English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 01 March 2015, 16:27   #1
AlphaUMi
Amiga Fan

Launch FS-UAE from command line with pre-configured config file

Hello!

I've just discovered this amazing emulator. I downloaded the portable version and configured it with covers and snaps.

My aim is to launch FS-UAE with the pre-configured config files through a command line, but I cannot find them in the FS-UAE directory (and subdirectories). I can see the images downloaded, but not the config files. I would like to have the same result as if I used the Launcher (most useful in case of multi-disk games). Any clue?

Thanks in advance,
Alpha.

Last edited by AlphaUMi; 01 March 2015 at 16:33.
Old 01 March 2015, 20:27   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

The configuration file should be stored in the "Configurations" sub-directory (with .fs-uae file extension).

If you want to ensure the same result as when launching from FS-UAE Launcher, you should:
- use the latest development version (because with the most recent dev. versions, fs-uae-launcher.exe can be launched with .fs-uae files)
- open the .fs-uae files in fs-uae-launcher.exe instead of fs-uae.exe
Old 01 March 2015, 22:02   #3
AlphaUMi
Amiga Fan

Thank you for your reply. Although I installed the portable version, the .fs-uae files are not present in any of the "Configurations" folder.

1. In My Documents\FS-UAE\Configurations
2. In ..\FS-UAE\Configurations
3. In ..\FS-UAE\Windows\fs-uae\Configurations

All these 3 "Configurations" folders are empty. From the log, I see that the Launcher and the Arcade version store the .fs-uae file in the default Windows temporary folder. So, now I would assume this is the reason why I can't find them in the Configuration folder.

Should I set something to have them in the Configuration folder?
Old 01 March 2015, 22:50   #4
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

OK, now I understand what you meant with pre-configured (I first thought you meant configuration files you had created yourself earlier).

No, there are no .fs-uae files for online database entries. A .fs-uae is created on demand whenever you start a game.

With recent FS-UAE Launcher versions, you *can* start database games from the command line, but you need to know the correct UUIDs (you can find these on oagd.net for example).

FS-UAE Launcher can be started like this:
Code:
fs-uae-launcher.exe <uuid>
For example, to start Lotus 2:
Code:
fs-uae-launcher.exe df05121d-e093-5e11-be88-b1cbbb36f03d
(You can see the corresponding UUID here: http://oagd.net/amiga/lotus-turbo-challenge-2/edit)
Old 02 March 2015, 00:01   #5
AlphaUMi
Amiga Fan

Thank you again! This at least clarifies what I wanted to know!
Old 02 March 2015, 22:01   #6
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Funny uuid starting with "df0"
Old 17 March 2015, 12:17   #7
tntn45

I see that the Launcher and the Arcade version store the .fs-uae file in the default Windows temporary folder. So, now I would assume this is the reason why I can't find them in the Configuration folder.???

We offer best quality pmp certification test papers and test-king ielts exam preparation dumps materials. You can get our 100% guaranteed questions coloradomesa.edu to help you in passing the real exam. flsouthern.edu

Last edited by tntn45; 02 April 2015 at 12:59.

Old 19 March 2015, 18:04   #8
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntn45 View Post
I see that the Launcher and the Arcade version store the .fs-uae file in the default Windows temporary folder. So, now I would assume this is the reason why I can't find them in the Configuration folder.???
Yes and no. If you actually *create* a configuration in FS-UAE Launcher, it is stored in "Configurations".

If you run a game from the online database, there is no configuration file, configuration is stored in a database. A *temporary* file is created in the temp folder when you start it (and deleted afterwards), but this is merely a detail. FS-UAE Launcher could just as well have passed all options to fs-uae directly on the "command line".