English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 16 May 2010, 11:58   #61
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
Any update here ?
Not much, I'm afraid. I've only played through the area with the blue club wielding guys, that comes after the mummy area.
Old 17 May 2010, 17:31   #62
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
Not much, I'm afraid. I've only played through the area with the blue club wielding guys, that comes after the mummy area.
That's indeed not quite far...
Old 22 June 2010, 19:04   #63
meynaf
son of 68k

I may be starting another dungeon project. Would be easier than the two others.
But is there some demand for it ?
Old 23 June 2010, 17:07   #64
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
There is here! Although I haven't played DM for a while. It always happens: I play a game too long, and I get fed up with it, and have to leave it alone for a while. I actually haven't played anything seriously for over a month now. When I do pickup DM again, it's going to be your current two dungeons, though, so as far as I'm concerned there's no rush.
Old 23 June 2010, 18:39   #65
Jgames

Quote:
I am all for it.
Please can you use RTC for it, as the csb one doesn't render nicely on screen.
If you could do something like the original dungeon master, that would be superb.
I began playing Conflux3, but since it's on CSB, i loosed interest (rendering is bad, very bad, and every item on the main window appears blue, like the atari st version)
Old 24 June 2010, 13:11   #66
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
There is here! Although I haven't played DM for a while. It always happens: I play a game too long, and I get fed up with it, and have to leave it alone for a while. I actually haven't played anything seriously for over a month now. When I do pickup DM again, it's going to be your current two dungeons, though, so as far as I'm concerned there's no rush.
Well, just say the truth : you got killed another time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgames View Post
I am all for it.
Please can you use RTC for it, as the csb one doesn't render nicely on screen.
If you could do something like the original dungeon master, that would be superb.
I began playing Conflux3, but since it's on CSB, i loosed interest (rendering is bad, very bad, and every item on the main window appears blue, like the atari st version)
Csbwin is based on the atari st version, so there is no surprise.

However i have to deceive you : i simply can't do anything on RTC. And this, for several reasons : RTC is closed source (i think) and it only runs on PC.

On the other hand you can use my custom program, take a grab of it, and redraw things on top of it to make it look better than the blue. Then give the result to me, perhaps i can change a few things if i get better graphics.
Old 21 July 2010, 15:09   #67
Jgames

Hi Meynaf;
I would like to try your less harder custom dungeon, would like to know how many levels it has?
Old 22 July 2010, 08:59   #68
meynaf
son of 68k

I don't remember exactly, and levels don't have the same size. It's a lot smaller than the main one, i'd say around 10.

But "less difficult" still doesn't mean "easy", so watch out
Old 22 July 2010, 11:06   #69
Jgames

Thx, i'll give it a go.
If it turns out to be a great dungeon, then maybe an official walkthrought could be written for it, so that more people jump and play it.
Old 22 July 2010, 11:09   #70
Jgames

One question Meynaf please;
Could this dungeon be ported to DM pc version?, or RTC?
If not, no problem, i'll fire up WinUae.
Old 26 July 2010, 10:37   #71
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Thx, i'll give it a go.
If it turns out to be a great dungeon, then maybe an official walkthrought could be written for it, so that more people jump and play it.
It IS a great dungeon...
... at least in my taste

Quote:
One question Meynaf please;
Could this dungeon be ported to DM pc version?, or RTC?
If not, no problem, i'll fire up WinUae.
No, it can't. Originally planned to be compatible, but standard engine simply couldn't cope.
So you'll have to fire up an uae (see my readme for specific things to care, f.e. numeric pad).
Old 26 July 2010, 15:46   #72
Jgames

I got it working under Winuae, will be my next game to play after i finish Theron's quest for RTC ( Great game, give it a go if you never played it).
Old 28 July 2010, 10:12   #73
meynaf
son of 68k

Well, if you can find an Amiga version of RTC, maybe i will

Anyway the Theron's quest dungeons have been converted to the regular format and are available at dmweb.free.fr.
So i can play them and i can say they're very easy (even though i played only the first one so far).
Old 02 December 2010, 10:25   #74
meynaf
son of 68k

It's quite calm over here. Is anyone still playing ?
Old 02 December 2010, 20:59   #75
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
It's quite calm over here. Is anyone still playing ?
Haven't been playing for quite some time now, because I've been playing some peecee games, and have recently bought another (Warcraft 3+expansion).

Sooner or later I always return to Dungeon Master, and I'll probably pickup your nightmare dungeon again, which I must say I've enjoyed more than your less difficult one (although I haven't played that one that much).
Old 06 December 2010, 10:14   #76
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Sooner or later I always return to Dungeon Master, and I'll probably pickup your nightmare dungeon again, which I must say I've enjoyed more than your less difficult one (although I haven't played that one that much).
Yeah, you're the one who's gone the farthest, even though i may add that it's not very far in absolute

Note that i have 5 unfinished dungeon projects and i'm looking for more ideas.

