English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 08 January 2022, 16:04   #21
AMIGASYSTEM

Update AmiTube 0.7, now is available also the download in MPEG1 and in the original youtube format with choice of resolutions.

For those who have already tried this version inmattinata experiencing problems on the Download MPG1, today after reporting the problem was immediately fixed by its developer.

https://blog.alb42.de/

I have translated the catalog in Italian language that I will send soon to ALB.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 14 February 2022 at 10:00.
Old 08 January 2022, 22:29   #22
Nobby_UK

Just re-downloaded the Portal end tunes as MP4
(and a couple of Skyrim ones)
Much nicer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	203.png
Views:	140
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	74340  
Old 08 January 2022, 23:18   #23
AMIGASYSTEM

I enclose a short video that shows how Amitube can download and play videos in MPEG format and in the original format Youtube:

Download and then view the video:

AmiTube OS3/68k:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EaP...mJwpyZFwI/view

AmiTube AROS x86
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ojk...47iiWwiQY/view
Old 23 January 2022, 10:56   #24
White

The program works perfectly with the 4.1FE with winuae.

probably there is just something to fix
I directly associated MickJT-MPlayer to stream youtube movies without downloading them in 1280x720. (720p).

If the author of AmiTube reads this maybe he can improve the program.

here the .ini file:
[Player]
Path=Sys:Utilities/MultiView
Parameter=%f
MPEGPath=Sys:Utilities/MultiView
MPEGParameter=%f
URLPlayerPath=Amiga:Utilities/MickJT-MPlayer/mplayer-nonaltivec
URLParameter=-really-quiet -vo sdl -autosync 30 %u
WGetPath=C:wget
WGetParameter=%u -O %f

Here instead the video that shows the BUG even if it works the same without problems is probably just a small thing to fix.

https://we.tl/t-JDv6XYouvh

here is the screenshot of the BUG but which does not prejudice its operation :

separate note:
Emotion Player instead works perfectly in stream without showing any errors with AmiTube .

It is of course also "ffplay-generic" (winuae) always works perfectly for direct streaming.

Last edited by White; 07 December 2022 at 12:59.
Old 23 January 2022, 12:09   #25
ALB42

That error message seems to be sent by mplayer maybe add a ">nil:" to options? not sure if that helps the window will be open nevertheless
Old 23 January 2022, 13:02   #26
White

@ALB42
Yes it's true the window will always be open,
I will try other solutions.

Thanks for writing this program. :-)

I will also try it on Morphos :-)
Old 25 January 2022, 06:48   #27
White

Also tried with morphos "ffplay4.4"
works well with streaming.
Old 25 January 2022, 09:19   #28
AMIGASYSTEM

Ciao Paolo, let's hope someone will update FFPlay on OS3 and MPlayer on AROS so that the "URL Player" will also work.
Old 25 January 2022, 16:11   #29
White

@AMIGASYSTEM
An old speech,
Each system has its strengths and characteristics,
There are many good developers who carry out projects in their spare time.
Of course, if you want a system that communicates with the Internet, some efforts should focus on some basic applications for the network.
For Off-line use then the situation is different, 68k is enough to advance on the amiga side.

Personally I now see a system like windows10-11 etc. now decades old.

We need a new, more complete system, something innovative

The current one is now obsolete

Games like "Stadia" projects should be expanded to support software and computing power for other applications.
But a new infrastructure of this kind will not be part of our generation.

But I would like a system based on this concept very much.

Certainly in its folds there will always be people who dialogue with this new way of seeing information technology in other ways.

On the other hand, even the current one is structured in a certain way, but there are always different ways to access the various services even in this way of seeing today's information technology.

Many years have passed for Aros and he had great potential.
that today in my opinion have been lost.

Morphos is a great system I really like the weak point is the hardware.
In my opinion it is perfect for my use on the amiga side.

Amigaos4.1 has exorbitant prices
For example, I found an amiga one g4 at the price of 900euro and then you can't even use odyssey to see some video on youtube because it's too slow and it doesn't make sense.

the 68k remains the best choice to use amiga as it used to be via winuae.

The rest to use technologies present on the net always talking about amigas remain personal choices depends on what one is looking for and how he enjoys it.

I personally have cut out my little "Amiga" with Morphos it was what I was looking for I am only sorry not to have chosen it sooner.

For the rest we try to have fun in our free time as we prefer.
So the best choice remains have fun with what you like at the bottom is the best thing.

