English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 21 November 2015, 20:10   #1
TenLeftFingers

Wanted: Working A1200 motherboard

Since they seem to get sold within hours of surfacing ( http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...Cf2ide-adapter ) I'm trying here and will take the first offer of a working board at a reasonable price.
Old 22 November 2015, 09:37   #2
amigasith

Hi - although I personally would try a repair first you can get a Rev 2B from airey36 if you hurry up: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amiga-1200-R...item4886418ac6

85 GBP is a bit pricy in my opinion, but Amiga prices have gone insane the last couple of months anyway... Not sure if you can get one cheaper anywhere else.
Old 22 November 2015, 12:00   #3
TenLeftFingers

Thanks AmigaSith, maybe he/she will accept an offer I assume getting mine repaired will cost as much as that anyway except for in the end it mightn't be repairable. This way there will be no disappointment - I hope! I will still get the other board repaired as a backup - or sell it as is to those who buy faulty boards.
Old 26 November 2015, 22:05   #4
TenLeftFingers

Hi amigasith, it arrived today - cheers for the tip, I hadn't found it myself

It's eliminated some of the problems I was having. The rest I've continued in a thread here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=80362

Much obliged!
Old 28 November 2015, 09:14   #5
amigasith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenLeftFingers View Post
Hi amigasith, it arrived today - cheers for the tip, I hadn't found it myself

It's eliminated some of the problems I was having. The rest I've continued in a thread here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=80362

Much obliged!
Sure, this is what this forum is all about
Old 24 June 2017, 14:39   #6
TenLeftFingers

I should probably update this thread for anyone else who might venture into airey36 territory without knowing the kind of seller he is.

I bought a board from him and took him at his word that it was tested and working. So I took my time getting around to putting it in my Amiga since I had a lot on. Long story short, he had not tested it properly and after trying several known working floppy drives and buying a new one, I told him I wanted to return it.

He agreed to relist it so I returned it. At this point, it was supremely difficult to get him to respond to my emails and over months there was no sign of it being listed. He has told me that he can't get other drives to work on it either except for the one he tested on which was not a common drive type in Amigas.

To this day, he has the motherboard and my money. He has not listed the board as he is "busy with his own items" and he continues to ignore my emails save about two replies I received over a period of about ten months.

After the ordeal, I left it to one side. But I know people buying at the moment and have heard some unfortunate stories so I thought I should warn people.
Old 24 June 2017, 17:01   #7
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenLeftFingers View Post
I should probably update this thread for anyone else who might venture into airey36 territory without knowing the kind of seller he is.

I bought a board from him and took him at his word that it was tested and working. So I took my time getting around to putting it in my Amiga since I had a lot on. Long story short, he had not tested it properly and after trying several known working floppy drives and buying a new one, I told him I wanted to return it.

He agreed to relist it so I returned it. At this point, it was supremely difficult to get him to respond to my emails and over months there was no sign of it being listed. He has told me that he can't get other drives to work on it either except for the one he tested on which was not a common drive type in Amigas.

To this day, he has the motherboard and my money. He has not listed the board as he is "busy with his own items" and he continues to ignore my emails save about two replies I received over a period of about ten months.

After the ordeal, I left it to one side. But I know people buying at the moment and have heard some unfortunate stories so I thought I should warn people.
As a matter of interest, what method of payment did you use/make to the guy for the A1200 motherboard?

Last edited by Kin Hell; 24 June 2017 at 17:01. Reason: Typo
Old 24 June 2017, 17:30   #8
TenLeftFingers

Credit card. But by the time it emerged he hadn't tested it properly it was too late. I had been working on trying different drives and workarounds (all the while telling him of my difficulties with the board). It was too late for VISA at that stage. I think 90 days is the limit.
Old 24 June 2017, 21:08   #9
amigasith

Hmm... I am really sorry that you had so much trouble, TenLeftFingers, and I apologize for recommending airey36 in this particular case. I for myself have bought quite a couple of items from him - including 2 x A1200 boards - and never had any single issue. Dunno why he acted like this, at least for me he was always a nice chap to deal with.
Old 25 June 2017, 09:50   #10
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

@ TLF

That's such a shame fella.
Old 25 June 2017, 12:07   #11
TenLeftFingers

Thanks guys. amigasith, I really appreciate your help on this thread. He had a good seller rating (which maybe gives a bit of leeway for shafting a buyer when it suits).
Old 09 July 2017, 04:39   #12
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Yeah, airey sent me an a500 once. But the a520 adaptor was missing. It was poorly packaged and thus came with many cracks in the case. I messaged him. He apologised but nothing else. Oh well.
Old 19 July 2017, 17:43   #13
brett71

A few years back, I bought a few items from airey36 (a couple of A500 Rev 6 motherboards, A500 case, etc.) and everything I received was as advertised and functional. Not sure what's happened with him since then, though.