English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 09 November 2002, 11:31   #1
Vasek

WinUAE and Whdload

I have problem with whdload and WinUAE 022R2 ver whdload 14.4 works fine but from ver 15 most of the game just reboot the uae or freez it? any idea?

Old 09 November 2002, 13:50   #2
oldpx

Try deleting your pirated key file if you are using one.

Old 09 November 2002, 13:57   #3
Feltzkrone

Yep!
Old 09 November 2002, 15:29   #4
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

And if you *are* using a pirate key, whilst you're at it think about registering WHDLoad.......you are obviously distressed enough by the fact that you can't get it working properly to have posted a message here about it.

No pirate keys (or cracks of WHDLoad) will ever work 100% because they are sent to the WHDLoad author as soon as they are released. The author then makes sure that the pirate keys will not work on further updates.

On the other hand, WHDLoad is not guaranteed to work under Amiga emulation either because it is intended for use on *real* Amigas only. This may be causing your problems if you are not using a pirate key or cracked version.
Old 09 November 2002, 18:41   #5
Amiga1992

WHDLoad does work fine, nay great, under emulation. That is, if you are not a fuckwit who uses pirate keyfiles.
Old 10 November 2002, 14:18   #6
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
WHDLoad does work fine, nay great, under emulation. That is, if you are not a fuckwit who uses pirate keyfiles.
Well said m8!
Old 18 January 2003, 20:11   #7
Leo42

Hi,

Here WHDLoad makes WinUAE crash also...

I'm NOT using pirated keys: just unregistered version...

I tried to desactivate JIT,... nothing will do it...
Old 18 January 2003, 23:54   #8
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Vasek & Leo42:

could you please be so kind and tell us WHICH games cause a crash with WHDload 15.x?

Just for your pleasure, I took my Jurassic Park AGA HDF image and replaced WHDload 12.x unregistered by WHDload 15.x unregistered. No crashes, no glitches - worked perfectly.
Doh.
Old 26 January 2003, 15:52   #9
Leo42

Quote:
Originally posted by andreas
Vasek & Leo42:

could you please be so kind and tell us WHICH games cause a crash with WHDload 15.x?

Just for your pleasure, I took my Jurassic Park AGA HDF image and replaced WHDload 12.x unregistered by WHDload 15.x unregistered. No crashes, no glitches - worked perfectly.
Doh.
Ok: I just downloaded and installed a more recent version, I
played with WinUAE settings and I don't have anymore crashes )
Old 15 February 2003, 13:45   #10
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to trodas Send a message via AIM to trodas Send a message via MSN to trodas
Thumbs up Noproblemo here

As registred user of WHDload i dont have any slighties problem with it under WinUAE.

Tought generaly WinUAE suxx like hell, when come to play - slow, buggy, no synchronization of screen, no real joystick (at least i dont have any plugged into my SoundCard - and i still need digital not analog one...) and so on

In fact, it suxx, when come to playback.

But its good for making icons for games and grabing screens

...unfortuantely, i cant grab anymore with F11 and i have no clue WHY. So, i starting separate thread about it...
Old 15 February 2003, 14:11   #11
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Tought generaly WinUAE suxx like hell, when come to play - slow, buggy, no synchronization of screen, no real joystick (at least i dont have any plugged into my SoundCard - and i still need digital not analog one...) and so on
Thanks for absolutely perfect "bug report"...

Quote:
unfortuantely, i cant grab anymore with F11 and i have no clue
It isn't anymore F11 but PrintScreen.

PrintScreen -> clipboard
PrintScreen+END -> bmp file
Old 15 February 2003, 14:30   #12
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to trodas Send a message via AIM to trodas Send a message via MSN to trodas
Thumbs up Wooow, thanks!!!

Hi, Toni!

Erm, im sorry
I dont mean that. I just like to point out the fact, that WinUAE is not reall Amiga and playing an action game, like TurricanII on it giving very strange results - the scrolling is not synchronized (and cant be, when im into window mode and my refresh is 100Hz) and therefore is ghosted and suxx.
Not to mention, that i have no idea, how to plug a digital Amiga joy to my SoundBlaster Life 5.1 input

So, for play i stick with the Amiga
(at least untill you teach me, like you did with the screengrabing!)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! End + PrtScr did it well, i saw my lovely BMP files, so, i can create a icons from these again!
Hoooooooray!!!