I apologize for the long speech :-)

Congratulations again to "ALB42" for AmiTube and for the idea he had.
There seems to be no problem with DRM either and thanks again because using it with winuae is nice for me.
Old 25 January 2022, 17:35   #30
AMIGASYSTEM

I agree with everything you said Paolo, as always said Amiga today is just a hobby for enthusiasts, in a few decades when all the Amighisti will have become old "like me" hardly will use Amiga as they do now.
Old 29 January 2022, 16:47   #31
ALB42

@white:
try the newest Version 0.8 https://blog.alb42.de/2022/01/29/amitube-0-8/
(or use the build in Update check)
The console window should only open if there are messages (hopefully ;-))
Old 30 January 2022, 01:30   #32
AMIGASYSTEM

Thanks ALB42 for this new version, on the AROS x86 version I noticed some little problems:

- After the search only Get CDXL OCS and Get Original remain available, the other tabs MPEG etc.. are no longer present, see screenshot.

- The text written in the various fields is light blue, see screenshot

- MPlayer on AROS requires a stack, is it possible to add a TAB without writing it by hand on the player parameters? thanks

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 14 February 2022 at 09:59.
Old 30 January 2022, 09:01   #33
ALB42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
- After the search only Get CDXL OCS and Get Original remain available, the other tabs MPEG etc.. are no longer present, see screenshot.

Thats a setting in Prefs, a checkmark to see "All Formats"

Quote:
- The text written in the various fields is light blue, see screenshot

Thats a MUI/Zune setting of yours as it seems, I have no influence to that.

Quote:
- MPlayer on AROS requires a stack, is it possible to add a TAB without writing it by hand on the player parameters? thanks
Not sure what you mean by that, but you can either put mplayer into a script and add the stack there, or just increase the stack setting for AmiTube (in the icon), then also more stack will be used for the programs started from AmiTube.
Old 30 January 2022, 12:13   #34
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB42 View Post
Thats a setting in Prefs, a checkmark to see "All Formats"
Right sorry, I had used an old config file that fooled me

Quote:
Thats a MUI/Zune setting of yours as it seems, I have no influence to that.
Also here my mistake, unintentionally I have changed the color in Zune Prefs

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by that, but you can either put mplayer into a script and add the stack there, or just increase the stack setting for AmiTube (in the icon), then also more stack will be used for the programs started from AmiTube.
Adding the Stack in the icon doesn't work, it generates Guru, MPLayer if it doesn't have a high Stack generates Guru.
I will continue to add the stack in the parameters tab, see screenshot

I noticed two strange things:

- If I activate "Ask For Destination path" and choose the RAM path Mplayer doesn't start automatically, if "Ask For Destination path" is deactivated everything works normally.

- If you use words in "everything uppercase" from the search tab, the Youtube search does not start.

Excuse my English but from what I understand from your message, Amitube cannot be included in an AROS Distro.

I sent you some DualPNG icons created by me, did you receive them?

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 14 February 2022 at 09:59.
Old 01 February 2022, 20:12   #35
ALB42

Quote:
Adding the Stack in the icon doesn't work, it generates Guru, MPLayer if it doesn't have a high Stack generates Guru.

I will look at in for next version, I thought I pass the the stack size along, maybe I forgot.

Quote:
- If I activate "Ask For Destination path" and choose the RAM path Mplayer doesn't start automatically, if "Ask For Destination path" is deactivated everything works normally.

thats by purpose, if you use the Ask for destination the video is not any longer tracked by AmiTube and therefore also not played.
did you consider to put your movie directory to RAM:? via tooltype?

Quote:
- If you use words in "everything uppercase" from the search tab, the Youtube search does not start.
I can not reproduce that, i tried to search for "Amiga", "AMIGA" and "Amiga" all work here.

Quote:
I sent you some DualPNG icons created by me, did you receive them?

hmm? I included the Icons I got via email in the icons directory, just checked my email, nothing more arrived. I'm not sure I got an email from you, at least I don't see any.
Old 06 February 2022, 11:57   #36
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
I will look at in for next version, I thought I pass the the stack size along, maybe I forgot.
thanks

Quote:
did you consider to put your movie directory to RAM:? via tooltype?
Yes I tried in Tooltypes "MOVIEDIR=RAM:MOVIE", maybe I'm wrong, the problem is that even if the video is downloaded regularly in RAM then it is not executed by MPlayer.

Quote:
I can not reproduce that, i tried to search for "Amiga", "AMIGA" and "Amiga" all work here.
This happens "only" on AROS x86/68k, also as I told you on your site AROS 68k after the video search shows text artifacts, it is solved by enlarging the GUI.

