English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 08 November 2018, 15:03   #21
White

Ok now Shogo works well with amigaos 4.1 final edition.
tips and basic tips for correct operation with Amigaos 4.1
Download the Demo on aminet
http://aminet.net/package/game/demo/ShogoDemo
DO NOT UPDATE the package with ShogoLauncher Update, causing the block with AmigaOS 4.1
add in the Shogo Tooltype this:
CDDADEVICE = 0
CDDAUNIT = 0
select in UAEGFX max 256 memory
select in UAEGFX 8bit * all-all-all
do not select Hardware Sprite Emulation
here the configuration file if it can be useful
here the video
[ Show youtube player ]
Thanks for all the suggestions to improve this little guide for 4.1
Attached Files
File Type: uae SHOGO-4.1SCREENMODE.uae (12.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 09 November 2018, 01:10   #22
AC/DC HACKER!

Hmm... I haven't considered "0" for those 2, as it seems a bit odd. I will check that.

BTW, press Enter or Escape to bypass the demo text.

Well...PPPttthhhh!! I didn't have WarpOS configured quite right...for my OS 3.5. it seems. Appreciate the screenshot, White. After what I typed last night I woke thinking "I'm missing something in WarpOS settings.." and there it is. Now, when I load my normal A4000D CSPPC UAEGfx 3.5 config and then start the game the Front End if showing almost every time. Still going through settings but it's an improvement that it runs most times now.

1024x768x16 or 32bit then the Front End is showing almost every time. Lesser screenmodes, rarely. Huh.

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 09 November 2018 at 02:29.
Old 09 November 2018, 09:41   #23
White

@ AC/DC HACKER!
Thanks for the advice I really appreciate them :-)

At the moment Shogo works on my 3.9 + PPC configuration without blocks or crashes
The problem is speed, my configuration is probably wrong ..
If I copy files or try to unpack a .lha file like Shogodemo.lha it takes a long time.
When I cast Shogo, the winuae HD indicator reads my .hdf very slowly
It is important for me to know the right configuration of devices
At the moment I only installed PPC + Warp with the 3.9 cd based on the Workbench

Which settings should be selected in an expanding winuae
Mediator?
Which .Rom should I choose for Amigaos 3.9 + PPC?

Thanks for every help.
Old 10 November 2018, 12:15   #24
White

@AMIGASYSTEM,
using 3.9 + PPC I can unzip the Shogo archives without errors even repeating the operation several times.
The problem occurs with sounds.hpa even if unpacked individually,
And a bug I believe, it is described here:
https://amigaworld.net//modules/newb...65071&forum=32
I tried in various ways, but the system does not stop, it simply tells me that the archive is corrupt.
While the installation with 4.1 proceeds without problems.
But strangely, the complete game does not start, while the Demo version works without problems.
I tried several times, but I got tired of too many system blocks.
Once you understand the problem and "re-package", once the solution is found.
Finding a solution to this is probably feasible but at the moment I got tired.
Although certainly I will try again later.
Many applications are games work with 4.1 but this takes time and patience.
For this I respect a lot of people who spend some moments of their time finding solutions.

The game works with 3.9 + PPC but the uploads are very long and the game is slow
That's why I asked for 3.9 + PPC configuration tips
Although this is easy to do using Quickstart, but now maybe I remember why I gave up the 3.9 + PPC was too slow.

AmigaOS remains a continuous hack if you want to go further, the spirit has always been this :-)
Too easy to insert only the disk :-)
Ok a little outburst because I lost a lot of time, but on this Amiga is still Amiga
Old 10 November 2018, 12:23   #25
AMIGASYSTEM

So Paul, I on OS3.9 I have no corruption problems, launching "hUnpack" manually from the shell I can unpack everything without problems. unfortunately the installer performs "hUnpack" several times and here is the problem because "hUnpack" if you launch it the second time generates that error. Have you tried running from a Shell "hUnpack" twice consecutively?

On OS4.1 no installation problem, the full version started on both OS3 and OS4 but only the GUI and only the first time.

------ Italiano ------

Allora Paolo, io su OS3.9 non ho problemi di corruzione, lanciando "hUnpack" manualmente dalla shell riesco a scompattare tutto senza problemi. purtroppo l'installer esegue più volte "hUnpack" e qui c'è il problema perchè "hUnpack" se lo lanci la seconda volta genera quell'errore. Hai provato ad eseguire da una Shell "hUnpack" due volte consecutive?

