointless and counter productive.
What sort of company would engage with such a toxic thread? Answer - none.
They must know we do not support that behaviour, that's the reason for this post to exist. If they ignore/do not engage this post is not my problem.

Quote:
What is absent from this thread? The countless happy Amigakit customers who have been well served by them for years.
I WAS a happy AmigaKit customer until this happened. I'm really fed up with people stealing the work/courage from individuals, very common in the Amiga Community.

Threads like this HELP the living for the amiga. In the end, we need to protect individual developers who are creating new hardware, not stores nor companies who only sells them (sometimes without permission, this is the case).

Shame on them.

Last edited by adrdesign; 11 March 2020 at 17:09.
Old 11 March 2020, 17:36   #84
Glen M

I think what this boils down to is the difference between legal practices and moral practices. It's probably legal but its absolutely not moral and could be construed as bullying.

I'm 100% sure this happens all the time in big business and the fact its big business means all this gets swept under the carpets between legal teams and us lot don't see it. In the Amiga community that is tiny in comparison these things get noticed very quickly and quite rightly upset the community.

I'm probably way off with the following statement and I stress its just a gut feeling with no basis in fact but I can't help but get the feeling A-EON are somehow tied up in this. They are quite obviously in bed with Amiga Kit and all this trademarking and registration push just looks like an attempt to tie up the Amiga brand under their control. I hope I'm wrong (normally am) as a move like that would have potentially massive repercussions for the scene.
Old 11 March 2020, 17:41   #85
Chucky

The important thing here is also to give a clear signal that EVEN if it is legal (even if I actually doubt it) that the community does not accept it..

and i feel it very interesting that Amigakit haven't commented this. even if I do know that they read this. and I hope there will be some kind of reaction soon. come on. we are all humans. we do stupid things sometimes. and it takes alot of curage to come public and say: "OK we did this, not our proudest moments but it was wrong..."

but being just quiet. that is just to make it worse.. what more rebrandings os there with names taken off? datatypes? memoryboards?
Old 11 March 2020, 17:50   #86
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Is this some sort of answer?
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=101244
Old 11 March 2020, 17:53   #87
demon-knight
Blitter

@Chucky

They always go quiet when they don't want to answer a difficult question be it on this forum, amiga.org or even when you email them. Even had the misfortune to ring them once or twice, that was fun.....
Old 11 March 2020, 17:58   #88
Glen M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
The important thing here is also to give a clear signal that EVEN if it is legal (even if I actually doubt it) that the community does not accept it..
I think its fairly clear that the community absolutely 100% does not accept it regardless of the legality.

Quote:
and i feel it very interesting that Amigakit haven't commented this. even if I do know that they read this. and I hope there will be some kind of reaction soon. come on. we are all humans. we do stupid things sometimes. and it takes alot of curage to come public and say: "OK we did this, not our proudest moments but it was wrong..."
The attitude on the amiga.org thread came across very much as we are Amiga Kit, we are the big boy and we'll do what we want within a legal framework. There was suggestion that A1200.net and Amiga Passion were seeking legal advice so if there is something legal going on in the background I fully expect any of the involved parties not to speak up. It might also be a case that we need to be very careful in any language we use before we end up getting called up on slander.

Quote:
but being just quiet. that is just to make it worse.. what more rebrandings os there with names taken off? datatypes? memoryboards?
The end game through greed has potential to destroy what is left of the Amiga community. I can only hope it doesn't come to that.
Old 11 March 2020, 17:59   #89
Chucky

I know it IS hard to confront hard questions.. it is never fun.. but a small community might remember. but some stuff you cannot just let pass unsaid..

but yeah. some try to let issues go away. sometimes it works. on ohter places where this is discussed I can read some people being happy with their service.. some not. some even angry.

but sure it is hard to make everyone happy!
Old 11 March 2020, 18:00   #90
Glen M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
This line

"Unlike some hobbyist IDE adapters, this advanced, modern design inhibits read errors and false IRQ's."

tells you all you need to know.

Last edited by Glen M; 11 March 2020 at 18:01. Reason: spelling
Old 11 March 2020, 18:00   #91
Chucky

I got this phake5 feeling of that line actually!
Old 11 March 2020, 18:05   #92
Chucky

false irqs btw. need to check the schematics of the IDE connector even can trigger a IRQ?

(ah. yeah pin 31.. but still why would it even affect?)
Old 11 March 2020, 18:21   #93
DamienD
Banned

@adrdesign; I've removed two of your posts from an Amigakit "News" thread and an "Amiga.scene" thread.

Please keep this discussion about this situation in this thread only.
Old 11 March 2020, 18:24   #94
adrdesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
@adrdesign; I've removed two of your posts from an Amigakit "News" thread and an "Amiga.scene" thread.

Please keep this discussion about this situation in this thread only.
Apologies, but I don't know the difference between spam, "amiga scene" and "amiga news" then. Change it to "Amiga kit obligatory spam" thread, then.
Old 11 March 2020, 18:41   #95
Chucky

One important thing is to never sink to their level!
Old 12 March 2020, 11:14   #96
roondar

Having thought about it some more, I do feel I (and maybe others but I can't speak for them) have overreacted a bit. Yes, I don't like this move one bit and yes I do feel trademarking A600/A1200 is a rather unfriendly move towards the community.

But on the other hand, it's not really on the level I made it out to be. Calling for a boycott seems a bit too much for me. So please consider my earlier statements about never wanting to buy anything from them ever again retracted.
Old 12 March 2020, 11:58   #97
donmega

Hopefully someone can help me out...

I've made an order on December 20. I've sent an e-mail on January 27 to ask them if they can trace my order, because i didn't receive anything.

January 30:

"Hi

You should just wait for the package. It is likely to turn up.

It maybe will be returned to us And we will let you know if it arrives back here. "

I've contacted my post office, and they didn't receive any packages. On March 6 i've contacted Amigakit again, but now it's March 12 and still no reply .

What can i do? I'm waiting for my order for almost 3 months and Amigakit is not really cooperating .

Update: Amigakit contacted me.

Last edited by donmega; 12 March 2020 at 13:42.
Old 12 March 2020, 15:18   #98
klx300r

I’ve never had an issue with Amigakit over the years since they opened. I also was a kickstarter supporter for the A1200.net new key caps campaign and can say I was very happy with the key caps set I received and of their service as well and their new cases look amazing. I hope both parties work together to figure out their issues as there's been enough infighting over the years and even currently in the Amiga market..sigh

Last edited by klx300r; 13 March 2020 at 03:39.
Old 12 March 2020, 16:51   #99
Mick

This is a good example of the toxic side of the Amiga community, small companies (in the grand scheme of things) supposedly serving the community acting like they're OCP from Robocop and ultimately doing things that hurt the community they claim to serve. How long before people like Chucky doing good things for the community are getting threats about using A1200 etc?
Old 12 March 2020, 18:14   #100
spudje

Quote:
One important thing is to never sink to their level!
Like AmigaCrimeScene didn't sink to the Phake 5 level in the mutual mud throwing contest...