Amiga1992

Great!

Go get this bastard!
Old 09 September 2003, 21:02   #22
Bobic

Quote:
Originally posted by tin
Unbelievable.

So does Epic Marketing UK and epic-direct have anything to do with epic interactive that Bobic just posted about or are they somehow seperate?

Epic Interactive is a different company. Thomas Steiding (company director of Epic Interactive) worked for Epic Marketing (UK) at first. He translated the Epic Multimedia Lexikon into German. He soon noticed that not everything was correct at Epic UK, so he left the company and started his own business.

Epic Interactive is doing a great job with bringing games like Simon 2, Feeble Files, Northland or Divine Divinity to the various Amiga platforms.
Old 09 September 2003, 21:03   #23
Tourniquet

Quote:
Originally posted by IFW
I guess he is pissing of mame guys too, maybe Tourn would like to have a look as well
I have brought this up a few times before. I haven't seen any MAME cd's in a while of this type, just cd's of freeware/shareware arcade-style games.

Of course, I can't be sure without purchasing one, but that would be lining his pockets..
Old 10 September 2003, 01:48   #24
Djay
95th User

i saw these comps a couple of years ago, when i had 56k.... i was tempted...

i too believed these CDs to be legal, as they looked professional and were sold by HMV (HMV had even gone to the trouble on getting these disks put in DVD style cases and having their logo printed on the inlay!!!

i have to admit that i bought the "Transfer kit" from amigagames.co.uk cos of the fact of getting the right lead and the transfer software onto my Amiga...

Hi to malc btw, nice to c u back
Old 10 September 2003, 01:51   #25
Djay
95th User

just seen this banner on your site, Malc, isn't this what we are talking about???

clicky.. clicky.. http://www.softwide.com/search.asp?k...miga&RID=89345
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.gif
Views:	822
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	5836  
Old 10 September 2003, 20:21   #26
Tourniquet

Post negative comments on the Google ads if you see them of this type and they will pull them.

For a short period there were MAME Roms CDS ads on the Mame.net site until it was brought to our attention.

Last edited by Tourniquet; 10 September 2003 at 20:35.
Old 11 September 2003, 20:17   #27
Frootloop

Bluebell Data

Here's another company of theirs: www.bluebelldata.co.uk. At the bottom of the page it says Malcolm Pett is proprieter, no mention of a Vincent Pike though. And if you click the "services" link it definitely says they're located in Swindon.

Hope that helps!
Old 11 September 2003, 21:51   #28
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Its THESE crooked Bastards who allow idiot companies like Tulip to start taking action "to protect themselves" and it always ends up the innocents being attacked.

Because at the end of the day, even though big gaming corps hate us saying it EMULATION ISNT FOR PROFIT
Old 11 September 2003, 22:01   #29
Djay
95th User

Quote:
Because at the end of the day, even though big gaming corps hate us saying it EMULATION ISNT FOR PROFIT
very true, but it does stop us from buying their latest crap they churn out, instead we play their back catalogue for free

@Antiriad.. nice url, planning anything special for it?
Old 11 September 2003, 22:53   #30
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Yes.. i own www.commodoreamiga.com and www.amstradcpc.com - my two fave computers. I really should do something with them both in all honesty.

Im open to suggestion. Right now, one forwards to www.abime.net and the other to www.cpcgamereviews.com
Old 11 September 2003, 23:01   #31
Djay
95th User

Quote:
Im open to suggestion.
hows about a history site, with pics of hardware, promotion material, interviews from mags with programmers, adverts scans, commercials...

please don't do a ROMZ site!!!

i'm sure EAB members can help out (ALOT)

i can help out if you need anything!!!
Old 11 September 2003, 23:43   #32
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

I've not been shopping around the computer stores for months but what I've read here is quite disturbing. How the hell can this guy get away with this? Are ELSPA frickin' blind or something?

Well tomorrow I'm going to investigate around me local town centre and see if I can spot any of these illegal CD's. If I find them I will be asking for the manager of the store. I'll tell him/her they are selling illegal software and ask him/her what they are going to do about it. Maybe I can find out where they are getting the stock from. Maybe some of you UK guys can do the same thing tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see what sort of response we'd get. A bemused response probably.
Old 11 September 2003, 23:57   #33
Djay
95th User

Quote:
Well tomorrow I'm going to investigate around me local town centre and see if I can spot any of these illegal CD's. If I find them I will be asking for the manager of the store. I'll tell him/her they are selling illegal software and ask him/her what they are going to do about it. Maybe I can find out where they are getting the stock from. Maybe some of you UK guys can do the same thing tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see what sort of response we'd get. A bemused response probably.
having worked "behind the counter" at Electronics Boutique and Game i know what response you'll get!!! The manager either won't care (he doesn't make decissions about what to stock) or he'll been working there for 2 weeks having left Top Shop and doesn't understand the games industry.
Old 12 September 2003, 02:37   #34
gary

Quote:
having worked "behind the counter" at Electronics Boutique and Game i know what response you'll get!!! The manager either won't care (he doesn't make decissions about what to stock) or he'll been working there for 2 weeks having left Top Shop and doesn't understand the games industry.
But if you're seen (perhaps in a suit and tie), holding the CD package making notes, then asking for information about the distributor the manager may pass the information onto someone who does care. Especially if this store is part of a wider retail chain.
Old 12 September 2003, 03:28   #35
Djay
95th User

Quote:
But if you're seen (perhaps in a suit and tie), holding the CD package making notes, then asking for information about the distributor the manager may pass the information onto someone who does care. Especially if this store is part of a wider retail chain.
true, but you gotta be careful, if the manager is on his toes he will ask you what you are doing, he ask you who you represent... just say "EAB"

if you act as customer complaining, the response will be "Write a letter to my headoffice"

if you act as an inspector or something, he'll ask for your business card
Old 12 September 2003, 14:37   #36
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by gary
This is exactly what I planned to do. Well I went into Dixons, then I went into WH Smith and finally I went into HMV. I was all revved up and ready to take em all on. Not one of those stores stocked any illegal emulator CD's. I looked very hard but found absolutely nothing. Maybe I looked in the wrong sections. I don't know. I was pleased I found nothing even though I was greared up and ready for my inspector persona. So...
Old 13 September 2003, 20:57   #37
Malc
Zone Friend

Djay - That banner is placed by ZTNET and is required, NOT condoned or placed by ALE or CPC Zone or for that matter any site in the Ztnet ring.

Sorry.
Old 13 September 2003, 23:31   #38
Djay
95th User

@Malc... yeah i get ya.... can you update your site anymore?
Old 14 September 2003, 17:30   #39
Malc
Zone Friend

@DJay.

Yes and no, the content is entirely HTML and CGI, pain in the ass to update plus I'm sure the password isn't working for FTP access right now. Asking Ztnet to fix it is like asking Jordan if she can find a braincell, it's not gonna happen.

I've asked dozens of times and had no luck.
Old 14 September 2003, 21:06   #40
Djay
95th User

hehe, i went to school with Jordan (Katie Price)... she was a dirty tramp then...