Also i've gone a little deeper in DM2 dungeon stuff and apart the dungeon format which is similar, many things are just incompatible...
Old 07 December 2010, 18:51   #77
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Yeah, you're the one who's gone the farthest, even though i may add that it's not very far in absolute
Hehe, I expected as much, unless someone else has been playing your nightmare dungeon seriously.

One question: Before I continue with your nightmare dungeon (will happen sooner or later), is it even possible to solo the dungeon to the end?
Quote:
Note that i have 5 unfinished dungeon projects and i'm looking for more ideas.
Five? Not good Focus on just one or two at a time and finish them one by one. Nothing wrong with five dungeons, but having five dungeon projects at the same time is a bit much.
Quote:
Also i've gone a little deeper in DM2 dungeon stuff and apart the dungeon format which is similar, many things are just incompatible...
Yup, that's to be expected somehow

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that your Dungeon Master port works very nicely with mode promotion (finally have a VGA adapter, no more crappy quality ), although it would be nice to have a screen mode selection mechanism (same for your image viewer). Perhaps it would be easy to do with the screen mode ID (may be a pain to obtain)?
Old 09 December 2010, 08:29   #78
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
One question: Before I continue with your nightmare dungeon (will happen sooner or later), is it even possible to solo the dungeon to the end?
Well, not really. Some parts may be just too difficult, or even impossible. For example, the part where you apparently got stuck (4 dragons) is relatively easy to do with 4 characters (when you know how) but i wouldn't try with only one.

Anyway, it was NOT planned to be done like that
Another dungeon i've started is to be soloed for at least a part (you recruit the others as you find them) but it only contains a few levels for now.

Quote:
Five? Not good Focus on just one or two at a time and finish them one by one. Nothing wrong with five dungeons, but having five dungeon projects at the same time is a bit much.
Yes, but when an idea comes it's not necessarily doable on an existing dungeon

Quote:
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that your Dungeon Master port works very nicely with mode promotion (finally have a VGA adapter, no more crappy quality ), although it would be nice to have a screen mode selection mechanism (same for your image viewer). Perhaps it would be easy to do with the screen mode ID (may be a pain to obtain)?
For now, all my tests with GetBestModeID (or something like that) have failed (i'm not getting the right value in all cases). But do one, and you have the other : my DM port and my viewer both use my lib to open their screen and if one benefits of a change, the other will too (and my HOMM2 ports also would).
Old 23 December 2010, 09:48   #79
meynaf
son of 68k

New version uploaded ! There are some quite big changes in the code. I hope i've broken nothing, but please use the new versions of the dungeons with this new code (or some puzzles won't work).

Main dungeon has a newly completed level, which was previously just a corridor (it's an area you will never reach anyway ).
Second dungeon has only minor changes.
Third dun... errhhh... yes, there is something new. I'll let you discover what's there exactly
Old 24 December 2010, 15:05   #80
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Well, not really. Some parts may be just too difficult, or even impossible. For example, the part where you apparently got stuck (4 dragons) is relatively easy to do with 4 characters (when you know how) but i wouldn't try with only one.
Hmm, doesn't sound good, I really like going solo...
Quote:
Anyway, it was NOT planned to be done like that
Yes, I know, I just did it solo to circumvent my party slection problems in that dungeon from hell
Quote:
Yes, but when an idea comes it's not necessarily doable on an existing dungeon
True, but you could also just write down all your ideas (or type them ) and work on one or two dungeons at a time incorporating suitable ideas from your list.
Quote:
For now, all my tests with GetBestModeID (or something like that) have failed (i'm not getting the right value in all cases).
Is that really needed for manual screenmode selection? Anyway, for DM it's not truly needed because of screen promotion, it's more useful for your image viewer.
Quote:
New version uploaded ! There are some quite big changes in the code. I hope i've broken nothing, but please use the new versions of the dungeons with this new code (or some puzzles won't work).

Main dungeon has a newly completed level, which was previously just a corridor (it's an area you will never reach anyway ).
Second dungeon has only minor changes.
Third dun... errhhh... yes, there is something new. I'll let you discover what's there exactly
Sounds good, I'll check it out

EDIT:

I think I'm going to start your nightmare dungeon over. You can start solo, and clear the way to the food and water area, while trying to kill the least amount of monsters you can manage. Then just go back to the hall of champions, get more characters, and start training them there. Simple

Saves you the pain of recruiting a full party from the start, and it gives you a food and water advantage. It also means you start out stronger, because of the EXP from the hall of champions monsters... and you get better initial gear

Last edited by Thorham; 27 December 2010 at 00:34.