English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 11 February 2010, 14:46   #1
elminster82

Gamebase Amiga Database for Linux

Hi all,
I'm a linux user and I installed jGameBase with e-UAE to play my favourites amiga games. I need the database files included in the archive:
GameBase Amiga v1.6 Setup.exe

Can anyone add a link to download them?

Thanks

Old 11 February 2010, 15:51   #2
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I asked the same question on IRC yesterday, took two second to install it, grab the files, then uninstall it
Old 11 February 2010, 15:56   #3
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

GameBase Amiga MDB is in the zone (http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=vb_...ezone_faq_item) elminster82
Old 12 February 2010, 11:20   #4
elminster82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
GameBase Amiga MDB is in the zone (http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=vb_...ezone_faq_item) elminster82
I can't find that group

Old 12 February 2010, 11:22   #5
elminster82

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
I asked the same question on IRC yesterday, took two second to install it, grab the files, then uninstall it
I don't want to use Wine to install it...and I haven't a dual boot machine to run Winzozz.
Can you post here the DB directory?

Thanks

Old 12 February 2010, 15:29   #6
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by elminster82 View Post
I can't find that group

Once in your User CP just click these three spots in the given order. Shouldn't be that hard now
Old 13 February 2010, 12:06   #7
elminster82

Thanks, now I'll try to add this DB. I think it could be useful to add a fixed link to the forum or in the home page.

Old 13 February 2010, 14:45   #8
elminster82

There's a problem with "Extras": I downloaded the Extras_modified.7z file, extracted to a custom directory and then set the correct path in jGameBase, but, when I verify available files, it doesn't find any.
Maybe the database entries are wrong?

Thanks

Old 13 February 2010, 21:10   #9
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Given that it was made for Windows, it's possible that the paths in the database (since we're talking relative paths, that mostly means the A, B, C, ... subdirs) don't have exactly the same case as the files in the archives, e.g. the database may have "S\Soemthing.zip", while the archive may have "s\Something.zip", which doesn't matter on Windows filesystems, but matters very much on most *nix filesystems. That's something I'd check first. Otherwise I don't really know, as I've never used jGameBase.
Old 13 February 2010, 22:00   #10
elminster82

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLowar View Post
Given that it was made for Windows, it's possible that the paths in the database (since we're talking relative paths, that mostly means the A, B, C, ... subdirs) don't have exactly the same case as the files in the archives, e.g. the database may have "S\Soemthing.zip", while the archive may have "s\Something.zip", which doesn't matter on Windows filesystems, but matters very much on most *nix filesystems. That's something I'd check first. Otherwise I don't really know, as I've never used jGameBase.
It could be but for games, music and screenshots there are no problems...