English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 18 September 2018, 22:45   #21
Overmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
If you have OS 3.9 and BB4, you'll have the updated trackdisk.device (40.2) with noclick enabled by default You can use it via LoadResident - LoadModule doesn't seem to like it.
I know this is a bit of a necro, but I've just had a HUGE headache because of this. I've tried everything and only now thought "could this be one of those damn no-click patches at work". I've been up for hours. I even changed out the damn motherboard thinking it might be an old-caps issue!

Can someone tell me how to disable this damn "feature"!? I've formatted my harddrive now and I'm in the process of reinstalling.

Last edited by Overmann; 18 September 2018 at 23:00.
Old 18 September 2018, 23:20   #22
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmann View Post
I know this is a bit of a necro, but I've just had a HUGE headache because of this. I've tried everything and only now thought "could this be one of those damn no-click patches at work". I've been up for hours. I even changed out the damn motherboard thinking it might be an old-caps issue!

Can someone tell me how to disable this damn "feature"!? I've formatted my harddrive now and I'm in the process of reinstalling.
Sorry, bit lost. What's the issue you're having?
Old 19 September 2018, 11:23   #23
Overmann

Quote:
Sorry, bit lost. What's the issue you're having?
My rage made me incomprehensible.
My floppy drive stopped working. The one i have clearly does not work with "no click" activated in trackdisk. Is there a way to disable that function or do I have to just replace the new trackdisk.device with the old one (if i install BB4)?
Old 19 September 2018, 11:37   #24
demolition
Unregistered User

You could try some NoClick tool. Perhaps some of them can also disable the no click feature. This one has options to exclude specific drives, but I am not sure if it actively disables no click on those drives or just skips them:

http://aminet.net/package/util/cdity/noclick20_usr

But you could also just replace trackdisk.device with an older one. I am not aware that there should be any negative side-effects to this.
Old 19 September 2018, 11:40   #25
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmann View Post
My rage made me incomprehensible.
My floppy drive stopped working. The one i have clearly does not work with "no click" activated in trackdisk. Is there a way to disable that function or do I have to just replace the new trackdisk.device with the old one (if i install BB4)?
Look in your startup-sequence, and you should find the LoadResident line. Just remove trackdisk.device from it, and you're back to the one in ROM. I removed the LoadResident line entirely in mine, and just add noclick with a tool called wildclick (as required).
Old 19 September 2018, 13:59   #26
Overmann

Quote:
Look in your startup-sequence, and you should find the LoadResident line. Just remove trackdisk.device from it, and you're back to the one in ROM. I removed the LoadResident line entirely in mine, and just add noclick with a tool called wildclick (as required).
Thanks alot. It's working now.
I did what demolition suggested as well, just to be safe!