Quote:
hmm? I included the Icons I got via email in the icons directory, just checked my email, nothing more arrived. I'm not sure I got an email from you, at least I don't see any.
From your site I have commented several times on Amitube and I have attached some links for my DualPNG icons, the Italian catalog for Amitube, some of my videos, and the request if I could insert Amitube on my Distro AROS One x86/68k, and I never had an answer.

If you want I can send everything again to your email
Old 08 February 2022, 21:58   #37
ALB42

Quote:
Yes I tried in Tooltypes "MOVIEDIR=RAM:MOVIE", maybe I'm wrong, the problem is that even if the video is downloaded regularly in RAM then it is not executed by MPlayer.

to be honest I never tried that, make sure that the ram:movie exists before you start AmiTube (or it will again use the local movies dir on the HD)
and if you use the moviedir=ram:movie you should not use the "ask for destination" function anymore, then autoplay and play with mplayer should work?

Quote:
This happens "only" on AROS x86/68k, also as I told you on your site AROS 68k after the video search shows text artifacts, it is solved by enlarging the GUI.
Yes I noticed that, my VERY old version does not have it, a newer one shows that) it is a bug in Zune (MUI for AROS) it seems that it calculates the width of text wrongly, it is much worse on the current x86_64-aros ABIv11 as I noticed. It is a long standing bug, I remember back in the days I reported that bug to the devs seems nobody cares enough to fix it.

Quote:
From your site I have commented several times on Amitube and I have attached some links for my DualPNG icons, the Italian catalog for Amitube, some of my videos, and the request if I could insert Amitube on my Distro AROS One x86/68k, and I never had an answer.

If you want I can send everything again to your email

I'm really sorry, on which blog post are these comments? It may be that the spam filter ate it, especially if you put links into the text, thats not unlikely, usually I answer to messages under the blog-posts (if there are questions or so)

About the Distro, currently I don't want to have the program on any distro or sharing pages (like aminet) there are several reasons why, the most important are

- it's not in a finished state it changes often (too often for a distro) especially because I don't want to keep it compatible to older versions (especially the interface to the server)

- I'm still unsure about the legal situation especially because google lately moved from "don't be evil" to "be evil but deny it". (did you read that they sue a company who hosts a webpage for youtube-dl ... the very program I used on the server? before i moved the newer program yt-dlp)

My idea was to open the program to general use for 1.0 then hopefully the interface to the server is stable enough.

if you want to write me that's no problem, maybe better if the spam filter eats your blog post answers.
Old 09 February 2022, 08:10   #38
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
to be honest I never tried that, make sure that the ram:movie exists before you start AmiTube (or it will again use the local movies dir on the HD)
and if you use the moviedir=ram:movie you should not use the "ask for destination" function anymore, then autoplay and play with mplayer should work?
It works even without using the string "moviedir=ram:movie", and with "ask for destination" enabled, the problem is that after the change you have to exit and restart Amitube.

Quote:
Yes I noticed that, my VERY old version does not have it, a newer one shows that) it is a bug in Zune (MUI for AROS) it seems that it calculates the width of text wrongly,
With AROS x86 the problem of corrupted text does not exist, everything works perfectly, this is a problem only for AROS 68k.

Quote:
I'm really sorry, on which blog post are these comments? It may be that the spam filter ate it, especially if you put links into the text, thats not unlikely, usually I answer to messages under the blog-posts (if there are questions or so)
Yes in the messages I had added links, the messages I had written them on the first two reviews of AmiTube

Quote:
- I'm still unsure about the legal situation especially because google lately moved from "don't be evil" to "be evil but deny it". (did you read that they sue a company who hosts a webpage for youtube-dl ... the very program I used on the server? before i moved the newer program yt-dlp)
Ok your concern is right
Old 12 February 2022, 19:08   #39
ALB42

Quote:
It works even without using the string "moviedir=ram:movie", and with "ask for destination" enabled, the problem is that after the change you have to exit and restart Amitube.

With AROS x86 the problem of corrupted text does not exist, everything works perfectly, this is a problem only for AROS 68k.

I made a little video:
https://blog.alb42.de/2022/02/12/amitube-on-aros64/

AmiTube on AROS64 with starting MPlayer you can see the Listview graphic corruption, looks the same for you? and as you can see you can set the movies dir without a problem to RAM: and play with mplayer.
Old 12 February 2022, 19:39   #40
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:

AmiTube on AROS64 with starting MPlayer you can see the Listview graphic corruption, looks the same for you?
Yes it is the same I have "only" on AROS 68k, on AROS x86 no text corruption, see my little video attached:

http://eab.abime.net/zone/AROS-OneX86-AmiTube.zip