English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 18 December 2013, 10:31   #201
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

That's rare. Please download it on the Pc, extract it with WinRAR and now try it again. You'll see it works perfectly.

I've always made it this way, but now to try I've downloaded it with IBrowse and although the files seem the same, the installer won't use the UnLZX it has included, but will try to use the unpacker AmiKit has, that's why it doesn't understand -o.

Edit: It won't use UnLZX because somehow downloading it the "Executable" option of it's Information is unticked (you can view the files by name, right click over UnLZX and click on "Information", then tick Executable as enabled if it isn't). This doesn't happen using WinRAR.

Edit: The problem isn't IBrowse, but the following: I've tried opening "Downloads" seeing it by lister, and then I've moved the zip file to another drawer seeing it also by lister, then Magellan unpacks it, but with the wrong "Executable" option.

If you use UnArc on the miggy it will work perfectly too, as it preserves the attributes.

So you can use WinRAR on the Pc or UnArc on the Amiga to unpack the zip file with the Update.

Last edited by Retrofan; 19 December 2013 at 03:40.
Old 18 December 2013, 20:50   #202
ma693541
Computer Wizard

Exclamation Sorry Retrofan and other's for my Bug Report.

AmiKit for Real Amiga work's fine both in WinUAE and on a Amiga.
Here's a private conversation between me and Retrofan, clearing up thing's i have done wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma693541
I have read your reply. I use Firefox on my Peze to download things. Used Total Commander to unzip the archive directly to the SYS: partition of AmiKit Real. Runned the installer script again, got some question i answered on and the script worked well after that.

Time to read the docs better

Everything works now.
Retrofan hasn't given you permission to post his Private Messages, and we have been requested to remove them. DH

Last edited by DH; 18 December 2013 at 21:58.
Old 19 December 2013, 01:19   #203
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks again ma693541 for sharing here you've got it working without problems

I think I must put here the readme of the Mattahan's Icon Set too:

"AmiKit Real Mattahan's Icons Set. Retrofan December 2013.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a Plug-in for the AmiKit Real version from update 05 on. The installer script will let you install a new set of icons using Mattahan's ones (the Png's) and modded to have a yellow border when the icons are selected. The Dual PNG change was made using the ImageConverter program by Thilo Köhler.

You must know that it doesn't exist a kit of Mattahan icons for the Amiga, so I've used the png images I think best suit the Amiga icons, and in some cases I've combined them with other icons to fit the Amiga programs. I haven't changed all of the icons -MorpheuZ, WookieChat and others- as they are very particular.

You will notice the size of the icons needs a wide screen, so at least an Screen mode 800x600 like SuperPlus is recommended, and also they will look much better using enough colors. 256 of course is the best for them, so I would recommend to try this Plug-in first on WinUAE.

The installer will let you install them or also recover again the original ones. Note that every change takes around 20 minutes (WinUAE) or more.

During the install you can select what TinyMeter Setup you preffer, between "With CPU", "Without CPU", and "Magellan Bar", and with this last you will have to indicate what screen mode you are using: PalHighResLaced/Other, SuperPlus or HighGFX.

You can select also between the Full bar or just the Start Menu. Selecting the Full bar, if you use a different screen mode or you have another Overscan, then you will have to manually adjust the position of the bar to your screen. For that you must open AmiKit:Prefs/TinyMeter, click on "Window" and then select as "Window Size" your Screen Width (open AmiKit:Prefs/Screenmode and look which is it), and as "Window Position" 0 and the height you are using (on Screenmode prefs too). Also you should in that case change and save (Save Layout) the position of the Start Menu.

If you are using AmiDock (on WBStartup) you can select the icons you don't want on screen with a right click and select "Put Away" on the options.

Now I'm also introducing two more Start Menus. To try any you better close the existing (right click on it's left and close), and then right click on screen, "Buttons", "Load Start Menu", and you'll find two new: MagellanBar_Top_Mattahan and MagellanBar_Top_Mattahan256C. Double click on the first for 16 colors screens and if you want it to stay later make a right click on screen, Settings, Save Layout. The second Start Menu uses 256 colors, so you can try it if you use that amount of colors.

