English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 22 December 2011, 13:00   #61
john4p
Competition Moderator

Looking really good now. Very much looking forward to this - especially because of online multiplayer.
Old 22 December 2011, 13:11   #62
seuden
uber cool demi god

I could kiss you P-J!
Old 22 December 2011, 13:14   #63
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Looking forward to this!
Old 22 December 2011, 13:34   #64
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

looking great...very accurate so far
Old 22 December 2011, 14:03   #65
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Yeah, looks great! I like the music clip you posted of the lotus 1 soundtrack - the first part is ok - I've heard better - but the second half is absolutely ace! You should definitely be proud of your efforts. I almost wanted to have another go at Lotus with your soundtrack looping in the background - just for the effect
Old 22 December 2011, 17:20   #66
P-J

Gradiented background? I've got to use those extra colours for something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
Yeah, looks great! I like the music clip you posted of the lotus 1 soundtrack - the first part is ok - I've heard better - but the second half is absolutely ace! You should definitely be proud of your efforts. I almost wanted to have another go at Lotus with your soundtrack looping in the background - just for the effect
Thanks man. Yeah, the first part is a bit gash, but I'd certainly re-record it with a view to a more professional production if I was going to use it.

I haven't even tried the other two tracks from Lotus 1 yet, but listening now I think they lend themselves well to that style so might have a go soon.

Last edited by P-J; 22 December 2011 at 17:47.
Old 22 December 2011, 18:16   #67
LotusGoblins

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro View Post
Ahh right ...

Yes a Lotus IV im sure would be great and maybe someone will do it but i think P-J is stuck on his remake and we are kind of looking forward to it that way
I think the fourth chapter we can do.

PJ, looking at the work you are doing, I must say you are doing a good job, but the game is only online?
Old 23 December 2011, 09:59   #68
john4p
Competition Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J View Post
The main reason for posting this message is to see if anyone has any ideas for features that could make the final game.
How about an online database with registered playertags and leaderboards with an ELO ranking system?
Old 31 December 2011, 14:47   #69
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusGoblins View Post
I think the fourth chapter we can do.

PJ, looking at the work you are doing, I must say you are doing a good job, but the game is only online?
To start with, yeah. But with a ton of collaborative features Could add in a single player mode after its done.
Old 31 December 2011, 15:33   #70
Paul_s

Something I would love to see is the 'red zone speed' increase from Lotus III being used. It gave a lot more playability imo and a bit more fun
Old 01 January 2012, 01:28   #71
Dunny

P-J, you need some serious Sega-style parallax scrolling in the backgrounds (hills/clouds). That would rock.

D.
Old 02 January 2012, 17:28   #72
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
Something I would love to see is the 'red zone speed' increase from Lotus III being used. It gave a lot more playability imo and a bit more fun
Good shout. Could be useful to spice up the multiplayer games (otherwise might be a bit too close each time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
P-J, you need some serious Sega-style parallax scrolling in the backgrounds (hills/clouds). That would rock.

D.
I'll try it out sometime, see how it looks. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 03 January 2012, 20:02   #73
LotusGoblins

However, I would say my opinion, because twenty years have passed since the third chapter of the Lotus to date that we are in 2012, instead of doing a remake, it would be nice if you could create a fourth installment of the series, because if you can do the franchise Lotus does not spoil, even I think that will be the greatest game in the series, I dream that one quarter of these ores can be done capitlo series, this is my opinion.
Old 04 January 2012, 21:49   #74
Paul_s

Quote:
However, I would say my opinion, because twenty years have passed since the third chapter of the Lotus to date that we are in 2012, instead of doing a remake, it would be nice if you could create a fourth installment of the series, because if you can do the franchise Lotus does not spoil, even I think that will be the greatest game in the series, I dream that one quarter of these ores can be done capitlo series, this is my opinion.
How would you like the 'fourth' installment to look? Classic like the original series or based on newer 3D technology (which would spoil it imo).

It would be like making Back to the Future Part 4.... there's no Delorean and Marty is retired by now.

I think what P-J is offering is better but I am biased and prefer 'classic' looking games than new-gen games.
Old 04 January 2012, 22:16   #75
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

scrolling background fixed..... win!
Old 05 January 2012, 01:34   #76
AmigaFriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J View Post
Here's a video I've just taken. Just shows the perspective effect when you move left and right, modification to the part of the engine that draws the hills/slopes, and some basic cornering physics just so I can start to play the tracks and see how they feel.

[ Show youtube player ]

(Very short video!)
The game is turning out very nice. Did you realized that the car muffler switches sides when you turn?
Old 05 January 2012, 10:07   #77
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpect View Post
The game is turning out very nice. Did you realized that the car muffler switches sides when you turn?
Hehe yeah. It's just mirrored placeholder graphics
Old 05 January 2012, 16:28   #78
LotusGoblins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
How would you like the 'fourth' installment to look? Classic like the original series or based on newer 3D technology (which would spoil it imo).

It would be like making Back to the Future Part 4.... there's no Delorean and Marty is retired by now.

I think what P-J is offering is better but I am biased and prefer 'classic' looking games than new-gen games.
I think that making a fourth chapter of the Lotus, you have to create it in 3D, with graphics similar to the game "Gran Turismo", which is realistic. Then the inclusion of new environments, such as: the race in the savanna, rainforest, in an ancient city like Rome, with flooding in the streets, in the glaciers, hills, farms, lakes, road transport, even in a city in the Gothic style. I would say that Lotus would be great quarter, with these ideas, I think it can be very famous and make many sales, I'm 100%
Old 05 January 2012, 16:59   #79
Dreedo

Quote:
I think that making a fourth chapter of the Lotus, you have to create it in 3D, with graphics similar to the game "Gran Turismo", which is realistic. Then the inclusion of new environments, such as: the race in the savanna, rainforest, in an ancient city like Rome, with flooding in the streets, in the glaciers, hills, farms, lakes, road transport, even in a city in the Gothic style. I would say that Lotus would be great quarter, with these ideas, I think it can be very famous and make many sales, I'm 100%
Ever made a game? Didn't think so. :P

A game with graphics like Gran Turismo would cost a lot of money to make. 3D games in general are much harder than 2D ones.

I think P-J should stick with his current idea, maybe someone with several years experience of making 3D games would take up your idea.
Old 05 January 2012, 17:46   #80
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Oldskool 2D pixel art FTW.