English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 02 January 2019, 20:58   #41
endre1952

What about the Razer Phone 2 ? Its 120hz "Ultramotion" screen should work like those G-sync/Freesync monitors. It should be able to sync to 50hz automatically.
Old 02 January 2019, 23:30   #42
john4p
Competition Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by endre1952 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. I told you that I wasn't sure about other Chuwi tablets, only the non-Pro Hi8, which does work at 50hz (60hz firmware also exits for it). One complaint about the Hi8 is the poor quality mono sound (when using the internal speaker).
I found multiple sources stating specifically the Hi8 Pro. Pretty sure Hi8 and Hi8 Pro have the exact same screen (1920x1200 IPS).
I think I'm going to get a Hi8 Pro after all. Will keep the 60Hz Vi8 Plus for PC games like Diablo II and NeoGeo/SNES/Mega Drive.

Quote:
I have an IPega bluetooth gamepad that is large enough to work with the tablet properly.
That looks good - I'm satisfied with my PS4-pad though which is portable enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
I had a leagoo elite 1 android phone that did only 50hz (I think 51.0). Vice C64 and Uae4arm run butter smooth there but I broke the phone lol. Of course it was a phone so screen was about 5" only and full HD 1920*1080. It was really good for PAL gaming but sucked at NTSC.
That sounds really great, 51Hz with vsync is basically indistinguishable from 50Hz. I'll have a look for a cheap used one.

Quote:
What about the Razer Phone 2 ? Its 120hz "Ultramotion" screen should work like those G-sync/Freesync monitors. It should be able to sync to 50hz automatically.
Sure looks like it! But 700 Euros is just too expensive.

edit: My colleague has a Razer Phone and manually you can only choose between 60, 90 and 120Hz. Don't know if it'd automatically lower to 50Hz when it receives UAE4Arm output.

Last edited by john4p; 03 January 2019 at 13:25.
Old 03 January 2019, 10:03   #43
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn8887 View Post
Amiga Forever roms work, too, but they are encrypted. Copy the .key file together with the roms, and then they will work.

I think it was misunderstood. Custom roms that work on every other emulator have odd issue with UAE4ALL2. They work fine on first boot. Its only when doing a soft reset, it goes to kickstart, you have to restart emu. Its a pain, as if you have patches that do reboot, hence the problem.
Old 03 January 2019, 10:22   #44
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4p View Post

That sounds really great, 51Hz with vsync is basically indistinguishable from 50Hz. I'll have a look for a cheap used one.
Yes I used some option in vice to sync with screen refresh and it run butter smooth, like having a c64 in your hand. Silly me dropped the phone in an edgy surface and broken the screen. Also uae4arm run the same, I don't remember if it had a vsync option. I had transferred my real CF to a folder via winuae, and used as a hd on emulator, great stuff. It was strong enough to use some light shaders in retroarch too
Old 03 January 2019, 13:33   #45
john4p
Competition Moderator

Nice. I guess Lubomyr's UAE4ARM-port for Android probably always has vsync on.
Old 03 January 2019, 17:16   #46
rsn8887

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
I think it was misunderstood. Custom roms that work on every other emulator have odd issue with UAE4ALL2. They work fine on first boot. Its only when doing a soft reset, it goes to kickstart, you have to restart emu. Its a pain, as if you have patches that do reboot, hence the problem.
It works for me. Maybe I don't understand. What do you mean when you say "it goes to kickstart?" and "you have to restart emu". You mean you have to press select to open the menu and press R to reset? That is how it is designed, yes.

I can try to fix the problem once I see it. Maybe can you tell me in a few steps how exactly to reproduce the problem? Is the problem limited only to Amiga Forever roms?

Make sure you don't have "kick.rom" (without a number) present.

Note many roms are bad or hacks anyway and shouldn’t be used, see here: https://cloanto.com/amiga/roms/

EDIT2: For me, Cloanto roms kick13, kick20 and kick31 work just fine.

I just tested this with a) my Amiga Forever version 2.0 roms and b) my Amiga Forever Essentials Android roms, including the respecitve rom.key. kick13, kick20, and kick31 work. Only kick12 doesn't work, it gives me a yellow screen on boot.

But here is the weird thing: According to https://cloanto.com/amiga/roms/ my Cloanto kick12.rom should be the same (same MD5) as my working kick12 rom that I normally use. Clearly they are not the same, because my working rom is 256 kb (as it should be), and the the Cloanto kick12 is 512 kb (too large). Also the Cloanto one gives me a yellow screen on boot.