Thanks, Toni!!!
BTW, did you get my email about problems and crashes with starting AmigaOS 3.9bb2, offering you to DL my system from Xdrive?
Old 15 February 2003, 14:30   #13
IFW

I know by personal experience how hard Toni tries to enhance and fix things, and your kind description of it is certainly not what he deserves for his efforts. If you are not aware, many developers are reading this board, and they certainly won't feel any way encouraged by comments like this.
If you don't like WinUAE don't bloody use it - nobody forces you to do so.
Old 15 February 2003, 14:35   #14
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

Angry Hmmmm!!!

IFW - did you read that i say im sorry for this comment?
Old 15 February 2003, 15:23   #15
IFW

Actually it did not show for some reason, just after posting.
On the other hand, you still say that it sucks not being able to play Turrican 2 with smooth scrolling, which is certainly possible with a decent pc setup (though you may have hw/sw problems that prevent this).
Perhaps you should have asked how to setup winuae for smooth scrolling instead
Old 15 February 2003, 17:24   #16
Daz

Even though I very rarely use UAE i still thank people like Toni Wilen for thier continuing commitment to making the lifes of people who can't or don't want an Amiga computer a much more Cannon Fodder inspiring place !

I've had my WHDload registered from the second day I started to use it - I didn't even know you could get pirated keys! (not that I ever would of course)

So cheers Toni - Howdy Bert!

Right where's my ***** XP Pro disc gone....
Old 15 February 2003, 18:35   #17
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
Right where's my ***** XP Pro disc gone....
Well, while you were sleeping, Mr. Bond came in to take back your un-authorized copy of XP

You see, MI5 is now a wholly owned subsiduary of Microsoft

BTW - do you know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall
Old 15 February 2003, 18:58   #18
Daz

Bah I knew he'd come after me one day the little shit.

I thinks it's time for an avatar change anyway

Bill Gates 007 - I can just see him now....
Old 16 February 2003, 14:12   #19
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

...actually...

IFW - let me say something about how i can manage smooth scrolling into WinUAE with MY yesterday experince
So, lets started. I used Turrican2 WHDload fix, works perfectly under my both 060-based Amigas, so.
Into window mode i use mostly (800x600x32bit p96) it looks relatively good, tought the scroling is ofcourse not synced and looking weird - sometimes even jerking and im talking just about the first few metters of Tur2 game, nothing fancy there, right?
So, okay, i tried the so famed fullscreen.
I also tried the Vsync, but more later...
First what i noticed, that colors went wrong. Well, okay. My 800x600 is set to 100Hz, same as my desktop resolution 1024x768, but, okay. Scrolling still little jerks and its far from smooth - in fact, 50Hz scrolling never ever can be OK on 100Hz screen, because it get ghosted - i know this fact because on one of my Amigas i have PicassoIV and his FliFi changing the pal to 100Hz nonflicking pal
Its cool, but NOT for action scrollin games - the image get blurry, while moving. Aditionaly, it lack of sync, so, even on Amiga with PIV you can see overdrawing problems, but thats diferent part of story, so, let move back to WinUAE.
So, i try enable OpenGl. Hell, i see now only trashed display like hell, well, the game is now a completely diferent game (something like hide and seek ) and framerate droped to 8-12 fps
Interesting.
So, i tried to push my luck with the refresh settings, but nothing, from default, to 50 or 100 change a thing.
So, i exit from the fullscreen and went back to my lovely WB

Im entierly sure that word suxx described this ability to work perfectly. Toni has get my OS, now config, latest relase he should have too, so just a Tur2 and WHDload and he can see it for theirself

So, tell me, how i from 8-12fps get smooth scrolling
Old 16 February 2003, 14:29   #20
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
so just a Tur2 and WHDload and he can see it for theirself
I repeat:

I don't care about whdload (I don't even have registered whdload). Try normal disk version first.

Quote:
how i from 8-12fps get smooth scrolling
Buy a faster PC and stop complaining