Perhaps you don't see the menu now...lol. It's up, on the title bar, just click on it and the menu will appear.

Many thanks to Mattahan for giving his permission to use his png icons, and also to JKSKetchy and to BlackCatLove1 for giving the permission to use his wonderful Black Cat as icon for the AmiKit volume.

Cheers,
Retrofan"

Well, as you know the result will be like this if you use also the Unofficial RTG add-on:

Last edited by Retrofan; 19 December 2013 at 01:40.
Old 22 December 2013, 12:07   #204
JohnFante

Thank you!

I have a A4000D with CSPPC with 060 on it.

I installed OS3.9 + BB1 and BB2 on DH2 (I have OS4.1 classic on DH0) named AmiKit. No graphics drivers (I normally use a Radeon) and no CD (installed afterwards).

I installed AmiKit and everyting went fine.

Powered off and booted up and got this error:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/139090/error.JPG

There are 040 and 060 libs present so it is not that.

Any suggestions?
Old 22 December 2013, 13:30   #205
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Puff. Dunno. Delete the 040 libraries; in theory there only must be the one you are using.
Also if it doesn't work with your libraries you can try with MorpheuZ, Preferences, CPU libraries and select there the ones for 060. If you can't run it on WinUAE neither, you can copy them from the MMULib program in AmiKit:Utilities/Expansion.

You should also change Copymem on the s-s. If you are using a 060 you should change it to 060, read the instructions of the 05 update -post 199 here- about that. You can also try disabling Copymem from the s-s.

Last edited by Retrofan; 26 January 2014 at 23:37.
Old 18 January 2014, 15:16   #206
don27dog

I had some time last night and broke down and did a fresh install of 3.1 then 3.9 and installed Amikit. Went very smooth. Two glitches I had was I didn't rename System AMIKIT so I kept getting requesters to install volume Amikit. I booted off my 3.1 floppy and renamed System Amikit and everything booted just fine. The 2nd glitch was I didn't set screen mode after installing 3.9 and when amikit booted the 1st time everything was out of whack with the screen set at 1024X200 it was a little bit of a pain to change it but I eventually got it to 1024X 768 and it looks great. I will play around and tweak some more this morning but GREAT JOB and thanks for putting the work into this!!!
Old 18 January 2014, 23:29   #207
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, renaming it AmiKit has been repeated on this thread several times, but it isn't on the web. I will tell Jan of AmiKit to add it and will write on the instructions.

Very glad you liked it it runs faster on each update. Now I'm working on the 06 where I want to add ToolsDaemon to Workbench, and it makes things easier if you use it, having more options in the menu.

What accelerator do you use?

Last edited by Retrofan; 26 January 2014 at 23:38.
Old 19 January 2014, 00:13   #208
lukassid

she's so easy on the eye
Old 19 January 2014, 11:26   #209
JohnFante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Puff. Dunno. Delete the 040 libraries; in theory there only must be the one you are using.
Also if it doesn't work with your libraries you can try with MorpheuZ, Preferences, CPU libraries and select there the ones for 060. If you can't run it on WinUAE either, you can copy them from the MMULib program in AmiKit:Utilities/Expansion.

You should also change Copymem on the s-s. If you are using a 060 you should change it to 060, read the instructions of the 05 update -post 199 here- about that. You can also try disabling Copymem from the s-s.
Changing to the MMUlib librarys resulted in an another error instead:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/139090/error2.jpg

And if press retry it just repeats and with cancel (two times) it just hangs with a blank workbench screen.

More precisely I changed the 060 library (normally using Cosmos latest) with the MMUlib 060 and I did not touch the small fake 040 library.

I also changed the CopyMem to CopyMem060 but both that and CopyMem060.safe did not do any difference.

If I just copy my normal libs form my normal OS3.9 BB4 install it gives me the error from my first post.

Bit stuck here :-(. I think I will have to wail for the 06 release - unless someone with a CSPPC setup similar to mine can share some tips.

