English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 31 August 2007, 17:29   #1
DanielCordell9

slowdown in 1.4 series (and more)

Ever since the debut of the whole 1.4 series "Both Beta and Final Versions"
I've had problems with with the sound during emulation on every Rom I had tried out with every sound setting too including messing around the buffer settings and Mono/Stereo/Surround settings, and even changing between the default configs for loading roms too "I've basiclly tried everything to get the sound working with no ovail".

Everytime a moving picture comes, the sound starts popping rapidly and sometimes even so bad, that I have to turn off my speakers so it is a genurine problem with the current series.

Here are my PC specs:

MS Windows XP SP2 "Fully Updated"

AMD Athlon Processor 1.33Ghz

320 MB RAM

There is also another legit problem, when you download a legit legal Multi Disk Gremlin released Rom from their website like Zool or Shadow Fighter for example, when it says, Insert Disk Whatever and press Fire, when you press fire, the screen just goes black for half a second with the correct disk in, and then the stuipid message keeps coming back for more.

Also Multi Disk swapping doesn't work very well when it's an auto non press fire disk swap game, it's like really slow and buggy at starting the next diskette up, when in an real A500+ it starts virtually straight away.

*******Also it would be sweet if WinUAE could load HDLoader games one day without having a Workbench 3.1 Rom and messing about, it would probably be possible to implant because of the Hard Drives section of WinUAE.******

Last edited by DanielCordell9; 31 August 2007 at 17:59.

Old 31 August 2007, 18:01   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Moved (this is not 1.4.4b1 specific, please read first post in beta thread before posting)
Old 31 August 2007, 18:04   #3
glue
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to glue Send a message via AIM to glue Send a message via Yahoo to glue
I think , your pc configuration is not good for full updated XP and winuae or other programs.

Minimum req. for non stresed working is : 1.8~2.0 Ghz , 512 or 1024 MB RAM (ddr !) .
Old 31 August 2007, 18:07   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Slowdown even with A500 quickstart with lowest compatibility? If yes, it must have something to do with your WinUAE display or filter settings.

Last version that worked fine was?

Quote:
There is also another legit problem, when you download a legit legal Multi Disk Gremlin released Rom from their website like Zool or Shadow Fighter for example, when it says, Insert Disk Whatever and press Fire, when you press fire, the screen just goes black for half a second with the correct disk in, and then the stuipid message keeps coming back for more.
URLs? Proper configuration?

Quote:
Also Multi Disk swapping doesn't work very well when it's an auto non press fire disk swap game, it's like really slow and buggy at starting the next diskette up, when in an real A500+ it starts virtually straight away.
"Works fine here" (=useless without names and CRC32)
Note that there is 2 second delay before disk is really inserted (if there was disk already in drive, most programs get really confused if disk is replaced immediately because you can't do it with real Amiga..)

Quote:
*******Also it would be sweet if WinUAE could load HDLoader games one day without having a Workbench 3.1 Rom and messing about, it would probably be possible to implant because of the Hard Drives section of WinUAE.******
?

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 31 August 2007 at 18:15.
Old 31 August 2007, 20:59   #5
rsn8887

Quote:
Originally Posted by glue View Post
I think , your pc configuration is not good for full updated XP and winuae or other programs.

Minimum req. for non stresed working is : 1.8~2.0 Ghz , 512 or 1024 MB RAM (ddr !) .
Completely untrue, WinUAE works totally fine with most games here on a 1.2 GHz box, 256 MB RAM, on-board sound, ATI Rage128. Now (since some 1.3 version some time ago) even without crackling sound or hardly any sound delay! I am talking 50fps vsync...

I have to check sound more thoroughly on latest beta again, though. I almost thought I heard pitch-shifting again the other day, but I think might have been too drunk and heard something that wasn't there, or maybe it was cause I had too much stuff running in the background
Old 01 September 2007, 11:08   #6
DanielCordell9

My Sound Card is an VIA AC'97 Sound Card, I'm thinking that hopefully by picking that option instead of Primary Sound Driver, that it would start working as it should, fingers crossed.

Old 01 September 2007, 11:35   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

VIA AC97 is crap but it has nothing to do with sound card if CPU% goes over 100% only when lots of screen updates happen.

It means there is something (perhaps 2x filter or too big screen size, 32bit when it should be 16bit etc..) is using too much CPU which slows down the emulation and sound is always first that gets bad when there is not enough host CPU power.

Easy test: if CPU% still goes over 100% with sound disabled: absolutely has nothing to do with sound card. Check display/filter settings and make sure cycle exact is not enabled (at least 1.5GHz+ needed for ce)
Old 01 September 2007, 14:00   #8
DanielCordell9

Last time I checked. Screen Filters wasn't even swiched on at all, so that is out of the question.

But however I do have unused Startup icons I can delete, I'll try that now.