Why does Cloanto ship a rom that is too large in their official distribution? They list the size on their own webpage as 256 kB! https://cloanto.com/amiga/roms/getcrc/a6ce1636.html

Yet, on my official Cloanto CDRom, the file is 512 kB. Incredible.

The good news is that kick12 is not really needed.

Also, I can see on https://cloanto.com/amiga/roms/ that Cloanto distributed a "hacked" kick31 rom in all Amiga Forever versions between 3.0 and 5.0 including 5.0. It all sounds a bit shady to me.

Last edited by rsn8887; 03 January 2019 at 19:09.
Old 03 January 2019, 19:05   #47
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
It works for me. Maybe I don't understand. What do you mean when you say "it goes to kickstart?" and "you have to restart emu". You mean you have to press select to open the menu and press R to reset? That is how it is designed, yes.

I can try to fix the problem once I see it. Maybe can you tell me in a few steps how exactly to reproduce the problem? Is the problem limited only to Amiga Forever roms?

Note many roms are bad or hacks anyway and shouldn’t be used, see here: https://cloanto.com/amiga/roms/

EDIT: OK, something odd is definitely going on with Cloanto Amiga Forever kickstart roms. I cannot reproduce your problem but:

I just tested with my Amiga Forever version 2.0 roms including my rom.key. Cloanto kick13 and kick20 work just fine. But kick12 and kick30 don't work. kick12 gives me a yellow screen on boot. kick30 boots into black screen, but that might be ok, since the emulator wants kick31, not 3.0.

But here is the weird thing: According to https://cloanto.com/amiga/roms/ my Cloanto kick12.rom should be the same (same MD5) as my working kick12 rom that I normally use. Clearly they are not the same, because my working rom is 256 kb (as it should be), and the the Cloanto kick12 is 512 kb (too large). Also the Cloanto one gives me a yellow screen on boot.

Why does Cloanto ship a rom that is too large in their official distribution? They list the size on their own webpage as 256 kB! https://cloanto.com/amiga/roms/getcrc/a6ce1636.html

Yet, on my official Cloanto CDRom, the file is 512 kB. Incredible.

Maybe someone with more Cloanto roms can test more of them? I would be interested if there's a Cloanto kick31 that works. My Amiga Forever CD only came with kick30. I have no clue why kick31 is missing.

Also, I can see on https://cloanto.com/amiga/roms/ that Cloanto distributed a "hacked" kick31 rom in all Amiga Forever versions between 3.0 and 5.0 including 5.0. Sounds a bit shady to me.

Easy, you are going off half cocked. You have completely misunderstood me. I was talking about custom roms (hacked as you put it), like 3.9 roms.

Right, lets say Im using kick3.1, it boots fine, loads hdd, all is good. I soft reset, all is good. Now do exactly the same with custom 1MB kickstart file and fails when soft resetting, it goes to kickstart screen instead of booting HDD. You have to quit emulator and restart. So its ok until you need to reset.

I will look into Cloanto rom issue and report back to them directly. I know I had trouble getting them working with PSPUAE (code was butchered). I cant remember if I got 1MB roms working.
Old 03 January 2019, 19:23   #48
rsn8887

Oh that is a different issue. I don't own custom 1 MB roms. So it will be hard to debug, unless I have a way of reproducing it. I guess the emulator only allocates 512kb for rom. So 1 MB roms are not really supported at the moment. It could be a buffer overflow that causes the problem.

Concerning Cloanto: I tested again with my Amiga Forever Essentials roms from Android. I forgot I bought those a while ago.

I can confirm that Cloanto kick20, kick13, and kick31 work just fine. Only Cloanto kick12 still gives me a yellow boot screen. I tested AF v2.0 and AF Essentials so far. Luckily kick12 is not really needed.

Last edited by rsn8887; 15 January 2019 at 00:56.
Old 26 January 2019, 22:06   #49
rsn8887

Latest version now with USB Mouse and keyboard support on Switch (on Vita, there has always been Bluetooth mouse and keyboard support already). Not all USB mice work on the Switch, my Logitech M187 works. All USB keyboards seem to work just fine.

https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest
Old 23 March 2019, 08:12   #50
alpine9000

I noticed (at least with the VITA version) that some games that use repeating sprite backgrounds have some rendering issues (tested against V1.95).

I was playing trap runner (https://www.retroguru.com/trap-runner/) and there are some rendering issues with the sprite background:

compared with fs-uae:

Last edited by alpine9000; 23 March 2019 at 08:12. Reason: typo
Old 26 March 2019, 03:53   #51
twenty90seven
twenty90seven

Hey rsn, is there any way to run uae4all2 at 50hz on Nintendo Switch when the Switch is docked and hooked up to the TV?
Old 03 April 2019, 02:28   #52
rsn8887

You mean output a real 50 Hz video signal over HDMI? No. It is a hardware limitation of the Switch. It can only output 60 Hz videomodes.

