English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 27 December 2023, 10:26   #41
dalek

That's a great write up by Mick Roots. I have a newfound respect for what the A1500 was and was trying to achieve.

I find it interesting the box art mentions none of the features like rack mount possibility or behind able to handle heavy monitors or allow for improved cooling. Missed opportunity maybe as I remember it marketed more as a way to get an A2000 style box on the cheap.
Old 28 December 2023, 01:08   #42
scuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalek View Post
That's a great write up by Mick Roots. I have a newfound respect for what the A1500 was and was trying to achieve.

I find it interesting the box art mentions none of the features like rack mount possibility or behind able to handle heavy monitors or allow for improved cooling. Missed opportunity maybe as I remember it marketed more as a way to get an A2000 style box on the cheap.

Mick left out an lot of the earlier discussions from his final draft. You probably appreciate that the project moved to another company and A1500 Ltd failed to really get off the ground. The direction was no longer in his control and so you have the bones of the original concept that went into production a little earlier than it should. Had it realised its original goals I think you would have seen a slightly different end product.

If Mick wants to add more detail then I will certainly be happy to update the blog. For now I sense that I may be the only person that owns an A1500 Ltd machine. I would love to be proven wrong. Mick would definitely like to get his hands on one.