English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 08 January 2020, 21:30   #1
keithshaw3

Flash floppy file selector problem

Hi all, first post, be kind!!

I have a problem with flash floppy file selector, I allocated my .adf files up to no.231 and it will let me select and allocate files beyond no.231 and saves them and shows in the system but once I reboot the files saved beyond no.231 are no longer there?

Any ideas?
Old 09 January 2020, 02:00   #2
R4M

I would suggest the LCD oder OLED mod:
https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/wiki/Hardware-Mods
That makes life so much easier. You can access your files by name and do not need to remember arbitrary numbers.
Old 09 January 2020, 16:21   #3
keithshaw3

I have an LCD screen, the problem is the files are no longer there (or showing on the LCD screen) once I reboot although they showed once saved
Old 09 January 2020, 16:44   #4
solarmon

With an LCD or OLED screen connected it is better/easier to just use FlashFloppy in native mode rather than HxC compatibility mode - see https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/wiki/Initial-Setup

What version of FlashFloppy are you using? I highly recommend the 3.x 'experimental' releases, but there is a 2.14 stable release that has fixed some HxC compatibility issues:

https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/releases
Old 09 January 2020, 17:47   #5
keithshaw3

Hi, yes have gone to native mode now as all adf's are in folders as per alphabet and is much easier to navigate.

The gotek was pre-loaded with flashfloppy 2.14, is it easy to flash to a newer version?

Also did you mean the bootloader or the firmware?

Im also having problems loading games with multiple disks, is this an issue with Flashfloppy?

I have tried the autoswap files as per the website but still have issues...

Thanks again for the help
Old 09 January 2020, 18:19   #6
solarmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithshaw3 View Post
Hi, yes have gone to native mode now as all adf's are in folders as per alphabet and is much easier to navigate.

The gotek was pre-loaded with flashfloppy 2.14, is it easy to flash to a newer version?

Also did you mean the bootloader or the firmware?

Im also having problems loading games with multiple disks, is this an issue with Flashfloppy?

I have tried the autoswap files as per the website but still have issues...

Thanks again for the help
I'm not sure to jump from 2.x to 3.x whether you can just 'Firmware Update'. It is best to do a 'Firmware Programming' which will require additional tools and software.

Only certain/specific games are supported for the autoswap:

https://github.com/keirf/FF_AutoSwap/wiki
Old 10 February 2020, 11:28   #7
PDrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithshaw3 View Post
I have an LCD screen, the problem is the files are no longer there (or showing on the LCD screen) once I reboot although they showed once saved
Just the other day wrote about same problem on LemonAmiga.

I have one with Cortex 1.05 firmware and as DF0: it works just fine, but when using as DF1: saving works only under Kickstart 1.3 (tried also 2.0 and 3.1)

Saves just fine under newer Kickstarts too but the savings doen't really save, also some other strange behaviour when writing to the drive.