English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 27 July 2011, 01:40   #1
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Classic Workbench for A4000T

Hi!

I just thought I'd post this, I had a friend round today with his A4000T and we tried to setup CWB 3.9 on his rig, well we couldn't get it going, it just would not boot up, guru'ing after the first reset.

I guess its to do with the A4000T's SCSI (although we were using the onboard IDE) and the 40.70 Rom which I read is missing the workbench.library...

In the end we installed CWB P96 (adding the workbench.library from the 3.1 Disk) and got this working with his CV64

However we'd really like to run CWB OS3.9, does anyone know what we would need to change on the standard install for it to work on the A4000T?

I guess we would try installing OS3.9 + BB 1&2 on the real Amiga and use the image of 3.9 to activate CWB, would this work?

Thanks in advance

Steve.
Old 27 July 2011, 13:29   #2
Bloodwych

You have far more experience than me installing ClassicWB on real Amigas - not sure why the OS3.9 version won't work.

It won't make a difference using a real Amiga install of OS3.9 vs a WinUAE install to activate - the same files will get copied over.

If a standard OS3.9 install works on his Amiga, then it must be one of the patches incuded with the ClassicWB. In WinUAE, disable all the patches using the Settings menu, then after installing on the Real Amiga enable them one by one. If the P96 version is working, then try disabling Cyberbugfix in the OS3.9 pack first as that's not part of the 3.0/1 packs.

You can disbale OS3.9's scsi.device replacement (double boot) by renaming the file in Devs or commenting out the Startup-Sequence. If it's OS3.9 BB2 scsi.device causing the issue, try the one from the ClassicWB 3.0/1/P96 packs.

Looks like it may be trial and error.
Old 27 July 2011, 16:32   #3
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Bloodwych is right... Just prep the ClassicWB 3.9 package under WinUAE, and copy the Workbench.library from BB3 archive into LIBS: and you're set

Can't wait to get back from vacation to tinker ClassicWB 3.9 onto my new A4000D PPC
Old 27 July 2011, 16:53   #4
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Cheers for the reply Bloodwych

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilos View Post
Bloodwych is right... Just prep the ClassicWB 3.9 package under WinUAE, and copy the Workbench.library from BB3 archive into LIBS: and you're set

Can't wait to get back from vacation to tinker ClassicWB 3.9 onto my new A4000D PPC

Ahh, we put Workbench.library from WB3.1 ADF and this didn't work, but we didn't try disabling options suggested. Maybe we can put it in Deneb flash? I was playing with mine yesterday as I upgraded Poseiden to 4.4 so had to put the latest posiden.library in the flash which meant getting out of my comfort zone and reading the Lucifern manual lol...

Thanks for the advice guys, hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll have my own A4000T to tinker with

Lookin' forward to seeing your work marios
Old 27 July 2011, 19:33   #5
Bloodwych

Hope you get it sorted fitzsteve; mfilos seems to know the score!
Old 28 July 2011, 09:33   #6
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
Hope you get it sorted fitzsteve; mfilos seems to know the score!
Thanks my friend, indeed mfilos is the man with the plan