English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 31 May 2020, 17:11   #1
rygar
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 282
Latest SPS DAT file?

Could someone post latest AMIGA SPS DAT file?
rygar is offline  
Old 31 May 2020, 17:46   #2
Viceroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 574
Is the SPS file the same as the No-Intro Dat file?
If so, it's on here https://datomatic.no-intro.org/?page=download
Viceroy is offline  
Old 31 May 2020, 21:32   #3
rygar
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
Is the SPS file the same as the No-Intro Dat file?
If so, it's on here https://datomatic.no-intro.org/?page=download

It's old one and different from official SPS.
rygar is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 19:39   #4
haynor666
retro maniac

haynor666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tarnobrzeg/Poland
Age: 41
Posts: 1,717
I've sent You latest SPS dat but it has all sets, not only amiga.
haynor666 is offline  
Old 02 June 2020, 00:20   #5
rygar
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by haynor666 View Post
I've sent You latest SPS dat but it has all sets, not only amiga.

Thank you a lot...it's what i was looking for
rygar is offline  
Old 02 June 2020, 05:20   #6
Viceroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 574
What's the difference between SPS & No-Intro?
Viceroy is offline  
Old 02 June 2020, 11:11   #7
Ian
Global Moderator

Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 42
Posts: 2,212
No intro also included unofficial SPS files as I recall.
Ian is online now  
Old 02 June 2020, 12:24   #8
Viceroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
No intro also included unofficial SPS files as I recall.
Cheers Ian
Viceroy is offline  
Old 02 June 2020, 18:03   #9
rygar
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
What's the difference between SPS & No-Intro?

No-Intro don't have all IPF sets just what was found so far. SPS list have all (?) dumped IPFs so you can compare it to your collection and you'll find out what are you missing.

BTW
I found also list online:
http://sasfepu78.fr/SPS_Full_Table/Sps_Full_table.php
rygar is offline  
Old 02 June 2020, 19:18   #10
Viceroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by rygar View Post
No-Intro don't have all IPF sets just what was found so far. SPS list have all (?) dumped IPFs so you can compare it to your collection and you'll find out what are you missing.

BTW
I found also list online:
http://sasfepu78.fr/SPS_Full_Table/Sps_Full_table.php
I would also need dat please ;-) Is it the same as the SPS set in TOSEC?
Viceroy is offline  
Old 02 June 2020, 21:24   #11
rygar
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
I would also need dat please ;-) Is it the same as the SPS set in TOSEC?

Ask haynor666 about this DAT. I don't want to distribute his work without permission.

It's different to TOSEC....it's the same situation as for No-Intro...TOSEC contains only files which are available...
rygar is offline  
Old 02 June 2020, 21:31   #12
Viceroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by rygar View Post
Ask haynor666 about this DAT. I don't want to distribute his work without permission.

It's different to TOSEC....it's the same situation as for No-Intro...TOSEC contains only files which are available...
I'm a bit lost here Rygar? How can SPS have files that are not available?
Viceroy is offline  
Old 03 June 2020, 08:30   #13
Viceroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 574
Are there now 3 sets of IPF images?

CAPSDI
SPS
No-Intro

Which set is the best to collect and why please?
Viceroy is offline  
Old 03 June 2020, 10:47   #14
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 16,305
All posts moved out of the SPS (CAPS) miss list thread to this new one.
DamienD is offline  
Old 03 June 2020, 12:26   #15
BarryB
Amigaholic

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,315
There are 12 missing releases from the official SPS Amiga IPF's, all the IPFs minus those 12 can be found on the FTP.

As i've mentioned before, there are 2 that have been dumped by members on EAB and the IPF made available but the official IPF has never been released, Stoppt den Calippo Fresser & Downhill Challenge.

So we should be down to 10 missing!
BarryB is offline  
Old 03 June 2020, 12:42   #16
Ian
Global Moderator

Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 42
Posts: 2,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
Are there now 3 sets of IPF images?

CAPSDI
SPS
No-Intro

Which set is the best to collect and why please?
No there's one set, SPS, CAPSDI was a group of people (one was ex CAPS/SPS alledgedly that downloaded everything that was on the server then shared it), others who had images an no place to distribute them also uploaded to CAPSDI.

CAPS changed their name to SPS some time ago, and that remains the only official dat, I believe this can be downloaded from their website freely by anyone.

No-intro are the same files that are available, plus several hundred unofficial IPFs that have been released in the past couple of years when it became possible for people to make IPFs themselves.

As these aren't verified dumps, there's little point in having them as IPFs in my opinion, but some people got to have everything.
Ian is online now  
Old 03 June 2020, 15:23   #17
Viceroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
No there's one set, SPS, CAPSDI was a group of people (one was ex CAPS/SPS alledgedly that downloaded everything that was on the server then shared it), others who had images an no place to distribute them also uploaded to CAPSDI.

CAPS changed their name to SPS some time ago, and that remains the only official dat, I believe this can be downloaded from their website freely by anyone.

No-intro are the same files that are available, plus several hundred unofficial IPFs that have been released in the past couple of years when it became possible for people to make IPFs themselves.

As these aren't verified dumps, there's little point in having them as IPFs in my opinion, but some people got to have everything.
Thanks again Ian, that puts me in the picture now ;-)
Just need to locate the latest dat file?
Viceroy is offline  
Old 04 June 2020, 14:55   #18
Viceroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 574
Any chance of the dat please I've sent Pm
Viceroy is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amiga MIA SPS images.dat bobrpggamer project.SPS (was CAPS) 5 29 July 2019 13:32
Non TOSEC SPS dat bobrpggamer project.TOSEC (amiga only) 4 26 July 2019 08:51
ClrMamePro DAT file? jmub project.SPS (was CAPS) 3 28 March 2009 20:08
1.2 to 1.3 updates, plus another q. [problems with SPS CMP dat] Qun Mang project.MAGE 16 20 June 2007 21:32
need a .txt file of the latest official games .adf TOSEC .dat Overdoc project.TOSEC (amiga only) 19 01 November 2006 15:37

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09180 seconds with 15 queries