English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 17 June 2009, 23:26   #21
EreWeGo

*Update* - I sorted it, I knew I'd managed to convert the Sensible Soccer pitch before! (I did one as a test when I was making my SWOS mod, and managed to find that file).

Not sure what happened this time, maybe something went screwy during unpacking, (I used RNCProPack and xfddecrunch). The ".CMP" file just stands for CompressedMaP.

Here's something interesting I found - In all the WHDLoad Sensible Soccer versions the two pitches are in .CMP format, but in the Sensible Soccer Internation Edition for CD32, the pitch files are in .CMP format and .MAP format! (The ones in .MAP format are already unpacked)

I just converted and editied the .MAP files, re-packed them and re-named them to .CMP, and seems to work fine with the non-CD32 version of Sensible Soccer IE.

Anyway, I'll carry on with messing about with these files, thanks anyway Horace!
Old 17 June 2009, 23:32   #22
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

glad it was something simple. I always found it annoying when SWOS called the compressed files '.raw' , even when compressed!

so you were able to uncompress the ones you wanted in the end, or you just used the CD32 ones instead? i'd be interested to know what caused the problem with unpacking.

i wouldnt like to say what i'm working on hacking up at the mo... although it also contains maps to play with all of its own (that doesnt really say much though does it?)

good luck with your updates.
Old 18 June 2009, 03:58   #23
EreWeGo

Hi Horace,

actually, it was just me having a *dumb* moment! I forgot to check my ArtPro settings, didn't notice that I was trying to load as "RAW" and not "RAW Interleaved"!

Ah well, sorted now anyway!

Hmmm, very cryptic there mate - now I'm really curious what you're working on! How many guesses do we get?

Good luck with whatever it is, I assume you'll post about it at some stage?

Thanks again mate.