English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 21 March 2018, 14:27   #121
Djole501

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
I already have all of this, including a version of PCx that is Vampire specific. But I have to say I am extremely ticked to find that my software has been illegally placed in an archive provided by the Apollo team - ESPECIALLY because the cracked version is broken and could potentially make my product look bad.

So, at this point I am not too thrilled with even supporting the Vampire.

The Replay2 and 68060 daughter board will be released shortly, and there is an all new open source super fast (ala Vampire core) 68040 CPU/MMU/FPU core being worked on by a group of guys that will be able to run on Replay2's new big FPGA. I will definitely have support for the Replay options.
I am sure if you post your request on the right (Apollo) forum they will remove it... Better yet, if you can provide a demo version in place it could generate you some paying customers.
Old 22 March 2018, 19:32   #122
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djole501 View Post
Cool!
Updated mine Coffin AFA_OS so you can work with AmigaAMP Skin, Aplifer Skin, AmiModRadio, ModExplorer, updated also AHI + uae.audio e installed AISS

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 23 March 2018 at 23:23.
Old 22 March 2018, 19:38   #123
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Updated mine Coffin AFA_OS so you can work with AmigaAMP Skin, Aplifer Skin, AmiModRadio, ModExplorer, updated also AHI + uae.audio e installed AISS

Nice!
Old 23 March 2018, 11:24   #124
Crom

Quote:
So, at this point I am not too thrilled with even supporting the Vampire.
Darn that's too bad, well time heals all wounds and there are some enthusiastic Vampire users that would enjoy a new Fusion today. Good luck with your FPGA arcade stuff. I was so into that back in the day but never got a chance to own one.

Cheers!
Old 23 March 2018, 12:48   #125
Sinphaltimus

*sigh* - This software in Coffin OS thing is being handled by all parties involved one way or the other - would be nice to get folks to *STOP* commenting on it here.
Old 23 March 2018, 17:57   #126
JimDrew

I was told that FUSION, PCx, and other software that is copyrighted by myself has been removed from the coffin release. I am going to get the latest version to confirm this.
Old 23 March 2018, 19:35   #127
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
I was told that FUSION, PCx, and other software that is copyrighted by myself has been removed from the coffin release. I am going to get the latest version to confirm this.

Jim,

I know this is important to you. But you dropped your concerns in an unrelated, unhelpful Topic I started for the purpose of getting user feedback about the Vampire Boards from other users such as myself.

I sincerely hope you get this sorted out. If you must, please start your own topic on the issue.

You've effectively hijacked my topic and I've already stated twice that I wish you hadn't. so I'm respectfully asking you to let this topic return to being on topic please.

thank you.
Old 23 March 2018, 20:42   #128
JimDrew

Considering that the creators of the Vampire2+ are the party who has committed the copyright infringement, AND the thread topic is "Vampire V2+ user feedback requested", AND I own several of these boards, I am giving my feedback and letting others know about the situation. There is no hijacking of your thread.
Old 23 March 2018, 20:54   #129
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Considering that the creators of the Vampire2+ are the party who has committed the copyright infringement, AND the thread topic is "Vampire V2+ user feedback requested", AND I own several of these boards, I am giving my feedback and letting others know about the situation. There is no hijacking of your thread.
You came in here looking to put someone's head on a pike. You made your point about your software and your lawyers. We don't need updates. The removal of your software from Coffin OS won't have much of an impact on anyone. Good luck with your sales.
Old 23 March 2018, 22:23   #130
gulliver
BoingBagged

Well, he is entitled to do that, after all, it is his work, and he decides what to do with it. And even more than that, he has the law to back him up.

You should reconsider your stance. It is not a good way to treat someone that feels harmed by the actions of the Team, even more when he has contributed in the past.

But of course, it is a free world and as such, you are free to choose your own path.
Old 23 March 2018, 22:57   #131
Lemaru

Quote:
As has been stated a few times, the "creaters" of the Vampire, being Majsta, has nothing to do with ApolloOS/Coffin at all.

As for the Apollo Team, well they are not the creaters of the Vampire. Also Gunnar is not responsible for ApolloOS/Coffin.

You need to aim your concerns in the right direction. It has never been hosted or distributed via the Apollo Team website (as you stated previously), and was distributed via a torrent file on a Weebly hosted website. This torrent appears to have now been taken down, I assume for the software to be removed and a new version released.

It would probably of helped had you blamed the correct people and raised it to those actually responsible

I don't actually use ApolloOS and rather build my own setup, however I also don't like to see people blamed incorrectly for others actions which wrongly gives people a bad name.
Old 23 March 2018, 23:39   #132
JimDrew

In the U.S. *anyone* that has provided files, links to files, or openly supports the blatant copyright infringements are responsible - period. There is plenty of case law in the U.S. where providing/supporting torrents has resulted in copyright infringement judgements. To say that someone is not responsible when clearly there is a link to infringing material on a website that they own, and they are recommending the use in their forums, is ridiculous and shows your lack of understanding the laws in the U.S. (and other countries). I have acquired hundreds of posts from Apollo team members, hardware creators, and members of the general public, that have been sent to me. This is how I found out about the issue. So, before you *think* you know who has done what, you probably need to do some research. I certainly didn't expect this, but someone got fed up and sent me a ton of data. It just has to stop. Enough said.
Old 23 March 2018, 23:47   #133
Sinphaltimus

I have nothing to do with this and that is my only point but the topic keeps getting dragged in that direction. His software does not exist in my system and that's the best I can do for Jim. Period. I'll just go and ignore my own topic from now on because it doesn't seem there is anyway to save it. Geeze.

Thanks Jim. Class act.
Old 24 March 2018, 02:12   #134
Lemaru

Yeah, I'm out too. I don't get the US laws as I don't live their so why should I? There has also been talk of ApolloOS on this forum, does this mean they are in breach too?

Simple solution... make your software available. Though if you are to make it available for free anyway then the whole situation seems a bit blown out of proportion. It's being removed. Problem solved. Most people will rather use a free, or open source, or legal version of software but when it's old and no longer available then it's obvious people will just obtain it elsewhere.

I for one don't use ApolloOS anyway and certainly won't use your software. Good luck with it anyway