Great project none the less. :-)
Old 19 January 2014, 16:48   #210
slaapliedje

I must commend Retrofan for his taste in wallpapers, and for a sweet conversion. I have mine all working great now (though I haven't upgraded to BB4, I'm just at BB3).

Sadly, I was thinking of donating some cash to him as soon as I got my setup working how I wanted it, but then got laid off. Hoorah for my crap luck! I was also about to buy a FastATA MK IV, but they were out of stock. Then I got laid off. So there at least it was a little lucky.

So as soon as I get a job, I'll be donating some cash!

slaapliedje
Old 19 January 2014, 17:10   #211
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks Slaapliedje. If any wants to make any donation (0 by now) you should search for the right Donate icon, because if not you would be doing to the Pc version. This is the good one: http://real.amiga.sk/donations.htm

JohnFante PM on the way.
Old 19 January 2014, 17:12   #212
slaapliedje

For shame people, he brought Jessica Alba to your Amiga! Yeah, I'll be donating as soon as I land another position. I know it can't be easy to package all of this and try to get it to work on all the various pieces of hardware out there.

slaapliedje
Old 26 January 2014, 13:28   #213
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFante

Installing your version off BB3&4 first did the trick. It works :-)

I am having some problems with the screen resolutions however. The 640x512 WB (i think it is the default) fills more that the screen on my monitor. I use a Indivision AGA and I do not normally have that problem with AGA. When I choose 1024x768 it fits the screen but the system is very, very slow. Any idea how to fix that?

I will experiment a bit with RTG (mediator + Voodoo) and see what happens.

Thanks for a great project!

Very glad to hear it is working, John. A good small screenmode is CGXPal High Res Laced, 724x566, but the best is SuperPlus.

To use SuperPlus you should first install my config for the indi (install first the indi program from IC's web):
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=920520&postcount=97

Following the steps, but the most important at the end is to adjust the Overscan, that's why your screen 640x512 isn't right. The same would happen with the SuperPlus mode.

To install a graphic card is another hard step, and you first should disable CiberbugFixAga. You can see how I installed my version on WinUAE with RTG:

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=176

You can try first this install on WinUAE.

Last edited by Retrofan; 26 January 2014 at 14:05.
Old 27 January 2014, 11:58   #214
JohnFante

I think that I have found the reason behind my ENV: error.

I have a CSPPC. If I install WarpOS (to use the PPC - i had done that the first time I tried the normal (not BB3&4) AmiKit) I get this error when I reboot (I have done it a couple of times to be sure it is this):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/139090/error2.jpg

I have tried commenting out the lines between the ENV: assigns and the setpatch command but with no success so far.

Is there a conflict between AmiKit and WarpOS?

Any suggestions?

Last edited by JohnFante; 27 January 2014 at 12:24.
Old 27 January 2014, 13:27   #215
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

No, in fact it has WarpOS in the prefs that you can change. Do you have to install it again? Really I don't know about the WarpOS config, sorry.

But your pic shows it isn't finding ENV when it needs it, so make as I told you: put the line "C:Makedir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards RAM:ENV....." before in the s-s, and also the lines "C:Copy >NIL: ENVARC: RAM:ENV ALL NOREQ" and "Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:ENV " and try.

Edit: You could put them at the very beginning and it shoudn't complain about ENV. If you are using BB4:

Code:
; $VER: Startup-Sequence_AmiKit OS3.9 BB2
; Startup-Sequence for AmigaOS 3.9 + AmiKit (by Jan Zahurancik ©2005-2008)
; Modified to work with real Amiga by Retrofan

