English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 19 November 2010, 21:08   #381
DJCruicky
Gone, but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Thanks DJC

@DJC - Have you investigated our EAB Server yet...?
Thanks, I just had my first look now. I tried out the 3 versions of AlienFF that are there. I can confirm they are not the latest versions. I will try fix that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Done Also renamed the old one to reflect that it needs KS 2.x and includes the SpeedRacer FX demo.
I forgot to say SpeedRacerFX was never shareware, and has always been freeware. No need for the word demo. Thanks for uploading them

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
DJCruicky have you thought about porting to iOS? Be nice to see them on the iPhone.
I wish I had the know how, I would have done it years ago. I don't think they have BlitzBasic for iPhone .

@Anakirob;
thanks for the menu info.

DJCruicky
Old 19 November 2010, 21:14   #382
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCruicky View Post
I forgot to say SpeedRacerFX was never shareware, and has always been freeware. No need for the word demo. Thanks for uploading them
You're welcome and thanks for making them available So it's the full version then? Guess I have to give that a closer look then
Old 19 November 2010, 22:32   #383
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Alien Fish Finger is Solid Gold as far as Amiga Shareware games are concerned... I mean, we are talking serious top ten here.

Really need to speak to you at some stage DJC to get all the inside info how how your games were put together and which programs, art packages, samplers, etc.. you used for these classics - all to make the Hall of Light more entries more informative...

DJC - did you not follow a career in game programming?
Old 20 November 2010, 01:32   #384
Siggy999

Quote:

I wish I had the know how, I would have done it years ago. I don't think they have BlitzBasic for iPhone .
Mark Sibly went on to write a series of Blitz languages for the PC. The last one, BlitzMax, compiles to PC, Mac OSX and Linux, and with an additional library, Iphone.
Old 20 November 2010, 06:29   #385
MethodGit

Quote:
Hi MethodGit, Yes I found that too. I was just about post about it, I spotted that last night about the A500/600 not working. When I updated the game this past week, I re-compiled it with the newer AmiBlitz3, unknown to me 500/600 support is broke in that for many of the commands I programmed the game with. Good news is I still have the older Blitz 2 and can confirm it will work again, for 500/600 Amigas. I'll fix and update the link with a new download. I will post back when ready. Hopefully I'll not add more bugs to the game in doing so . "If it ain't broke don't fix it"
I think I'll split the 2 games up onto 2 different discs too, as I can not figure out how to make a loading menu that also works on a Amiga 500 1.3.
(I never knew how to do that 15 years ago let alone now ). Probably better on 2 discs any way.
Thanks all again for nice comments.
DJCruicky
Thanks for the quick update, amigo! Duly appreciated.

As for making loader menus, do you mean like the relatively simple one you made for the initial release with both games on? If so, just remember that 1.3 expects you to use the "cd" command to switch directories and "execute" to, well, execute scripts like the numbered ones you had. (If you do resort to execute, may I recommend assigning T: to RAM:T (or simply just RAM: ) so that the disk isn't modified everytime a script is run. )
Old 20 November 2010, 09:27   #386
Anakirob
Unregistered User

I notice someone on the EAB admin has created the thread
project.Missing Full Shareware Games, which currently has nothing in it. Might I suggest that future Skull Army Software news be placed there? Thanks.
Old 20 November 2010, 09:52   #387
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Skull Army Software isn't missing any more - so I think we'll still keep news of it here as part of my thread if the mods are OK with that.
Old 20 November 2010, 10:44   #388
Graham Humphrey

Well that new sub-forum was kept rather quiet!

I assume Peter that you want this thread kept here, rather than moved? I'm not that bothered either way but if there's any other threads requesting specific missing shareware games then I guess I should move them.
Old 20 November 2010, 10:55   #389
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just moved the Dark Angel thread there, so that it's not that empty anymore If you have a thread that should be moved from 'request.Old Rare Games' to the new forum, send me a PM.
Old 20 November 2010, 10:57   #390
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Hi GH & TCD, yes, I think I would prefer to keep my stuff here - this thread aims to encourage all forum members to share games from their own collections and also to join in the hunt for any missing games - it was never supposed to be just a list of missing games or a place to request missing games either so I would prefer it if things just remain as they were in this thread.

