English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 24 October 2008, 22:34   #1
s2325
Zone Friend

Turbo Star Grand Prix

http://hol.abime.net/3635/miscshot I can not find more info or adf.
Old 25 October 2008, 00:05   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Here's a thread where Turbo Star Grand Prix is mentioned : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=23553
Seems like the game was never released.
Old 25 October 2008, 18:50   #3
s2325
Zone Friend

thank you for information
Old 13 May 2011, 21:42   #4
thoddytph

Turbostar GrandPrix from TurtleByte

Yes, the game was never released.
First a few words about me. My name is Thorsten Heldt, living in Duisburg germany,now 42 years old.
I am one of the programmer of the game. Coders: Oliver Reese (essen Germany,Thorsten Heldt (Duisburg,Germany).
Graphics: Sascha Reese( Essen Germany , his brother) and Klaus Barchfeld (essen Germany.)The release should be january 1989. The Programm was 100% finished and 99.999 % buckfree, what is a lot for a programm complete written in assembler. Turtlebyte was newer satisfactioned. One programm change after another. After a while we have said , NO MORE CHANGES. Cover Design was changes two times. etc etc Two weeks later we had an court case. Months after months, it ended.After a comparison, we ask for our money for programming and turtlebyte ask for a lot of money for the promotion sales. (Packaging, Coverdesign, Full page (Full colour) announcements in magazines etc etc. That was it. We have not seen any cent, they also.
Two and a half year every free minute coding,scetching the grafik etc was for the A S S. At that time we were 18 years old. After that short time later Turtlebyte has closed.

The copyprotection was from the legandary H.G.Berg
Yes, the game has splitscreen. If it would the first racing game released in amiga history. A track designer for your own tracks was included.

Yes, i have the game, i have the sourcecode ,the graphics etc etc but i dont know if any from the 3,5" disc could be read after so long time.
24 years.

With regards Thorsten Heldt programmer of Turbostar GrandPrix

By the way, i am searching high density scans from the magazines, the game was anounced.

Old 13 May 2011, 22:08   #5
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoddytph View Post
The Programm was 100% finished and 99.999 % buckfree,
That's quite a bold statement. And considering that you didn't earn a single buck with the game, the typo is somewhat funny.
Old 13 May 2011, 22:14   #6
thoddytph

NO, not any buck....

Old 14 May 2011, 00:17   #7
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Quote:
Yes, i have the game, i have the sourcecode ,the graphics etc etc but i dont know if any from the 3,5" disc could be read after so long time.
24 years.
Maybe someone here can help you dump it If you dont have an Amiga anymore.
Old 24 May 2011, 11:16   #8
gogoac

Quote:

24 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
Maybe someone here can help you dump it If you dont have an Amiga anymore.

There must be someone who can help to dump it, so maybe another game can be saved!?
Old 22 May 2021, 00:27   #9
Subzero
Living and Legend

the game we got from him were, well , iam friendly, the game was not good quality... we in turtle byte decided to give no cent untill they managed, to deliver us a version which could be sold. but they didnt, so we didnt wanted the game anymore, and he meant we have to pay him, we refused.... not paying for games which were quality wise really worth, for a racing game i want smooth scrolling, split screen the same, so he promised, but couldnt deliver. btw. could be possible that the game lurking in one of the quarterbackup disks ....https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hlt1q2n1f...B1XE7KTma?dl=0
which could be read after 30yrs. but a bit complicated to work with qbackup's using an emu...
Old 22 May 2021, 03:04   #10
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero View Post
the game we got from him were, well , iam friendly, the game was not good quality... we in turtle byte decided to give no cent untill they managed, to deliver us a version which could be sold. but they didnt, so we didnt wanted the game anymore, and he meant we have to pay him, we refused.... not paying for games which were quality wise really worth, for a racing game i want smooth scrolling, split screen the same, so he promised, but couldnt deliver. btw. could be possible that the game lurking in one of the quarterbackup disks ....https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hlt1q2n1f...B1XE7KTma?dl=0
which could be read after 30yrs. but a bit complicated to work with qbackup's using an emu...
Hope its in there and someone can get it running- now I am curious to see if the scrolling is not so smooth etc.
Old 23 May 2021, 12:59   #11
Subzero
Living and Legend

well you'll have a laugh iam sure. wasnt even worth to release under skid row. and the protection was a standard disk protection the company used on all turtle byte games. a modified xcopy version from Frank Neuhaus (and H.G.Berg) which was simple and surely nothing special.the game was/is lame... thats my opinion. and thats why we havent paid those boneheads. ps: other software houses overhere refused to pay for such a game. too much bucks for too much bugs. and btw: we didnt closed after a short time, was a couple years later, but...
Old 30 May 2021, 07:08   #12
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero View Post
well you'll have a laugh iam sure. wasnt even worth to release under skid row. and the protection was a standard disk protection the company used on all turtle byte games. a modified xcopy version from Frank Neuhaus (and H.G.Berg) which was simple and surely nothing special.the game was/is lame... thats my opinion. and thats why we havent paid those boneheads. ps: other software houses overhere refused to pay for such a game. too much bucks for too much bugs. and btw: we didnt closed after a short time, was a couple years later, but...
Ouch, sounds like it was a bad game indeed.