English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > EAB's competition

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 20 February 2017, 22:05   #41
capehorn
Registered User
capehorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Age: 33
Posts: 1,245
57,140

Does anyone have any tips on how to use autofire in WinUAE and still be able to use your special weapon?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Apidya_Disk1_004.png
Views:	29
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	52116  
capehorn is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 20 February 2017, 22:42   #42
S0ulA55a551n
Registered User
S0ulA55a551n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rhondda, Wales
Age: 40
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by capehorn View Post
57,140



Does anyone have any tips on how to use autofire in WinUAE and still be able to use your special weapon?


I wouldn't bother. I tried not using Auto fire to test the special weapon and found the special weapon not worth the bother


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S0ulA55a551n is offline  
Old 20 February 2017, 23:58   #43
john4p
Registered User
john4p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,037
Yeah the special weapon is useless. But you can just assign one button to single fire and another to autofire if you want to have both.

Note this existed for real Amigas as well. I had a Competition Pro stick that had normal single fire buttons and little triangular shaped rapid fire buttons.
john4p is offline  
Old 22 February 2017, 08:27   #44
Graham Humphrey
Moderator
Graham Humphrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Age: 30
Posts: 10,932
Small improvement that doesn't really gain me anything but at least I got further. Losing a couple of silly lives a bit earlier cost me in the end, though.



65,180
Graham Humphrey is offline  
Old 22 February 2017, 09:11   #45
S0ulA55a551n
Registered User
S0ulA55a551n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rhondda, Wales
Age: 40
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Small improvement that doesn't really gain me anything but at least I got further. Losing a couple of silly lives a bit earlier cost me in the end, though.



65,180


Nobody wants to seem to answer he question. When you play. Level 1-1 does everything fire Bullets at you. I mean everything ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S0ulA55a551n is offline  
Old 22 February 2017, 09:16   #46
mihcael
Zone Friend
mihcael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aussie
Posts: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ulA55a551n View Post
Nobody wants to seem to answer he question. When you play. Level 1-1 does everything fire Bullets at you. I mean everything ?
This is not the case when I play, I tried the ADF versions and that did appear to have more bullets.

Are what version are you playing?
mihcael is offline  
Old 22 February 2017, 09:18   #47
S0ulA55a551n
Registered User
S0ulA55a551n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rhondda, Wales
Age: 40
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihcael View Post
This is not the case when I play, I tried the ADF versions and that did appear to have more bullets.



Are what version are you playing?


Whdload standalone seems to have loads. Whdload from QuickStart a4000 in fs-UAE not many.

Just worried that my attemts are not valid. Will try and take a screenshot what I mean tongiht


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S0ulA55a551n is offline  
Old 22 February 2017, 19:15   #48
Graham Humphrey
Moderator
Graham Humphrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Age: 30
Posts: 10,932
I didn't answer that particular question because at the moment I don't know the answer. Nobody's attempts are invalid though, if there's a difference (which it looks like there is) then nobody was aware of it. My own guess at this point is a difference not between the ADF and WHD versions per se, but between the versions marked Kaiko and A.U.D.I.O.S. on the title screen (I just happened to have linked to two different versions without really thinking about it).
Graham Humphrey is offline  
Old 22 February 2017, 21:22   #49
lifeschool
Vroom World Champion!

lifeschool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lancashire, UK
Age: 41
Posts: 932
I've just had another go, this time with the Kaiko version, but I cant decide if it has less bullets. Maybe it does but I cant say for sure. I used the Audios version to post my score earlier, but maybe john4p will be able to tell if they are identical.
lifeschool is offline  
Old 23 February 2017, 16:21   #50
john4p
Registered User
john4p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,037
Tried both WHDLoad-versions ApidyaAudios and ApidyaKaiko. The gameplay is 100% identical. Only the logo is different. Decided to use the Kaiko-version because that's what my floppy version had 25 years ago.

But the system used does make a difference:
- with 68020 cycle-exact I get slowdowns in the sewers and techno-level and the bee sometimes disappears on the upper part in the sewers
- 68020 fastest possible, immediate blitter, no JIT: immediate blitter fixes the problem with the disappearing bee, but in level 4 the cannons almost never shoot at you!
- 68020 fastest possible with JIT: everything works perfect, never any slowdown

So I only use 68020 with JIT. The only thing that works better without JIT is the points counter after finishing a level: it counts more smoothly without JIT. Probably with JIT the emulated system is so fast that it increments the points counter too fast causing it to not look as smooth.