I agree with you though - the other thread would be a good place to centralise all the other "Missing Game" and "Game Request" threads.
Old 20 November 2010, 11:08   #391
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Quote:
As for your problem with the music. I think I too had problems also when I bought a 030 for my A1200 15 years a go. Not sure I ever found a fix. The music plays, but it seems to miss notes out. Is this the same for you?
I had hoped recompiling my source code with the new AmiBlitz3 would have fixed the sound bugs, but I guess not. Hard to test as it all works fine with my PC Emulator. Are you loading the game through Workbench? Try this, open a Shell, and Enter 'CPU NoBurst', then run the game. Out of interest, was the speed of the game OK too?. ie does it look like my You-tube vid.
Disabling burst mode made no difference for me, but "CPU NoCache" fixes everything. Well actually I use the rather excellent TUDE, but it still achieves the same end.

Occasionally some samples are cut short for no apparent reason, but it's listenable now.

I did have problems with the speed, but disabling CPU caches fixed that problem also.
Old 17 December 2010, 03:44   #392
DJCruicky
Gone, but not forgotten

Wired Chaos

Hi all, I’m back with another old shareware game of mine called ‘WIRED CHAOS’. Again this is the FULL enhanced version of the game.

It’s a fun little 2 to 6 player Light-Cycles/Snake type game. The object of the game is to try and survive longer then your completion.
There is no single player option but there is a practice mode that allows you to get used to the controls, practice maze races, and get accustomed to what the power pill special power’s do until your mates come to play.
Click image for larger version

Name:	WiredChaos2.png
Views:	219
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	27363Click image for larger version

Name:	WiredChaos1.png
Views:	212
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	27364
This game did very well in magazine reviews back in its day collecting, not just one but two, ‘Game of the Month’ awards for best PD, which was a huge achievement. Even more for the fact on the same review pages there were big known titles like ‘Deluxe Galaga II’ and ‘Black Dawn II’ that did not get same titles.

It gets better...
Just for you, not only is this the enhanced version, but over this last month I’ve been updating it, polishing it, and made it even better. You can say it’s the enhanced version of the enhanced version . Check out below what I added or updated;-

Change log New for 2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
V.1.81 - December 2010
  • Changed licence from shareware to freeware.
  • Added a brand new Maze level.
  • Added a brand new power pill ability called ‘Out-of-Phase’. A power that lets you temporarily pass through your own, and other peoples, light beams (tails).
  • Added 7 brand new sound FX’s, most of which used on power pills.
  • Added new menu option. You can now have up to 5 power pills on screen at any one time. Before it was only 1.
  • Power pills are now easier to pickup. You don’t have to be pixel perfect to collect them.
  • Changed ‘Wall Hogs’ (CPU controlled light beams) to 100 pixels in length. Before their light beams would just forever grow, and would fill up the game grid making it impossible to play.
  • Added moving dots to walls of Maze levels, to add that electric look to the graphics.
  • A player can now finish a Maze level even if all other players have crashed out to then go on to win 2 points instead of just the 1.
  • Made minor changes to Maze levels to make them less impossible to finish.
  • You can now set menu options with the cursor keys, and start the game with the space bar. Before you could only set options with the joystick.
  • At the end of each round I added a pulsating circle round the winner to highlight their glory.
  • If you are playing on a PC emulator you will find that on a PC keyboard the Shift and the Ctrl keys are reversed. I had used Ctrl and Shift for Up and Down for Player 3. Because of this I’ve now made it so you can reverse them. To do this highlight player 3 and move controller once to the right to switch the player on, then a 2nd time to reverse the keys. I know you can no doubt reverse them in the emulator, but this saves you the bother.
  • You can now pause the game with Spacebar, or joystick fire buttons.
  • Plus many other small tweaks and bug fixes.