Su OS4.1 nessun problema di installazione, al versione full a me si è avviata sia su OS3 che OS4 ma solo la GUI e solo la prima volta.
Old 10 November 2018, 12:41   #26
White

@AMIGASYSTEM,
do you mean the front end which then launches the game?
the solution to this is to try the wizard.library versions
and optionally use Rewarp

I also tried from shell but it always tells me that the archive is corrupt,
I also tried to replace the file in C:
with this:
http://os4depot.net/index.php?functi...ve/hunpack.lha
Old 10 November 2018, 12:53   #27
AMIGASYSTEM

I tried the wizard.library included in the game CD and also my version much more updated and does not change anything.
If you have corruption in unpacking only on OS3 then the problem can be elsewhere maybe in the hardwood!
I try Rewarp and the attached version of hunpack, thank you

---- Italiano ----

Ho provato la wizard.library inclusa nel CD del gioco e anche la mia versione molto più aggiornata e non cambia nulla.
Se hai corruzione nello scompattare solo su OS3 allora il problema può essere altrove magari nell'hardifile!
Provero Rewarp e la versione allegata di hunpack, grazie
Old 10 November 2018, 13:19   #28
White

@AMIGASYSTEM
try this
you will probably need to install rewarp
Attached Files
File Type: rar wizard.rar (66.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: lha ReWarp.lha (16.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 10 November 2018, 14:15   #29
AMIGASYSTEM

Thanks Paolo ReWarp is just for OS4.1
Old 11 November 2018, 00:33   #30
White

@AMIGASYSTEM
here with AFAOS PPC rewarp is applied and it does not crash
do you have a solution to make the screen-mode appear to be chosen to start the game?
Here I can not, while with 3.9 + PPC I can choose
I also saw that you have a higher cpu-clock speed while mine is very low.
so I definitely make a mistake
here a little video:
Thank you
[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by White; 11 November 2018 at 00:45.
Old 11 November 2018, 03:01   #31
AC/DC HACKER!

I have Shogo Front End running every time, and the game runs every time with OS 4.1.1. There's a Guru Notification and SDI hit, but after that it's all "ok". The speed of the game is very quick, but not same as real hardware, but playable. Both Demo and CD versions. I'm not use ReWarp or Wazp3D.

I'm using CSPPPC with 128MB but because that's not enough after OS 4.1.1's Workbench is loaded, I also have 256MB Z3 RAM enabled. Odd that that added RAM was causing a slowdown with OS 3.5. Still checking into that. Meanwhile, ShogoMAD's Front end may be exited and run multiple times with OS 4.1.1. This is not the case with my current main OS 3.5 install, only 1 time..then it's PowerPC crashes.

I have noticed at last 16MB for UAEGFX does very well for OS 4.1.1, not any need for 256MB. I'm using "Fastest Possible". Picasso 4 also functions correctly, and displays well. But it doesn't display well for OS 3.5.. Hmmm..
Old 11 November 2018, 10:46   #32
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White View Post
@AMIGASYSTEM
here with AFAOS PPC rewarp is applied and it does not crash

It is normal that it does not crash with "ReWarp" this because the two libraries are not executed, you can not run executables ".ELF" on OS 3.9.

To confirm what I say use snoopdodos when you run Shogo and you will see that the two libraries (Warp3DPPC.library and powerpc.library) are not found.

Another way to verify that you can not run those two libraries and click on it from Dopus4, the normal 3.9 libraries can run, the .ELF you will not see them as if you were clicking on data files.

---- Italiano -----

Si è normale che non va in crash con "ReWarp" questo perchè le due librerie non vengono eseguite, non puoi eseguire eseguibili ".ELF" su OS 3.9.

Per avere conferma di quello che dico usa snoopdodos quando esegui Shogo e vedrai che le due librerie (Warp3DPPC.library e powerpc.library) non vengono ritrovate.

Altro metodo per verificare che non puoi eseguire quelle due librerie e quello di cliccarci da Dopus4, le normali librerie 3.9 puoi eseguirle, i .ELF no li vedrai come se cliccassi su file dati.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 13 November 2018 at 09:51.
Old 11 November 2018, 11:03   #33
White

@AC/DC HACKER!
thanks, I will do other checks on 4.1, I must say that I made many changes to 4.1
it's all also works quake 3 with all three versions available
sdl, hunoppc, and the ppc version do not go very fast but they work.
E-uae works perfectly and many other applications etc. etc.
so the changes are there but they are compatible with each other, but shogo is the only one who creates this problem.