Here's my final go for this round (select 720p50 for 50fps):

[ Show youtube player ]

260,733

Everything shoots at you like it's supposed to (you can use this for reference, SoulAssassin).
john4p is offline  
Old 23 February 2017, 20:01   #51
linesmachine
Registered User
linesmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oxfordia
Posts: 81
I've used both versions and, like John4p says, as far as I can see they are identical.
linesmachine is offline  
Old 23 February 2017, 20:29   #52
S0ulA55a551n
Registered User
S0ulA55a551n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rhondda, Wales
Age: 40
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4p View Post
Tried both WHDLoad-versions ApidyaAudios and ApidyaKaiko. The gameplay is 100% identical. Only the logo is different. Decided to use the Kaiko-version because that's what my floppy version had 25 years ago.

But the system used does make a difference:
- with 68020 cycle-exact I get slowdowns in the sewers and techno-level and the bee sometimes disappears on the upper part in the sewers
- 68020 fastest possible, immediate blitter, no JIT: immediate blitter fixes the problem with the disappearing bee, but in level 4 the cannons almost never shoot at you!
- 68020 fastest possible with JIT: everything works perfect, never any slowdown

So I only use 68020 with JIT. The only thing that works better without JIT is the points counter after finishing a level: it counts more smoothly without JIT. Probably with JIT the emulated system is so fast that it increments the points counter too fast causing it to not look as smooth.

Here's my final go for this round (select 720p50 for 50fps):

[ Show youtube player ]

260,733

Everything shoots at you like it's supposed to (you can use this for reference, SoulAssassin).


Does fs-UAE have ability to record video. It's not a diff version game issue but setup. Will do a video later or Tomoz



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S0ulA55a551n is offline  
Old 23 February 2017, 20:45   #53
john4p
Registered User
john4p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,037
Don't know about FS-UAE, but WinUAE does. You could use an external tool like Bandicam to record FS-UAE gameplay though.
john4p is offline  
Old 23 February 2017, 23:47   #54
capehorn
Registered User
capehorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Age: 33
Posts: 1,245
One mistake and it was over. The coke can face boss apparently hit me with one of it's bullets and with a depleted weapon, I couldn't reach it again.

79,580

Last edited by capehorn; 19 May 2017 at 00:36.
capehorn is offline  
Old 24 February 2017, 00:52   #55
capehorn
Registered User
capehorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Age: 33
Posts: 1,245
97,040
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Apidya_Disk1_006.png
Views:	21
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	52178  
capehorn is offline  
Old 25 February 2017, 10:45   #56
Graham Humphrey
Moderator
Graham Humphrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Age: 30
Posts: 10,932
Last day of the round folks! If you haven't got a score in yet, make the most of this chance while you can.
Graham Humphrey is offline  
Old 25 February 2017, 12:08   #57
S0ulA55a551n
Registered User
S0ulA55a551n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rhondda, Wales
Age: 40
Posts: 468
Only a short video of this issue. Can record more and things do shoot at you just no where near the amount they seem to should

This is using the whdload version on a4000 quick start config on fs-uae on mac

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by S0ulA55a551n; 25 February 2017 at 12:13. Reason: removed link for now, need to edit some personal stuff off end of video lol
S0ulA55a551n is offline  
Old 25 February 2017, 12:14   #58
S0ulA55a551n
Registered User
S0ulA55a551n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rhondda, Wales
Age: 40
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4p View Post
Don't know about FS-UAE, but WinUAE does. You could use an external tool like Bandicam to record FS-UAE gameplay though.
Found that quicktime player has the ability to screen record
S0ulA55a551n is offline  
Old 25 February 2017, 12:28   #59
S0ulA55a551n
Registered User
S0ulA55a551n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rhondda, Wales
Age: 40
Posts: 468
Just had a quick go on just playing whdload from quickstart that has all the bullett the other video had, got nearly as far on my first go as score i posted.

So will record and play until got similar score sop have proof
S0ulA55a551n is offline  
Old 25 February 2017, 13:06   #60
john4p
Registered User
john4p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ulA55a551n View Post
Only a short video of this issue. Can record more and things do shoot at you just no where near the amount they seem to should

This is using the whdload version on a4000 quick start config on fs-uae on mac

[ Show youtube player ]
The bugs on the ground should shoot at you but don't. So A4000 quickstart config definitely is bad for this game.
john4p is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EAB/Lemon Super League 2017: Round 2 Game Vote Graham Humphrey EAB's competition 28 05 February 2017 01:10
EAB/Lemon Super League 2017: Round 1 - Rick Dangerous II Graham Humphrey EAB's competition 70 05 February 2017 01:06
EAB/Lemon Super League 2017: Round 1 Game Vote Graham Humphrey EAB's competition 18 15 January 2017 10:58
EAB/Lemon Super League 2017: Schedule and Changes Graham Humphrey EAB's competition 4 09 January 2017 13:25
EAB/Lemon Super League 2010: Round 1 - Apidya Graham Humphrey EAB's competition 85 13 December 2010 18:58

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.26403 seconds with 13 queries