English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 28 December 2019, 13:24   #81
daxb

AHI (start 1994) comes later and is only useful with fast processors because of it's mixing nature. Games used Paula direct because there wasn't something else. Some later games in the mid/end '90 supported it. It has also a Paula direct mode.
Old 28 December 2019, 15:48   #82
jotd
This cat is no more

Yeah, but games used paula direct because they didn't need/want any library or the OS to play audio. But there are players (TFMX) that are able to play more than 4 channels at once (or possibly game engines). Still using hardware/custom code.
Old 10 January 2020, 23:59   #83
Daedalus

Decided to give the 5.3 version of this library a go, but can't get the example program to work under Amiblitz 3.7.3 on WinUAE. It compiles fine (for simplicity I changed the paths to ram:filename, but kept everything else the same), but just sits there silently mocking me. It quits fine when I right-click, and the debugger doesn't show any issues. The mod plays fine in HippoPlayer. Is there something I'm missing?
Old 11 January 2020, 20:35   #84
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Decided to give the 5.3 version of this library a go, but can't get the example program to work under Amiblitz 3.7.3 on WinUAE. It compiles fine (for simplicity I changed the paths to ram:filename, but kept everything else the same), but just sits there silently mocking me. It quits fine when I right-click, and the debugger doesn't show any issues. The mod plays fine in HippoPlayer. Is there something I'm missing?
Hmm, wait a minute. The pt library uses number 195, maybe that library number is used by another library in Amiblitz 3.7.3?
Old 12 January 2020, 01:05   #85
Daedalus

Yeah, there's one of the Lotan libraries that also uses 195 - that's an old one though from the Ultimate Blitz CD I think, it's also #195 in my Blitz 2.1 setup. But I changed the library number to 48 and rebuilt my deflibs with it, and the commands are recognised fine (though the library name itself is not).
Old 12 January 2020, 12:02   #86
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Yeah, there's one of the Lotan libraries that also uses 195 - that's an old one though from the Ultimate Blitz CD I think, it's also #195 in my Blitz 2.1 setup. But I changed the library number to 48 and rebuilt my deflibs with it, and the commands are recognised fine (though the library name itself is not).
I might have done something wrong when porting version 5.3 to Blitz Basic. I have no idea what though. I will do some testing myself as soon as I find the time.