English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 10 December 2002, 01:23   #21
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Im back guys!

check this site I knocked up with that drives info on:
http://www.puremiggy.eurobell.co.uk

This should help a bit.... but sadly its not the same as the Sony drive! I remember trying with a couple of recent sony units and got nowhere! Even newer sony's that have been made seem to have no jumpers on? I bought two for a couple of pc's i built and they were different.

Last edited by ElectroBlaster; 10 December 2002 at 01:32.
Old 10 December 2002, 01:44   #22
oldpx

This drive's jumpers look different than mine

But now I know what to do when I get a mitsubishi drive

Old 10 December 2002, 21:31   #23
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

@Burseg:
Maybe there is some letter written besides the jumpers ? Check the board of the drive on both sides.
There should be jumpers for DS0/DS1/DS2/DS3 or at least for DS0/DS1. This one has to be set to DS0 if the drive should work as an Amiga internal one. Some drives also have a small switch for this.
Another important jumper is the DC/RD jumper. I think it swaps line 2 and 34 on the 34-pin connector. It has to be set to RD, and then you have to hope that the drive's ready signal is good enough for the Amiga or something like that.

Good Luck !

ps: another drive I always take with me on fleamarkets etc. when I see one is the Chinon FZ-357, which was built into some older PCs and is also fullly working in the Amiga after resetting the jumpers ! It has the big advantage that also the button does fit rather good compared to other drives
Old 10 December 2002, 23:21   #24
oldpx

There aren't such things written on the board. It's probably possible to modify this drive but there just too many possibilities with jumpers that look like that. But then again, thank you.