C:Safe RENRAM OWNOUT MOUNTSIZE=6684     ;Checks for viruses

C:morelibspace

C:MakeDir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards RAM:ENV RAM:ENV/Sys RAM:T/VC_TEMP
C:Copy >NIL: ENVARC: RAM:ENV ALL NOREQ
Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:ENV
;BB4
Version >NIL: exec.library 45 REVISION 20
IF WARN
FailAt 21
SYS:C/LoadResident >NIL: DEVS:card.resource DEVS:trackdisk.device L:KingCON-Handler
FailAt 20
EndIf
SYS:C/LoadModule >NIL: L:RAM-Handler DEVS:battmem.resource DEVS:FileSystem.resource DEVS:misc.resource DEVS:potgo.resource DEVS:scsi.device L:FastFileSystem L:Shell-Seg REVERSE NOREBOOT
SYS:C/SetPatch SKIPROMUPDATES console.device,ram-handler,FileSystem.resource,filesystem,scsi.device,shell QUIET
;End BB4 MOD
;BootScreen by Joseph Luk
BootScreen

run >NIL: C:Play16 Priority 1 SYS:Prefs/Presets/Sounds/Opening_Theme_A.aiff
;C:Wait 5

;C:PatchMSB              ;part of MathLibsUAE. If enabled, do NOT use other patches for IEEE-libraries!
C:CyReq
C:BlazeWCP

C:StackAttack 32768     ;adds stack size to selected value
C:PatchControl          ;part of MCP
TagLiFE               ;patches the utility.lirary
C:Version >NIL:
C:AddBuffers >NIL: DF0: 15
FailAt 21

;C:MakeDir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards RAM:ENV RAM:ENV/Sys RAM:T/VC_TEMP
;C:Copy >NIL: ENVARC: RAM:ENV ALL NOREQ

Resident >NIL: C:Assign PURE
Resident >NIL: C:Execute PURE

;Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:ENV
Assign >NIL: T: RAM:T
Assign >NIL: CLIPS: RAM:Clipboards
Assign >NIL: REXX: S:
Assign >NIL: PRINTERS: DEVS:Printers
Assign >NIL: KEYMAPS: DEVS:Keymaps
Assign >NIL: LOCALE: SYS:Locale
Assign >NIL: LIBS: SYS:Classes ADD
Assign >NIL: HELP: LOCALE:Help DEFER
Assign >NIL: L: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/SmartFileSystem/L ADD

Last edited by Retrofan; 27 January 2014 at 16:38.
Old 27 January 2014, 13:51   #216
JohnFante

Quote:
No, in fact it has WarpOS in the prefs that you can change. Do you have to install it again? Really I don't know about the WarpOS config, sorry.

But your pic shows it isn't finding ENV when it needs it, so make as I told you: put the line "C:Makedir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards RAM:ENV....." before in the s-s, and also the line "Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:ENV " and try.

Edit: You could put them at the very beginning and it shoudn't complain about ENV. If you are using BB4:

Code:
; $VER: Startup-Sequence_AmiKit OS3.9 BB2
; Startup-Sequence for AmigaOS 3.9 + AmiKit (by Jan Zahurancik ©2005-2008)
; Modified to work with real Amiga by Retrofan

;C:ACATune -maprom * -fastmem on -z2cache on -fastchip on -fastz2 on -burst on >NIL: ;For ACA1230/56 ACATune V1.7
C:Safe RENRAM OWNOUT MOUNTSIZE=6684     ;Checks for viruses

C:morelibspace

C:MakeDir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards RAM:ENV RAM:ENV/Sys RAM:T/VC_TEMP
Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:ENV
;BB4
Version >NIL: exec.library 45 REVISION 20
IF WARN
FailAt 21
SYS:C/LoadResident >NIL: DEVS:card.resource DEVS:trackdisk.device L:KingCON-Handler
FailAt 20
EndIf
SYS:C/LoadModule >NIL: L:RAM-Handler DEVS:battmem.resource DEVS:FileSystem.resource DEVS:misc.resource DEVS:potgo.resource DEVS:scsi.device L:FastFileSystem L:Shell-Seg REVERSE NOREBOOT
SYS:C/SetPatch SKIPROMUPDATES console.device,ram-handler,FileSystem.resource,filesystem,scsi.device,shell QUIET
;End BB4 MOD
;BootScreen by Joseph Luk
BootScreen

run >NIL: C:Play16 Priority 1 SYS:Prefs/Presets/Sounds/Opening_Theme_A.aiff
C:Wait 5

