English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

View Poll Results: Will you buy one GameCube ?
Yes, it rocks !!!! 7 30.43%
No 13 56.52%
Maybe ... 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 September 2001, 10:21   #41
RCK
Administrator

yep, no stress Ian
I was just a little bored about all those nintendo critics in this thread (as a fan)

I have tried to buy a NGC in Paris last week (especially for Miyamoto, Sega & Capcom games), but it cost a "little" too much money... :hooooo

BTW, Did you know that the new Resident Evil / Bio Hazard series (RE 0,1,2,3 & 4) will be exclusive to Nintendo GameCube ? (no more PS2 & XBox...)
Old 27 September 2001, 10:28   #42
Ian
Global Moderator

I ain't no Nintendo fan, but on the other hand I am a massive fan of Miyamoto so it's a double edged sword you see

I don't really get involved in console wars, when ever I do it's is only as a joke I may even buy a Gamecube to sit alongside my PS2, but it won't be for those crap games in the Resident Evil series, they suck IMO.

Onamusha is far, far better more action and loads more fun.
Old 27 September 2001, 10:55   #43
RetroMan

I was a Nintendo fan for a long time (NES, SNES, VirtualBoy) and then, they made the biggest mistake IMHO, they released the N64 !!!! Well, I didn´t know much about it that time, so I bought it with Mario64 and WaveRace... I loaded up Mario64 and played a little while. After an hour or so, my eyes began to hurt from those bright colors (well gameplay was ok) so I changed to WaveRace. No comment on that game I think the problem was, that I allready had a PSX back then and was a bit more Pro Sony, dunno really But I thought : "Oh well, just have to wait, there will be better games in the future ..." but they didn´t come I bought Zelda and yes, I loved it (for a short period of time) any fan of the classic Zelda on GB and SNES COULD NOT love that N64 Zelda ..... and then I recognized : more than 98% of all software titles for the N64 (speaking of colors and sound) are made for children younger than 6 years. I don´t think thats a good marketing strategy anyway IMHO the ONLY EXCELLENT game on N64 is GOLDEN EYE (ok, Perfect Dark was nice too) .... these are the only games NOT designed for little kids and also showed, which potential the N64 hardware has !!! Then came the GBA and I think it rox, more gameplay, less bright colors (well, MOSTLY)...... now there will be the GC and I think it will suffer a slow painfull death, just like the N64 ...... Nintendo WILL go down (this is not because I hate them or so, please don´t misunderstand, I think Nintendo WAS a great company, that brought some really kewl gaming systems to the world), they must admit, that it´s time to go the SEGA way, definitely ....
Old 27 September 2001, 11:37   #44
Big-Byte
Long time member

GBA is great but..

The screen is too bloody dark!!!

Things the gba should of had...

Backlit.
Four buttons + two shoulder pads.
Built in rumble.
Output to TV.

I know that a company is developing a gadget so you can play
gba games on your tv but it involves opening up your gba and attaching wires direct to the circuit board!
Old 27 September 2001, 15:22   #45
RCK
Administrator

arf, I don't think GC will "suffer a slow painfull death"
but it's only my opinion (and yes, I may be a little too much pro-nintendo).

btw, don't forget that major Sega division actually develop for the GameCube, and everybody is saying that the GC hardware IS a good platform.

about saying that the GC is designed for little kids, annoucements like Resident Evil / Soul Calibur 2 / etc for this system prove that you are wrong.

GBA: there will be a good product for playing with you TV.
- japanese: http://www.kemco-net.co.jp/
- french : http://www.nintendojofr.com/cgi-bin/...?id=1000469363
Old 27 September 2001, 18:39   #46
Amiga1992

Well, I am heavily considering buying a GC, if only for the GBA-GC link. If I buy one I do it next week. But I kind of want to wait and see if they 'pull an N64' on me with this machine. The 3 games released so far are unimpressive, really. Nothing that I really like, so I rather wait a few months and get it when there is great software available. Heck, here it costs less than a PS2 so I dont mind, price can only get better!

BTW I checked that link, RCK, and it seems that's a TV TUNER for the GBA, not a device for seeing the GBA games display on the TV. Or that's what I understood.

Quote:
Kemco a en effet eut la brillante idée de mettre au point un tuner tv pour GBA (avec antenne intégrée), le "TV Boy" afin que les possesseurs de la portable puissent regarder la télévision que ce soit dans le métro, au bureau ou dans tous les endroits possibles et inimaginables.
Tell me if I'm wrong, I lost most of my french skills with time
Old 27 September 2001, 19:08   #47
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Don't worry, Cody has learnt a bit of French during his stay here:

"In effect, Kemco has had the brilliant idea to develop a TV tuner for GBA (with integrated antenna), the "TV Houseboy" so that owners of this handheld can watch television when in the Metro, the office or in all places possible and unimaginable."
Old 27 September 2001, 20:48   #48
RetroMan

Evil grin Oh, just wanted to say .....

...... I voted "NO" !!!
Old 27 September 2001, 20:56   #49
Tommo

I voted yes. I will definetly buy a GC, even just to see what Metroid Prime will be like.

Old 28 September 2001, 00:34   #50
RCK
Administrator

Sorry about the GBA's TV tuner ! I have mix my flood of gba news

so no... I don't remember of any device for viewing his GBA screen on TV (ATM)