English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 27 March 2014, 20:38   #1
Simmymma

Rough Price Request

Hi, Im sorry to intrude, im an ex amiga user, my dad had me into amiga's about 15-20 years ago, allthough Ive stopped using them. Recently I was in my mothers loft and came across a huge (in my eyes) collection of amiga's and stuff, and I was just looking for a rough firgure on how much it may be worth. Please bear in mind none of this had been tested and that, just looking for an honest figure.

Basically I have found 2 amiga 1200's, one amiga 500+ (floppy dive looks to have been removed but think ive found it, 2 power supplies between them, a shoe box and 2 diskette trays full of disks, a huge pile of boxed games (no idea iff all disks are present though any missing may be in the shoe box or diskette trays), joypads, an external floppy drive and manuals. I do understand that its a random job lot, I just dont know if I have the time or knowhow to properly estimate a figure. Ive 2 people interested, but im just looking for a fair price.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dean

Ive hopefully attached 2 pictures off the items I found

Old 27 March 2014, 21:13   #2
robinsonb5

That A500+ has battery in it which may well have leaked - get it open ASAP and check. If it's caught early enough it's easy to clean up. Ignored, it will eat the motherboard alive, so post back here for advice if a cleanup is needed.

Apart from that, nice find! I'm the wrong person to appraise it for you, but best of luck with your sale.
Old 27 March 2014, 21:47   #3
Simmymma

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonb5 View Post
That A500+ has battery in it which may well have leaked - get it open ASAP and check. If it's caught early enough it's easy to clean up. Ignored, it will eat the motherboard alive, so post back here for advice if a cleanup is needed.

Apart from that, nice find! I'm the wrong person to appraise it for you, but best of luck with your sale.
Thanks very much mate, im so out of the loop with these things now, give me a laptop or pc and I can do wonders with my eyes closed, but these .

Appreciate it!!

Old 27 March 2014, 22:14   #4
gunni

Send a message via ICQ to gunni
awww nice find! as a rough guide, going rate seems to be around 50 for an A500 on fleabay and near double that for A1200s. whether they work or not is definitely a factor in that though so I'd recommend checking to see if you can get them to load up workbench or some game. Also bear in mind old disks sometimes don't survive a long spell in storage so try another if the first one doesn't work.
If it wasn't for the high number of bills I have to pay out this weeks wage I'd probably have offered to take one of the A1200s off your hands! lol Good luck with the sale!
Old 27 March 2014, 22:48   #5
Simmymma

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunni View Post
awww nice find! as a rough guide, going rate seems to be around 50 for an A500 on fleabay and near double that for A1200s. whether they work or not is definitely a factor in that though so I'd recommend checking to see if you can get them to load up workbench or some game. Also bear in mind old disks sometimes don't survive a long spell in storage so try another if the first one doesn't work.
If it wasn't for the high number of bills I have to pay out this weeks wage I'd probably have offered to take one of the A1200s off your hands! lol Good luck with the sale!
Cheers Gunni, I appreciate it, looks like im gonna have to annoy the missus and take them home to fiddle about with. Just a pity you couldnt buy one, you coulda picked it up personally being from Dundee too hahaha.

Another quick question, what sort of screen can I connect my amiga's to? Ive got original monitors but they are huge and will be a nightmare to get down the loft, and the only other screens I have are flatscreen vga monitors or an lcd TV.

Last edited by TCD; 27 March 2014 at 23:04. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged

Old 27 March 2014, 23:04   #6
gunni

Send a message via ICQ to gunni
if you've got a scart cable there for the Amiga's you should be fine on your tv.
You should get those monitors flogged as well I'm sure someone would buy them for the more "authentic" experience.

Car's eaten up most of my money this month so far, this week its rent and council tax, old computer stuff on hold for now haha
Old 27 March 2014, 23:41   #7
Nobby_UK

Doubt he will have a RGB to SCART
But Composite (Yellow, Red + White) should work on the LCD TV
or Via a Video/DVD Player ?

Note the 500s Compo Vid is MonoChrome.
Old 28 March 2014, 12:03   #8
Simmymma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby_UK View Post
Doubt he will have a RGB to SCART
But Composite (Yellow, Red + White) should work on the LCD TV
or Via a Video/DVD Player ?

Note the 500s Compo Vid is MonoChrome.
I dont personally have an RBG to Scart but the Computer Repair Shop I work in does , just pulled one off the shelf now hahaha. Again thanks for all your help, ill post an update of how I get on with them (no doubt asking for more helphahaha)

Cheers People!!

Old 28 March 2014, 12:56   #9
TroelsDK
Registered Amiga Maniac

I see Blood Money in the pile If complete and in good condition I'll give you 20£ + shipping for that
Old 28 March 2014, 13:10   #10
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmymma View Post
I dont personally have an RBG to Scart but the Computer Repair Shop I work in does
A computer repair shop has an Amiga RGB SCART cable? Seems unlikely. It would have to be a very ancient place to still have one.
Old 28 March 2014, 13:49   #11
robinsonb5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
A computer repair shop has an Amiga RGB SCART cable? Seems unlikely. It would have to be a very ancient place to still have one.
Or be run by a retro enthusiast!
Old 29 March 2014, 02:49   #12
Simmymma

My bad, it wasnt a RGB scart it was the red, yellow and white with a scart, I dont even know if thats what you's are meaning hahaha. My works mainly mobile, pc and laptop repairs, but we get loads of weird cables sent from china, that was one of them.

Old 29 March 2014, 14:38   #13
voxel
Amiga Nuts!

Hello ^^)

you can use that cable to test your amigas ^^)
just plug the yellow cinch in the yellow composite video socket of any amiga and red and white in the sounds output. quality of the image should be pretty bad compared to the rgb out but viewable ^^)

welcome to eab
Old 11 April 2014, 12:19   #14
edd_jedi

It's also worth mentioning that the two A1200 are suffering badly from plastic degradation (yellowing) which affects the price, I doubt you would get £100 for them due to this. But a nice find all the same!
Old 11 April 2014, 15:59   #15
fgh

Open the small cover below each machine and check if there is anything there. A1200 expansions especially could be worth more than the machine itself.