;C:PatchMSB              ;part of MathLibsUAE. If enabled, do NOT use other patches for IEEE-libraries!
C:CyReq
C:BlazeWCP

C:StackAttack 32768     ;adds stack size to selected value
C:PatchControl          ;part of MCP
TagLiFE               ;patches the utility.lirary
C:Version >NIL:
C:AddBuffers >NIL: DF0: 15
FailAt 21

;C:MakeDir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards RAM:ENV RAM:ENV/Sys RAM:T/VC_TEMP
C:Copy >NIL: ENVARC: RAM:ENV ALL NOREQ

Resident >NIL: C:Assign PURE
Resident >NIL: C:Execute PURE

;Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:ENV
Assign >NIL: T: RAM:T
Assign >NIL: CLIPS: RAM:Clipboards
Assign >NIL: REXX: S:
Assign >NIL: PRINTERS: DEVS:Printers
Assign >NIL: KEYMAPS: DEVS:Keymaps
Assign >NIL: LOCALE: SYS:Locale
Assign >NIL: LIBS: SYS:Classes ADD
Assign >NIL: HELP: LOCALE:Help DEFER
Assign >NIL: L: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/SmartFileSystem/L ADD
The WarpOS prefs is there by default in OS3.9. Also if there is no WarpOS installed. At least as far as i remember :-).

I will try moving "C:Makedir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards RAM:ENV....." etc.

Thank you!
Old 27 January 2014, 16:40   #217
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ok, but I forgot a line that I have edited.
Old 27 January 2014, 21:44   #218
JohnFante

Well I moved the three lines you suggested.

Now I do not get any errors but it stops booting when it displays the AmiKit boot screen. It just stays there. I can see the mouse arrow and move it but nothing happens.

Strange that everything worked until I installed WarpOS ...
Old 27 January 2014, 22:04   #219
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

What happens if you don't install WarpOS? The PPC has to work anyway, hasn't it? I didn't install WarpOS when I installed it on my BPPC/BVision, I just use the PowerUp kernel.

Perhaps you have to change the preferences of it when you install it.

Edit: If it stops with the picture it can be the picture datatype. I've read it needs an specific one. Try with a known working one.
Edit: And also I've found this: http://www.warpdt.co.uk/
Due to a bug in the official powerpc.library v16.1 (7 February 2001) from the OS3.9 boing bag, you may experience crashes from Defiant (WarpOS housekeeping task). If this proves to be the case on your system, I recommend that you try using the 16.1beta1 version (7 January 2001) of powerpc.library instead, available from Frank Wille's ppclibemu page. There is no real need to bother trying this beta version unless you do get the Defiant crashes.

Last edited by Retrofan; 27 January 2014 at 23:18.
Old 29 January 2014, 21:31   #220
JohnFante

Quote:
What happens if you don't install WarpOS? The PPC has to work anyway, hasn't it? I didn't install WarpOS when I installed it on my BPPC/BVision, I just use the PowerUp kernel.

Perhaps you have to change the preferences of it when you install it.

Edit: If it stops with the picture it can be the picture datatype. I've read it needs an specific one. Try with a known working one.
Edit: And also I've found this: http://www.warpdt.co.uk/
Due to a bug in the official powerpc.library v16.1 (7 February 2001) from the OS3.9 boing bag, you may experience crashes from Defiant (WarpOS housekeeping task). If this proves to be the case on your system, I recommend that you try using the 16.1beta1 version (7 January 2001) of powerpc.library instead, available from Frank Wille's ppclibemu page. There is no real need to bother trying this beta version unless you do get the Defiant crashes.
As far as I know, WarpOS is the only/best way to utilize the PowerPC processor on a CSPPC. It is a bit different from the BPPC - AFAIK.

I tried to comment out the BootPic line but with no success. It just stops booting after a while so it is not a datatype issue.

I normally use WarpDT on my setup. I installed WarpOS to be able to use the fastest version it has for OS3.9 - the PPC version.

It still looks like a WarpOS vs. AmiKit conflict to me but I can be wrong .

I will try some more in the weekend and report back.

Thanks for all your help :-)