Known bugs
~~~~~~~
  • player using the number keyboard must not use more than one key at any one time, otherwise other players might get keyboard clash.
  • On some hi-spec Amiga’s there could be problems with the sound. If you get crackly or broken sounds then disable CPU caches before running the game should hopefully fix the issue. No need to do on standard 500/600/1200 Amigas.

All the above updates were done using WinUAE Amiga emulator on the PC. Without this, this update would not have been possible. A big thank you to the WinUAE team for making it possible.

Hopefully there are still players out there that still want to play this game. It’s been my own self-satisfaction to make it the best it can be.
I hope you all enjoy. Happy Christmas

DJC
https://www..com/file/8vev6fhkst6uxa...%2529.zip/file
Download here

Last edited by DJCruicky; 14 January 2023 at 17:24.
Old 17 December 2010, 06:51   #393
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Nice one DJCruicky Thanks a lot for updating and sharing your Shareware games Moved to the file server as well.
Old 17 December 2010, 08:51   #394
Graham Humphrey

Nice! Another little gem I'll have to check out over Christmas - thanks!
Old 17 December 2010, 11:20   #395
Asman

@DJCruicky - About Known bugs. Did you use PORTS int to handling keyboard events ?
Old 17 December 2010, 12:42   #396
Peter
Still an Amiga user

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

This is amazing - first I buy new hardware for my Amiga A600 then I download new games from EAB uploaded by game creators from the original Amiga era....(Swoon.... this is all to much for me...)

Xmas is cancelled - I have too many games to play...!!!!
Old 17 December 2010, 13:49   #397
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I remember very well the advert in Alien Fish Finger - there are two high piles, carrying billboards with signs WIRED CHAOS and HYDRO ZONE. I am glad that we now have both these titles and thank you David, Alien Fish Finger is one of my most beloved games.
Old 22 December 2010, 01:53   #398
DJCruicky
Gone, but not forgotten

Thank you all, you are welcome.
It's been a bit of a nostalgic week, first me releasing my Tron game, then going to watch the new Tron movie. Wow what a really cool movie that was. Very cool old school sound track too. It was really nice of Hollywood making a film based on my game, cheers for that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asman View Post
@DJCruicky - About Known bugs. Did you use PORTS int to handling keyboard events ?
Erm, game was made with BlitzBasic so not sure what that command is. I did use raw codes if that makes any sense. I don't think it was that much of a problem to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
.......Xmas is cancelled - I have too many games to play...!!!!
lol, I'll tell Santa not to come to your house this Christmas then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
I remember very well the advert in Alien Fish Finger - there are two high piles, carrying billboards with signs WIRED CHAOS and HYDRO ZONE. I am glad that we now have both these titles and thank you David, Alien Fish Finger is one of my most beloved games.
Good spotted, on level 4 I believe.
I'll be looking at that game over Christmas with the plan to make available for all.

DJ Cruicky
Old 31 December 2010, 12:39   #399
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Just a quick "Thank You!!" to CodyJarrett for uploading what have to be some of the best Screen Shots ever on Hall of Light for the game "Beetle"

Check Beetle on HOL here...
http://hol.abime.net/5850/screenshot

Thanks go again to roberthazelby for uploading the full version of this great game!!

Cheers guys!!

Lets hope can we un-earth some more full versions of great Amiga Shareware Games in 2011
Old 07 January 2011, 01:19   #400
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

A couple of EAB regulars and I played Wired Chaos at an amiga club meeting last night and it was great, a real hidden gem. I sucked at it but very fun and the powerups were very cool.
I had a set of stereo speakers set up and loved the way each players sound would come out of each channel respectively.

Thank you for this and the other shareware games you are sharing with the community here. Awesome stuff.