English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Technical

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03 June 2018, 03:27   #1
jmmijo
Junior Member
jmmijo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PDX
Age: 56
Posts: 2,360
Windows 10 or GPU Issue ?

I have this random issue occurring only on my Gaming machine, it has the following specs:

Intel Core i7-6850K CPU
32GB of Corsair DDR4 RAM
ASUS GTX-1080 Strix Edition GPU

What is happening is some random green dots will appear on the screen in the app/game I'm currently running and then disappear.

These dots don't appear in the same place either and they will disappear after a few seconds on the screen.

They form random patterns too so this is kind of pointing to a possible GPU malfunction.

The GPU isn't running hot but maybe a faulty component ?

Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.
jmmijo is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 03 June 2018, 12:14   #2
Axxy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 103
You could try re-seating the GPU or getting the latest drivers...

You haven't updated Windows 10 with the new Spring Wreck(Up)date?
On mine and loads of others PCs, the update kindly uninstalled the Nvidia software so you were left with no drivers..
Axxy is offline  
Old 03 June 2018, 14:14   #3
BarryB
Amigaholic

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 2,718
Just google 'nvidia random green dots' and you'll see various people with similar problems and not just on newer cards!

Could be heat, voltage, defective VRAM, cable, driver and a myriad of other things!! If it's factory overclocked can it be set back to default clocks to try?
BarryB is offline  
Old 03 June 2018, 17:11   #4
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump
SquawkBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: France
Age: 44
Posts: 37
Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Does this happen if you run this app/game in Windows 7 or earlier Compatibility Mode ?
SquawkBox is offline  
Old 03 June 2018, 23:04   #5
jmmijo
Junior Member
jmmijo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PDX
Age: 56
Posts: 2,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxy View Post
You could try re-seating the GPU or getting the latest drivers...

You haven't updated Windows 10 with the new Spring Wreck(Up)date?
On mine and loads of others PCs, the update kindly uninstalled the Nvidia software so you were left with no drivers..
Axxy, still on Windows 10, Build 1703 as I was going to wait until I read some feedback on the latest Spring Release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Just google 'nvidia random green dots' and you'll see various people with similar problems and not just on newer cards!

Could be heat, voltage, defective VRAM, cable, driver and a myriad of other things!! If it's factory overclocked can it be set back to default clocks to try?
BarryB, thanks I will check this out, could be the drivers, I'm using the latest build release of v397.93 from May 24th.

As for other testing, I do have an HDMI KVM switchbox and have disconnected the HDMI cable multiple times, I think I have some spare cables to swap out with for testing.

I can say the issue is still present even when disconnecting and connecting the cable again.

However my WS which is connected to the same HDMI switchbox is NOT having this issue.

It has my older ASUS GTX 980 Strix GPU installed into it, the difference is that it's an older AMD FX-8350 machine. It also has the same nVidia driver build installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkBox View Post
Does this happen if you run this app/game in Windows 7 or earlier Compatibility Mode ?
SquawkBox, I've not tried this yet, I will do some testing and see what happens, both my Gaming Rig and my Workstation are connected to the same HDMI KVM switchbox and my WS isn't having this display issue.

I just checked and found that my Gaming Rig is running on the Windows 10, Build 1702 but my WS is running on Windows 10, Build 1709

This is a strange one for sure.

Last edited by jmmijo; 04 June 2018 at 10:03.
jmmijo is offline  
Old 04 June 2018, 01:56   #6
haps
Rumpig

haps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The bottom of the bottle
Age: 2
Posts: 174
I had the same problem years ago with an Nvidia card (1st or 2nd gen GeForce) and it turned out to be a faulty card.
haps is offline  
Old 04 June 2018, 10:04   #7
jmmijo
Junior Member
jmmijo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PDX
Age: 56
Posts: 2,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by haps View Post
I had the same problem years ago with an Nvidia card (1st or 2nd gen GeForce) and it turned out to be a faulty card.
I've got that in the back of my mind, I'm hoping that is not the case.
jmmijo is offline  
Old 04 June 2018, 11:07   #8
Axxy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmijo View Post
Axxy, still on Windows 10, Build 1703 as I was going to wait until I read some feedback on the latest Spring Release.
I thought I had turned Updates off and could only get them manually (like always). Unfortunately, Windows decided to download and Install it anyway after I just checked if there were any Updates available.

