English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 29 May 2012, 23:36   #141
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joufflu View Post
Hi Frode, I did not test the 1.3.10 version, but version 1.3.11 does not display high resolution 1680*1050 (it works if I set 1024*768) (as it is still working in 1.3.9) on MacOSX.

When I launch FS-UAE with the following configuration, the screen stay black.
Hi, thanks for reporting quickly, problem was probably introduced in 1.3.11. Will you check if 1.3.12 fixes it?

Version 1.3.12:
* Fix framewait and make RTG work again (problem introduced in 1.3.11).
http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae/download-beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedvicio View Post
Frode, the last beta don't load hard disk file.
Perhaps just the same dark screen problem with RTG? If not, please post log file.
Old 29 May 2012, 23:42   #142
Speedvicio

v1.3.12 working again
Old 30 May 2012, 07:39   #143
nexusle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
problem was probably introduced in 1.3.11.
...and in many older versions too
Old 30 May 2012, 12:53   #144
joufflu

Hi,

Quote:
Hi, thanks for reporting quickly, problem was probably introduced in 1.3.11. Will you check if 1.3.12 fixes it?
I confirm display in 1680*1050 is working well with 1.3.12. Thanks for your quick fix !
Old 01 June 2012, 14:36   #145
ashren

FrodeSolheim: The newer dev versions solved the segfault problem. Amazing how fast fs-uae has progressed so far.

Old 02 June 2012, 01:16   #146
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Packages for the newly released Fedora 17 has been added to http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae/download-beta, and by request, I have also now packaged fs-uae-launcher for the RPM based distributions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashren View Post
FrodeSolheim: The newer dev versions solved the segfault problem. Amazing how fast fs-uae has progressed so far.
Great
Old 03 June 2012, 14:07   #147
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

FS-UAE 1.3.13:
  • Show on-screen message when saving screenshot.
  • Smooth fade on quit also in vsync mode.
  • Conditionally add OF macro to fix compilation of unzip on Gentoo [jopadan].
  • Alter keycode mapping on Linux to make it work with both evdev and kdb Xorg drivers, and not just evdev mappings [AndrewKanaber].
http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae/download-beta

FS-UAE Launcher 1.3.13 have received a relatively major update. I have created a separate thread for FS-UAE Launcher -I would appreciate if you post launcher-related questions and issues in this new thread:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=64531

I have posted the list of changes and a screenshot of the current launcher there, and will follow up with more information about upcoming features.
Old 03 June 2012, 14:16   #148
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
Frode the best would be to put the select boxes for kickstart selection back into the launcher.
You should now be able to manually override the kickstart.
(New thread: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=64531)
Old 03 June 2012, 17:50   #149
yesplease

Thanks frode, you are incredible fun!
Old 03 June 2012, 17:53   #150
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
Thanks frode, you are incredible fun!
Before you test and "complain" about the kickstart override -Ironically, it fails and complains about missing kickstart unless the kickstart is *not* in the kickstart dir -will be fixed in the next version of the launcher.
Old 03 June 2012, 19:04   #151
grimi

Hi. Thank you Frode for your work. I have some bug report...

64bit fs-uae binary crashes with config keyword 'uae_gfxcard_size' ( 32bit is stable, on same linux install), with this message:
Code:
[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
fs-uae: xcb_io.c:178: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.
Second problem. The same config but with disabled rtg, from version 1.3.10 , huge slowdown on workbench (loading/usage).
1.3.11 speed ok , 1.3.12 and 1.3.13 like 1.3.10 slowdown.

Once again, thank you for superb Amiga emulator for linux os ...

P.S. Sorry for my english.
Attached Files
File Type: txt FS-UAE.log.txt (25.8 KB, 134 views)
File Type: txt os31.fs-uae.txt (435 Bytes, 109 views)

Last edited by grimi; 03 June 2012 at 20:16.
Old 03 June 2012, 21:06   #152
Philantrop

Frode, is there a way to merge sdf files back into their respective adf file?
Old 04 June 2012, 14:13   #153
waal

Thanks for this great emu, Frode. I'm very glad to be able to easily emulate my fav machine on my macbook pro this way.

I've just been playing with shaders lately and I wasn't suprised to meet some slowdown with some of them. But I'd like to have an accurate idea of the current speed. I didn't notice any similar option before so do you think it would be possible to display a FPS counter during emulation ?

