English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 20 September 2002, 09:54   #41
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Understood

Right, I understand that, got it working ok ( hey it`s been a long time and I`m too used to wanky windows stuff )

Now, it reports I don`t have a cdrom, and yes I do have `add pc drives checked` I remember something in the 3.9 install.. about my cd drive.. can`t remember what it was, prolly that
Old 20 September 2002, 10:22   #42
thomas

Quote:
Originally posted by andreas
Ah Burseg, you meant this inverse grey background stuff. Thanks for the clarification. Anyway, I think this can be cured by changing some color settings.
I don't think the developers put in this "feature" to identify pirated OS3.9 versions. That's just too silly to imagine.

These colorless icons emerge when you use OS3.1 to install OS3.9. You need to create an emergency disk first, then boot into 3.9 from the emergency disk and then install OS3.9. This way always the new icon.library is used, the old one is not able to handle colorful icons.
Old 20 September 2002, 10:26   #43
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Hooooo I did try

Yeah I did try to create an emergency disk, but it crapped out with an error or some kind.
Is this why it doesn`t recognise my cd as well then ?
Old 21 September 2002, 12:51   #44
grassden
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to grassden
creating emergency disk

You can create a seperate hard-drive path for the emergency disk and then use that to start winuae and it will then install as normal
Old 21 September 2002, 13:08   #45
oldpx

Quote:
These colorless icons emerge when you use OS3.1 to install OS3.9. You need to create an emergency disk first, then boot into 3.9 from the emergency disk and then install OS3.9. This way always the new icon.library is used, the old one is not able to handle colorful icons.
Ah great, I knew there was a logical explanation to this. But again, the CD is required to create the emergency disk. Am I wrong? In this case the emergency disk can't be created with pirated versions and you're stuck with those icons unless installation is made on top of 3.5

Old 21 September 2002, 14:13   #46
Flinx

Quote:
Originally posted by Burseg

But again, the CD is required to create the emergency disk.
From where do you install without the CD?

Quote:
[i]
and you're stuck with those icons unless installation is made on top of 3.5 [/B]
No, a second installation from the already running OS3.9 will generate the new icons.

Old 21 September 2002, 14:39   #47
oldpx

Quote:
From where do you install without the CD
I meant the pirated cd-rip versions.

Old 21 September 2002, 16:01   #48
Syko
Now got GSX750F :))

Quote:
I meant the pirated cd-rip versions.
Burseg

Who cares? Let the pirates stew in there iconless WB's.

Piracy caused big probs for the amiga, as it was affecting the number of copies sold (more than 20% of copies were pirate) which meant companys were moving out as the percentage of genuine product value (or PGPV) was far higher for the PC at the time.

If you start pirating OS3.9 then amiga aint got the money to develop for the platform - do you want new H/W and OS to beat the rest?
Old 29 October 2002, 13:31   #49
Syko
Now got GSX750F :))

Happy

Happy happy joy joy,
Happy happy joy joy,
Happy happy joy joy,
Happy happy joy joy,
Happy happy joy joy,
Happy happy joy joy,
Happy happy happy happy happy happy joy

All solved!

OS3.9 working with latest ver of UAE no probs.

Buy Amiga Forever, install it in it's own dir on the PC.

Add PC CDROM as a dir on startup, with OS3.9 loaded in.

Create blank adf and create EBD floppy from emu_instal option, accept defaults for scsi.device during install..

Edit startup-seqauence and Devs: on EBD so it doesn't try to load scsi.device. Reboot from EBD

Run emu_install from CD, accept defaults for scsi.device during install.

Reboot using DH0: (or whatever you called it)

As if by magic, OS 3.9 boots up

YES!
Old 12 November 2002, 03:11   #50
Amigadude

Icon colour prob fix

Quote:
Originally posted by thomas
Surely you can just search the CD (RAmiga+F) and look for the highest version of icon.library then copy to libs: .

AmigaOS3.9:Emergency-Boot/Libs/icon.library
45,264 bytes
Version 44.543 (select from found list & press RAmiga+N, then click version button)

Seems to be the right one (though my workbench has Version 45.1 which I assume is from a BB2 or 1)

My little script is in BB1 & BB2 BTW RxTD