English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 12 September 2007, 08:21   #1
Creek

Multiple floppy games and GameBase

I'm fairly new to GameBase, and even though I usually have no problems with setting up frontend's and emulators, there's one thing about GameBase, that I just can't seem to figure out.

Games on a single floppy runs fine, but games like Sensible Soccer (2 floppies) doesn't. It just doesn't mount more than disk 1. I noticed the ADD_CLP, which should mount floppies from floppy0-4 and to the diskswapper, but GameBase only unzip's disk 1 to the ReZip folder.

What am I missing? I've been searching everywhere for a solution, and used several hours playing around with the GEMUS and configs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 12 September 2007, 13:26   #2
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Well that tells me the problem straight away, GameBase shouldn't be doing any unzipping at all!

WinUAE reads zips perfectly fine so using GB to unzip them is a very very bad idea.

Have you got game re-zipping ticked under Tools > Options > Games/Pictures by any chance? It's the only reason I can think why GB would be unzipping them so make sure it's not ticked.
Old 12 September 2007, 16:09   #3
Creek

Hmm.. peculiar. It's unchecked. If I check it, it does the exact same thing, without deleting the zip again.

I just figured since it unzipped the file as standard, that it was supposed to do that.

You know what.. as I'm writing this, I figured I'd try putting "zip" in "native file type". That did the trick, except that it only activates floppy0, but that should be easier to figure out.

I thank you good sir.