English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 07 March 2018, 23:02   #1
Ian
Global Moderator

DamienD

Your PMs are full, and the other thread closed, so here is my two sence on it as somone who's been here from (almost) the begginning. I'll change it slightly though as to not upset others

Don't give up because of a back stabber mate. You are a good guy and actually have a laugh even at your own expense sometimes.

While it must be annoying/hurtful to know some one has gone against your wishes, it's no reason to give up looking after this site which you clearly like doing, as well as your pack (I was going to give it a look at some point - never got round to asking though due to not being that into Amigas at the moment - it's a 3 year cycle ).

I hope you have a change of heart. But if you do resign as a mod, don't leave the forums just because of one person. Your value is more than that.

Who knows you may find out who it is, and then be able to reassess how you feel.

Ultimately though, this was always going to happen (maybe not after giving it to only 20 people though). No one makes anything good these days that doesn't end up in a newsgroup or torrent site. Take it as a massive compliment that your labour of love is valued.

All the best.

Feel free to delete when you've read it pal.

Last edited by Ian; 07 March 2018 at 23:26.
Old 07 March 2018, 23:13   #2
AMIGASYSTEM

Damiano you're a good person and the forum needs good people, Computer and AMiGA I'm just a game, only important thing in life is health, ignore these bad people and stay with us (excuse my English).
Old 07 March 2018, 23:18   #3
emufan

I fully agree with what was said. so here we go again:
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 07 March 2018, 23:34   #4
AmigaBoy

What everyone else said. Also you're good looking (probably).
Old 07 March 2018, 23:54   #5
DamienD
Banned

Leaving...

Heya guys,

Firstly this thread most definitely belongs in this OT section

I personally thank all of you for sending me PMs telling me not to leave...

It's not something I really want to do but given what's happened, I have no choice.

I mean; I've given sooooo much to this community for over a decade now:

a) Moderated EAB (mostly by myself for the past 3 years) and dealt with loads of shit.
b) Constantly helped out people with questions / answers / solutions.
c) Tested every single WinUAE beta and provided feedback.
d) Created / uploaded loads of custom ADFs / HDFs / AmigaCD stuff that I've done myself.
e) Provided the complete 2016 TOSEC collection on the "EAB File Server" for all of you.
f) Am an admin of the EAB File Server, move and try to maintain things.
g) Donated numerous times to Toni, various game developers, game competitions etc. with my own hard earned funds.
h) Paid money to coders who were willing to attempt porting Atari ST games i.e. "Arctic Moves" and "Karateka" (meynaf, you are a LEGEND!!!).
i) Given my 12 year project to the EAB community (and 400 other random people who just joined up).
j) etc...

Anyway, as I said in my now closed thread; unfortunately my latest week's work got leaked within 24 hours

It's the hard truth but it could only have come from an EAB member that I trusted... there's no other logical explanation

...so, given this, it really is time for me to stop being a GM and disappear again like I did 8 years ago.

Don't worry; you still have 7 other Global Moderators here who will take care of things i.e:

1) BippyM
2) CodyJarrett
3) DH
4) Graham Humphrey
5) lilalurl
6) PortuguesePilot
7) prowler

...but for me; I'm done after the last month of abuse / shit I've had to go through!!!

I've already sent the PM to RCK but as he's not here often; the changes to my status haven't been processed yet.

Ciao,
D

Last edited by DamienD; 08 March 2018 at 00:00.
Old 07 March 2018, 23:55   #6
AmigaBoy

Old 08 March 2018, 01:31   #7
speshady

Real sad to hear that D, you are a credit to EAB.
Old 08 March 2018, 01:40   #8
Amiga1992

Nah man this is bullshit!
Come on, stick to us. Fair enough if you don't want to be a mod anymore. But don't throw away the good times and friendships formed here. Stay at EAB, do not disappear.
Old 08 March 2018, 03:22   #9
jmmijo

Sorry to hear this

I can understand it and take care
Old 08 March 2018, 08:46   #10
Viceroy

This is a disaster for the Amiga community!
Old 08 March 2018, 08:59   #11
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian View Post
[...] don't give up because of a back stabber mate. You are a good guy and actually have a laugh even at your own expense sometimes.

While it must be annoying/hurtful to know some one has gone against your wishes, it's no reason to give up looking after this site which you clearly like doing, as well as your pack [...].

I hope you have a change of heart. But if you do resign as a mod, don't leave the forums just because of one person. Your value is more than that.

Who knows you may find out who it is, and then be able to reassess how you feel.

Ultimately though, this was always going to happen (maybe not after giving it to only 20 people though). No one makes anything good these days that doesn't end up in a newsgroup or torrent site. Take it as a massive compliment that your labour of love is valued.

All the best. [...]
+1
For all the work you have done so far :
Old 08 March 2018, 09:36   #12
Ian
Global Moderator

So 8 GM's yet you did it all. Time for a refresh obviously then.

Don't rage quit though. There 50, 60, 100 active members that haven't done this to you. Surely that far outweighs the one prick that did.

Take a few days to have a proper think about it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Old 08 March 2018, 09:43   #13
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

If Ian & DamienD agree, I think his tread can be merged here.
Old 08 March 2018, 10:13   #14
1time
Amiga Lover

So sad. DamienD, dont do this ;(

And to the backstabber that thought he did a good thing for the community by spreading this and intentionally hurt DamienD. I can just say that ppl like you don't belong here! You are single handed one of the reasons communities like this dies. Hope you are proud of yourself.
Old 08 March 2018, 10:34   #15
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

If I may. I felt in a similar way a few years back, was going to turn my back on I place I call home because of the actions of one person.

I had overwhelming support to not go and after some thoughts over a couple of days, I stayed.

You and I havent always seen eye to eye, but i appreciate the work you do even if some of it doesnt interest me, I wouldnt have the patience or time for some of the stuff you do.

You are allowing a person you likely dont know to decide for you what you do or dont do, and frankly, thats mental.

Sometimes shit happens, its out of our control, c'est la vie.

Your choice obviously, just so long as its YOUR choice and not the leaker.
Old 08 March 2018, 10:39   #16
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
If Ian & DamienD agree, I think his tread can be merged here.
Fine, threads merged.
Old 08 March 2018, 10:47   #17
Allen1

Damien I have only just read about your decision and I really hope you will stay, As its already been said, the actions of one prick can and has caused great harm to the community. If you go then that is a very big loss for all of us at EAB and I think that things would never be the same so please reconsider what your options are but at the very least still be an active member and hopefully keep your position because you earned it.

Yes this is a bit selfish (of me) but I enjoy the banter on here and the way things are run plus knowledge of the members and the help that is at hand if needed. Please stay as this is a community and you are a very big part of it.

All the best,
Allen.
Old 08 March 2018, 10:49   #18
Amigajay

Dont go dude, as you can see, and as you must know in your heart most people on here are decent people and never let the actions of one person spoil your enjoyment of something.

As with others, take a short break, reflect on things and whilst i dont know whats happened, there are people myself included who have thanked you many times for your work and help on projects and certainly dont want you to leave!
Old 08 March 2018, 11:13   #19
shotgunfacelift

Listen to your mind Damien. If you think you feel better elsewhere just go at it. Nothing will prevent a comeback except yourself. There's little material reward for keeping this whole Amiga thing alive, thanks a lot for everything you did already.
Old 08 March 2018, 11:14   #20
haps
Rumpig

You already know how I feel DD, but I will show my support for you here as well.

You are a pillar of the community! An outstanding, hard working moderator. A generous and all round top bloke!

It is a sad situation when the actions of one insignificant turd cause such a well liked and respected member want to pack it all in.