Another suggestion, what about automatically pausing the emulation once you enter the in-game menu ?
Old 04 June 2012, 18:09   #154
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimi View Post
Hi. Thank you Frode for your work. I have some bug report...

64bit fs-uae binary crashes with config keyword 'uae_gfxcard_size' ( 32bit is stable, on same linux install), with this message:
Code:
[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
fs-uae: xcb_io.c:178: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.
Second problem. The same config but with disabled rtg, from version 1.3.10 , huge slowdown on workbench (loading/usage).
1.3.11 speed ok , 1.3.12 and 1.3.13 like 1.3.10 slowdown.

Once again, thank you for superb Amiga emulator for linux os ...

P.S. Sorry for my english.
There is possibly a call to a GUI (X) function not originating from the main thread somewhere (there isn't supposed to be). Could take some time to track down. A bit weird that it happens so often for you, and only for 64-bit (and only with RTG)..

Regarding the speed issue (I understand slow to mean slower than before, in fastest-possible mode), I know why it worked better for you in 1.3.11, and I will work more on improving and cleaning up fastest-possible / RTG mode -right now, it's a bit messy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
Unfortunately not, -not currently at least Btw, I am considering removing this automatic feature for ADF files, and instead let frontends launch fs-uae with copies of ADFs and store changed ADF files in order to get non-destructive floppy writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waal View Post
Thanks for this great emu, Frode. I'm very glad to be able to easily emulate my fav machine on my macbook pro this way.

I've just been playing with shaders lately and I wasn't suprised to meet some slowdown with some of them. But I'd like to have an accurate idea of the current speed. I didn't notice any similar option before so do you think it would be possible to display a FPS counter during emulation ?
Yes, I will probably add the possibility of displaying FPS or warning leds on missed frames, etc.

For now, you can get visualization of rendering problems by pressing Ctrl+F10 -it will graph the time per frame, both for emulation thread and rendering thread (but this can also affect rendering performance a bit). If you run it in a terminal, you can press Ctrl+F9 and it will start printing FPS to the console (but will only show average fps since function was activated, so not a very great function)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waal View Post
Another suggestion, what about automatically pausing the emulation once you enter the in-game menu ?
It actually did at one time. -But then I thought it was cooler without pausing I might make it optional though.
Old 04 June 2012, 21:31   #155
Philantrop

Maybe you could just make the usage of SDF files optional? In general, I think it's useful.
Old 04 June 2012, 22:04   #156
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
It is probably quite easy to write an utility to merge them, but here is a hack which also (probably) works. Start up fs-uae with workbench, a mounted folder, and the floppy image to merge in a floppy drive -and then use an Amiga program to rip the "disk" to a new ADF file stored on the mounted volume...
Old 04 June 2012, 22:26   #157
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/tsgui working well for this ..
Old 11 June 2012, 12:09   #158
arokh

Awesome that amiga emulation for other platforms than Windows is being worked on again.

Frode, I'm wondering how to get my MacBook Air to display 50Hz on my TV? It's connected with HDMI through a receiver.

I tried with and without mirroring. I can set the display output to 720p/50Hz, but when I launch fs-uae fullscreen it switches to 60Hz. How come?

Old 11 June 2012, 13:12   #159
yesplease

Hi arokh,
I have an macmini2011 which is connected via hdmi to my LCD and it switches to 1920x1080i, don't know about for sure 50/60Hz (I am not at home at the moment). Will report the Hz number to you in the evening. Is yours also interlaced ? Personally I dont like interlaced modus, I want the 1080p or 720p modus because the graphic output is much crisper.

EDIT: also 60Hz on my mac. But whats so bad about it ? I think the interlace mode is more annoying, have this also in some games like fish labs galaxy on fire2 for mac. With dvi cable no problem, but when using hdmi, some title not all, turning to interlaced mode. Must be possible to be fixed by code though... Frode ?

Last edited by yesplease; 11 June 2012 at 21:28.
Old 15 June 2012, 12:15   #160
arokh

From the manual:

"In order to get perfect scrolling in (PAL) Amiga games, your display must have a refresh rate of 50hz and you must have full video sync enabled in FS-UAE. Full video sync will automatically be enabled if FS-UAE detects that your display runs at 50Hz. In case it doesn’t detect it, you can force full video sync with the video_sync option. If you force this, and the display isn’t running at 50Hz, the emulation will instead run at incorrect speed and you will get issues with sound."