So the scrolling in UAE will never be perfectly smooth. Unless you run your games in NTSC/60 Hz mode. But then the games and music run way too fast.
Old 03 April 2019, 14:59   #53
twenty90seven
twenty90seven

Thanks for confirming rsn. It's not a dealbreaker as to be honest I don't notice the scrolling as much when its in handheld mode on the smaller screen.
Old 03 April 2019, 16:13   #54
nobody

I would like something like this on android, had the exact same app back in the day on Dreamcast and an s60v3 phone with a small 600mhz ARM, was running like a dream with sound and 1 frame skip. Clean interface,not much hassle to run games.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 02 June 2019, 11:07   #55
thairacerjp

Hi ! first thanks for this awesome emulator, most of games i have played worked great , i have just bought reshoot-r and i have a issue, it hang on the opening picture screen, the demo was working (with collisions issues), i use emulator on ps-vita "enso" with last version 1,97 , classic workbench, using hdf file for have the workbench. i have tested all configurations, so i have the picture freezing or i can pass the picture screen and after a black screen, normaly the music should come after but never have music, so the problem is may be music ? with the same configuration on pc in winuae it works.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03 June 2019, 21:15   #56
rsn8887

I don't have that game yet so I cannot test. I will test it when I get it.

It might require cycle exact, which is not supported in uae4all2. It might be something else, like a memory issue. You could try to play around with memory settings (slow/fast memory etc.). But since you said you already tried different combinations, it is probably not that.

It sucks that he would release a demo that works, and then the final version doesn't. But maybe a future update will work again?

For the collision issues in the demo version, you could try to enable sprite collisions in the emulator settings.

Last edited by rsn8887; 03 June 2019 at 21:33.
Old 05 June 2019, 19:44   #57
rsn8887

I got my Reshoot R. You are right it hangs on title screen. It looks like there's some gfx corruption to the left of the white Reshoot R logo when it appears.

I added the game to the "list of non-working games" in my GitHub release notes. If anybody finds a fix, please tell me.
Old 05 June 2019, 19:56   #58
DamienD
Banned

...not that this will probably help, but in WinUAE: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...8&postcount=21
Old 06 June 2019, 18:46   #59
rsn8887

The hang is due to CIA Overlay being enabled always. I managed to get past it by forcing CIA Overlay off whenever AGA chipset is selected.

However, the game is incredible slow on Vita and the blue background is also messed up.

I am attaching the test version. I am not sure if turning CIA Overlay off messes up anything else, or even if I implemented it correctly. So I called the file "uae4all2_test.vpk.zip"

EDIT: I am attaching the Switch test build, too. Reshoot-R runs full speed on Switch. The detailed blue background pixels are missing (only a color gradient is shown), just like on Vita.

For some reason Reshoot-R only works from hdf, not hd-dir, for me. If I try to boot from hd-dir, the first level only shows a gfx glitch on the right hand side of the screen.

Luckily, it was easy to create a hdf using WinUAE. I just made a new empty hdf with a size of 10 MB. I mounted the empty hdf, the reshootr hd-dir, and my Workbench hdf. I booted Workbench. I formatted the new hdf with FFS filesystem. Then I used Directory Opus on the Amiga to copy all the contents of the reshootr hd-dir folder to the hdf. Then I had a bootable Reshoot-R hdf.

EDIT2: It is very well possible that these test builds broke some other AGA games in my effort to fix Reshoot-R. Any bug reports are welcome, especially if something broke in test build that works fine in last release build v1.95.
Attached Files
File Type: zip uae4all_test.vpk.zip (1.48 MB, 406 views)
File Type: zip uae4all2_test_switch.zip (3.59 MB, 394 views)

Last edited by rsn8887; 06 June 2019 at 20:36.
Old 07 June 2019, 12:49   #60
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
The hang is due to CIA Overlay being enabled always. I managed to get past it by forcing CIA Overlay off whenever AGA chipset is selected.
Gayle based systems don't use CIA overlay (Pin is not connected), CD32 also does not use CIA overlay (Pin was reused for CD audio mute!). Other Amigas use it. (btw, this is incorrect in WinUAE A4000/A4000T hardware configs. A4000 does use CIA overlay). Hang/crash is correct behavior if CIA overlay bit is changed and system uses CIA overlay pin (except if it is very careful and wants to do some weird stuff..)