English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 09 November 2010, 15:09   #1
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Change Dual Png icons

Hi:
I've made the Amikit conversion to a real Amiga, but without graphic card.
I changed Afa_OS for IconBefast, and I have lots of things from there, including a lot of chip ram with 256 colors, but I would like to have the icons too. The ones of Amikit are Ken's 24-bits icons dual Png, but although I have installed PowerIcons, I can't see them, so I have installed Kent Icons 2.3 that look nice, but I would like to change some of them with the ones of Amikit.
I've tried with Iconian, even with Im-1.2, but I can't create or see them in my amiga, yes I know I should need a graphic card to see them, but I only want to change them to "normal" ones.

There must be a way from Amikit on WinUAE or on my amiga (I have some images as iff and Ilbm) to create the icons, perhaps a paint program that could load Ilbm or iff images, although I don't know how to make the icons later.

Or perhaps somebody has the main Amikit icons that were on version 1.2.9 of Amikit (they installed dual png on 1.3.0).

Can you tell me please?
Old 09 November 2010, 16:08   #2
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
I guess you could try renaming the png icons from x.info to x.png, then load them into iconedit, set transparency, smaller sketch and save as .info files. Might not look too pretty though.
Old 10 November 2010, 00:08   #3
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi:
Thank you very much, although Iconedit coudn't open them (perhaps I did something wrong). I used Picshow in WinUAE Amikit, renamed to png and saved as iff and info ones.
In my Amiga IconDeluxe told me that the file doesn't have Ilbm CMP Chunk. With Iconian it said Image isn't of the required type. Finally I opened the images with Multiview (till here I could see well the images) and saved them again as iff. Finally IconDeluxe could open them and save as icons that I can see, but apart that I can't use them as icons as they don't open (don't know what I must change in the information they have), they are really ugly, with very few colors.
Surely I can make the transformation better somehow, but I'm tired to try, so I will left them as they are now (ken's 2.3 icons) if I don't find ones of a previous Amikit installation without dual png.

Thanks anyway.