English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 10 August 2001, 22:01   #1
XoreX

Wrath of the Demon (working)

I have like 2 or 3 ver. of this game and they all have the same problem. I never can exit the 1 scene (riding on the horse). Does somebody have working discs?
Old 10 August 2001, 22:08   #2
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

You know, I have the same problem..he just rides and rides and rides....
edited..by the way, if there are no other versions, this thread may belong in the Probems-> games area.......

Last edited by Fred the Fop; 10 August 2001 at 22:33.
Old 11 August 2001, 10:26   #3
XoreX

Ok, i am moving the post to the problems area...
Old 20 August 2001, 03:15   #4
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Glad to see your search for a cadavre goes well. how about the avoidance of The Wrath of a Demon?
Old 20 August 2001, 07:24   #5
XoreX

Hmmm, yes, it was a long "quest" but I think that I found a working version (it should be) but this scene 1 is very long, gona compare it with Atari ST version...
If its ok, then I gona put it in the adf zone.
Old 20 August 2001, 10:02   #6
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Thanks to you Xorex.I am still trying to get mine to work. Being an Atari St owner, I am glad you see that Both versions are worthy.
P.S I wish you had an avatar
Old 20 August 2001, 19:06   #7
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

What, so you can judge him? To be tied to the whipping post and lashed with your acid-tongued cat o'nine tails? Or stroked and coddled because he likes the ST? Brer Fox and Avatar Baby...

Old 20 August 2001, 23:42   #8
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

LOL!!!
Any one here will admit to the greatness of the Atari St...compared to the PC in those days. It was in my humble opinion inferior to the Amiga; i'll admit that, but it was pretty good.
But the Amiga version of this game cannot be emulated, and I wish it could
Old 21 August 2001, 04:11   #9
Amigaboy

Having never used an Atari ST before and knowing alot about the Amiga VS Atari ST wars, I decided to give it a chance. About a month back, I downloaded an emulator as well as a few games.

I booted the thing up, and I was surprised!......and how crap it is!!!

Everyone says Atari ST compares to the Amiga...NO! The graphics were bad, the sound was beyond crap.

SHEESH! I was willing to give it a chance, but I was disappointed. Everyone said the Atari ST was THE machine for sound editing, etc. NO! The sounds suck!

This reminds me of the Spectrum VS C64 wars...The C64 was by FAR superior to the Spectrum

Of course, those who owned Atari ST's (ala Fred) will surely defend it (probably due to nostalgic reasons), but that's my 2 cents

Old 21 August 2001, 05:18   #10
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

I respect your opionions, Amigaboy.
I agree, sound wise, Atari St was bowelmovement. I am not up on tech specs, but I do know that it was not up to Amiga..and graphics\colour wise as well. Atari culd not scroll parralex style, etc. But you should give it some chance
The system had a huge library of games, and many were up to or very close....some even better, than Amiga versions. this I suspect was because the Atari to Amiga ports were done lazily, not taking advantage of Amiga's power. I notice on the flip side, that Amiga to Atari ports did not live up to the Amiga versions, usually.
I got my Atari St used from a freind in 1992 who moved up to an Amiga 1200 (He had both systems, as well as a Speccy and C 64..he was a brat!). My Atari St died in 97, but not before it gave me 5 years of great gaming. PSX took over. then, in 1999, I saw Panzer General 2. I had played the original on the PSX. That made me build this PC I am using. My Macintosh, which I regard as vastly superior to ANY windoze powered product, is my fave.
But Macs just don't cut it gaming wise, if only for limited chices compared to PC.
I don't care much for the new generation of consoles, but...GT# on PS2 has me droolong.
I really went off on a tangent here..geez.

Being I was a poor pizzaria worker, I was ecstatic to play Reach for the Skies and Immortal, whose graphics were equal to the Amiga version. The Atari moniters also were well made, I remember.
So true, I will be the first to admit, Amiga was far superior to the Atari St.
BUT....
At least I was not a PeeCee lamer
Until now:P heh heh
Old 21 August 2001, 07:29   #11
XoreX

Still could not pass the scene1 with Wrath of the "very hard" Demon, but how they say: never give up...

Atari ST had some games witch were (for me) better then on a amiga (like Live and Let die, Barbarian, Int. Karate).
Lotous ETC was not to bad (ok, sound is another story) and but Jumping Jackson had great music on my grey 520.
I was a bit disappointed with Lotus ETC came and especially when Shadow of the Beast came out, this 2 games were the main reason that I bought an amiga.
But my 520 is still in my memory..
Old 21 August 2001, 07:35   #12
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

OK, some minor (random) notes here.