@AMIGASYSTEM
Even when I do not use ReWarp the problem occurs
I will do another installation to try
The problem does not occur only with Shogo in AFAos but with all the games like quake, quake 2 etc.
In practice, the gray screen appears and freezes, yet everything else works, as if you can not find the graphics card, of course, all the classic games amiga work.
I have to mistake something in the settings or in the picasso drivers but everything is perfectly recognized.
While with the 3.9 classic + PPC everything works same games, same configuration etc.
Do you have any ideas on how to solve this?
Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	requesterAFAOS.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	60780   Click image for larger version

Name:	requesterOS39PPC.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	60781  
Old 11 November 2018, 11:37   #34
AMIGASYSTEM

Paul from the translation I understand little, I notice that on the second screenshot you see the resolutions, which graphic card you have set, to me with both UAEGFX Picasso IV on AfA do not Come Out in the GUI ?, you can attach the config file, thanks

--- Italiano ---

Paolo dalla traduzione capisco poco (forse sarebbe meglio sentirci su forum italiano), noto che sul secondo screenshot si vedono le risoluzioni, che scheda grafica hai impostato, a me sia con UAEGFX che Picasso IV su AfA non escono nella GUI?, puoi allegare il file config, grazie
Old 11 November 2018, 12:09   #35
White

@AMIGASYSTEM
OK it's good
this is the version of 3.xx that I'm realizing from scratch slowly
It seems to work well with everything.
Old 11 November 2018, 12:41   #36
White

the configuration is the same that I try to use with AFAos too
but the results are different, the workbench changes, and I can not understand where I'm wrong
Attached Files
File Type: uae AFAOS-SHOGO.uae (12.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 11 November 2018, 20:23   #37
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
It is normal that it does not crash with "ReWarp" this because the two libraries are not executed, you can not run executables ".ELF" on OS 3.9.

To confirm what I say use snoopdodos when you run Shogo and you will see that the two libraries (Warp3DPPC.library and powerpc.library) are not found.

Another way to verify that you can not run those two libraries and click on it from Dopus4, the normal 3.9 libraries can run, the .ELF you will not see them as if you were clicking on data files.
You would need the ELF version of ppc.library and then make it active to run those. Which is emulating PowerUP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White View Post
@AC/DC HACKER!
thanks, I will do other checks on 4.1, I must say that I made many changes to 4.1
it's all also works quake 3 with all three versions available
sdl, hunoppc, and the ppc version do not go very fast but they work.
E-uae works perfectly and many other applications etc. etc.
I don't know what huoppc is. Hmm...it seems you're computer is slower than mine, because the install for ShogoMAD is pretty quick with OS 4.1.1..
I wouldn't type that E-UAE is perfect, because that means it cannot be altered or made better. That's what perfect means, done, complete, cannot be added to. But the emulator is very good but does have a lot of bugs - not perfect. Wink. I still laugh about using an emulator within an emulator that way. Testing it, sure, I get that, but using it...is very off logic to me since WinUAE is made to emulate for 1.3 and 2.04, 2.05.

But anyway, I'm going to attempt another install of OS 3.9 and do a FRESH install from the ShogoMAD ISO since I've been copying over my Installed version. Maybe..there in lies the challenge??? Hmm!

When you get ShogoMAD running on OS 3.9, have you installed all Boing Bags or only 1 & 2? I've installed all.. I see it looks like you have not changed any Workbench prefs because the borders are still around the Icons. So, you also have Not changed the Workbench Memory prefs, from Graphics to Other Mem, correct?

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 11 November 2018 at 20:34.
Old 11 November 2018, 20:35   #38
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
You would need the ELF version of ppc.library and then make it active to run those. Which is emulating PowerUP.
anged the Workbench Memory prefs, from Graphics to Other Mem, correct?
How you do it?
Old 11 November 2018, 21:22   #39
White

@AC/DC HACKER!
the installation is based only on 3.9 + BB1 & 2
I have not changed anything, I have run all the quake 1-2-3 open arena games, netsurf , ffplay for videos many amiga games, psx emulator and more.
Once finished I will think about the gui and additions to be done
It was a project that I had started some time ago, now that the 4.1 works well, I resumed the 3.9 from where I left it.
When I read the post of Shogo, then I added the ppc with the cd of amigaos 3.9.
my problem is that the emulation of the ppc is slow and I wanted to understand where I'm wrong because shogo works but it's slow.

But 3.9 + PPC emulation is fast for you, what's the clock speed?

Is Shogo fast on 3.9 + PPC?

Are you working well with the workbench fast?

On 4.1 Shogo is fast, but only the demo does not work the full version
It's not a challenge it's nice to talk about this for me it improves my knowledge with those who have experience on Amiga

Obviously, quake and all the other programs are available for PC, but for me it's nice to run them on Amiga, the spirit for me is this, I'm finishing 3.9 and then move it to a dedicated partition with "x76 hide" and have it on boot as with 4.1

here E-UAE how it works today on 4.1, some resolutions to be defined, nice for me
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 11 November 2018, 22:32   #40
White

@AC/DC HACKER!
here the link of hunoppc
http://hunoppc.amiga-projects.net/