You have to bear in mind, I did this on the weekend before it was to be released officially, because at the time, a lot of people were surprised it was even available to the public, hence there was no feedback at that time, as it was too late. Only people who were subscribed for the Windows Insider Program should have received it that early, and I'm not in that, didn't even notice the option until I started reading all the issues with this Update.

I'm still not sure why it downloaded it in the first place, it never has before, I've always install manually.
Axxy is offline  
Old 06 June 2018, 05:23   #9
jmmijo
Junior Member
jmmijo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PDX
Age: 56
Posts: 2,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxy View Post
I thought I had turned Updates off and could only get them manually (like always). Unfortunately, Windows decided to download and Install it anyway after I just checked if there were any Updates available.

You have to bear in mind, I did this on the weekend before it was to be released officially, because at the time, a lot of people were surprised it was even available to the public, hence there was no feedback at that time, as it was too late. Only people who were subscribed for the Windows Insider Program should have received it that early, and I'm not in that, didn't even notice the option until I started reading all the issues with this Update.

I'm still not sure why it downloaded it in the first place, it never has before, I've always install manually.
Since I run the PRO version of Win 10 I used a regedit to turn these off and also look out for the Windows 10 Update Assistant, you will want to delete this app as it will download in the background and install updates if you don't.
jmmijo is offline  
Old 18 June 2018, 14:30   #10
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: #Confefe
Age: 46
Posts: 2,331
I am still sure it is just a user issues... not win 10 or GPU...

Speaking of easy update button for aps, PatchMyPC seems to do wonder of finding apps and updating them to latest available version.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...tch_my_pc.html

It also include nice uninstall option for lots of programs.
Anubis is offline  
Old 19 June 2018, 23:59   #11
jmmijo
Junior Member
jmmijo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PDX
Age: 56
Posts: 2,360
Possible FIX ?

Possible FIX for my issue, still testing to confirm however.

I noticed that somehow I installed the Intel CPU Boost 3.0 app which also installs a service.

I had to uninstall and disable the service so I'm doing more testing to see if this issue returns or not.

I may also uninstall all the ASUS motherboard apps too just to be sure.
jmmijo is offline  
Old 04 August 2018, 10:51   #12
Solderbro
Registered User

Solderbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Hamburg
Age: 50
Posts: 55
Reminds me to two cards i had before, one AMD and one NVidia. At both the GPU got contact problems after 2 years (warranty), the effect is color flickering blocks in the graphics, more in 3D and less in desktop 2D mode.
Some suggest a reballing of the GPU but you can find many videos against that.
Solderbro is offline  
Old 05 August 2018, 02:02   #13
jmmijo
Junior Member
jmmijo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PDX
Age: 56
Posts: 2,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solderbro View Post
Reminds me to two cards i had before, one AMD and one NVidia. At both the GPU got contact problems after 2 years (warranty), the effect is color flickering blocks in the graphics, more in 3D and less in desktop 2D mode.
Some suggest a reballing of the GPU but you can find many videos against that.
It's still happening, I will probably just get another GPU and then see if I can RMA in the failing unit to ASUS.
jmmijo is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 10 Build 1709 Issue jmmijo OT - Technical 14 04 May 2018 12:32
Windows Explorer Issue jmmijo OT - Technical 11 15 March 2018 14:21
vbcc 0.9f (windows) local includes issue? dalton Coders. C/C++ 4 29 July 2017 21:33
Need high-res picture of Cybervision PPC GPU grelbfarlk support.Hardware 3 23 April 2017 04:11
gpu which one to choose turrican3 support.WinUAE 15 17 July 2008 01:49

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.07525 seconds with 15 queries