Talk about monitors, damn CBM monitors sure are durable, ain't they? I still have the same monitors in use today that I got with my first miggys! Was just reading some old game developer's site last night and they talked about getting a CBM monitor and mentioned that they still use it today!

An old ST freak who used to be on my BBS in the old days (his lame nick was STratohackSTer) constantly argued with me online about the ST's superiority to the Amiga. He claimed that all the best recording studios had ST's in them (yeah right!) and that Calamus on the ST was a very common thing in high-powered publishing. As if!

One of the things that I always hated about the ST is the fact that one had to reboot to change resolutions! And their high resolution was 16-color greyscale! And those function keys...what was Tramiel thinking when he decided on the slanted keys? Was this guy on drugs? It seems like you could hit three function keys at once with keys like that.

Then there is the lore of the Amiga origins in the story of Jay Miner and the story of how Jack T. ripped off the original draft for the Amiga from Jay before they were finished. This was pre-WB/OS and while it was still non-working and developmental. It really makes sense when you consider how the ST looks similar to the A500, but is missing a breakthrough OS (sorry, but that TOS is pish!) All the shortcomings of (C64) GEM and PC DOS with a dash of Mac tossed into one melting pot of a messy OS. Yeesh!

But in the good old days, the ST was indeed an ally when compared to the 'IBM'.

C-64 was simply one of the coolest systems ever. I still have my lovely, near-mint C64-C and shall never part with it. And while I never owned one, I happen to like the Amstrad better than the Speccy. The Spectrum definitely had more games, but I thought they almost always looked better on the Amstrad CPC.
Old 21 August 2001, 09:02   #13
RetroMan

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin' Ghost
The Spectrum definitely had more games, but I thought they almost always looked better on the Amstrad CPC.
No, the Spectrum difinitely had less games, than the Amstrad (maybe there weren´t that much in USA ? Dunno .... ). But the second one is CORRECT They look way better on the Amstrad, e.g. when I think of GRYZOR, one of the best "shoot´n runs" I have ever seen....

Anyway I don´t think that this Amiga <----> Atari War should continue here on this board, cause as a real Amigan, you would NEVER think of seriously using an Atari and vice versa. I also think, the Amiga was superior to the Atari, but that was my opinion back then, cause I owned one, and NEVER saw an Atari in action.

Now some years later I own 4 Amiga´s and 2 Atari ST and I must admit that some Atari games might have less grafix or sound, but they are more playable than hundreds of Amiga games (Sure, there are also Amiga games that are more playable ) , like OIDS, my fav game of all times on the Atari. And another thing I liked on the Atari ST, you don´t have to use a Disk to Boot Up, even if TOS is crap, you can format disks and copy files and all that basic stuff, without having to use a boot disk. It´s a big advantage IMHO !

Ok guys, have a nice day ...... cu ....... RetroMan
Old 21 August 2001, 11:54   #14
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Exclamation No collision!

Back on topic:
Did anyone already notice that we don't have collision detection in WinUAE with WOTD?
Unplayable (still).
Old 21 August 2001, 18:55   #15
Amiga1992

The STs were really used in many music studios, mainly because the ywere bolted on with MIDI de-facto. CuBase was originated in the ST!

I still think the Amiga comes above it, but I don't happen to dislike the ST sound that much. That FM synth could pull some wicked waves if programmed properly. I heard good tunes (those done by Excellence in Art are highly recommended).

Anyway, the Amstrad is great. I found about it thanks to a french guy who is a complete Amstrad nutty... Tried it on emulation, loved it, and bought one some months after that
Old 21 August 2001, 21:43   #16
XoreX

Yes, but in some ver. there was non collision detection at all, but in some there is collision detec. with this flying dont know whats (devils?) in scene 1, but still no with stones on the ground...
Old 22 August 2001, 00:00   #17
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Akira is a Vic 20 man, really.
Old 22 August 2001, 03:10   #18
Amiga1992

That is a compliment

I still got to get one of those VC20s... I think it's the only commodore home computer I don't have..

Time to make a checklist...
Old 22 August 2001, 04:00   #19
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

When I was in California, I had three or four Vic-20's from people just giving them to me or spending .99 for them in thrift stores or at yard sales. And due to space limitations, I ended up giving them all away. Two of them were even in the display boxes they were originally sold in!

When I go back, Akira, I will see if I can find you one cheap somewhere and just send it to you. I hate to see such a great collection as yours with a missing link. But more importantly, because I know you will properly enjoy it. That's the idea, right?
Old 22 August 2001, 08:55   #20
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Your hair looks like you combed it wirh a Vic 20