English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 April 2014, 23:10   #1
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Lemon Sites Down Again

Both lemon amiga and c64 are down as of this afternoon (1.4.14)

I wonder what the problem is?
Old 02 April 2014, 02:02   #2
DH
Global Moderator

I wouldn't worry, iirc this is just a minor (Dammit! I'm late paying the server fees) glitch
Old 02 April 2014, 11:23   #3
chromium

Yeah, I've been trying to get on all day.
Old 02 April 2014, 15:29   #4
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Direct Debit?
Old 02 April 2014, 18:41   #5
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

You should be used to it Lifeschool being a regular member. It seems to go offline (suspended) every 2 or 3 months (or is it just me?).

FYI: It is still down now (5:42pm UK time 2nd April 2014).
Old 02 April 2014, 22:47   #6
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Yeah, I am so used to it that I made this thread so I could bump it every 2 or 3 months and the title will speak for itself.
But I dont think this thread comes up in the 'Today's Posts' bit?

Its no big deal but the C64 compo was getting rather hot and I wanted to see what's happening as regards rulez and stuff due to possible milking. I cant play the game until I find out. The Amiga compo is a bit dead, as seen by the lack of votes.

Hopefully the news will be better tomorrow.
Old 02 April 2014, 23:47   #7
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
Yeah, I am so used to it that I made this thread so I could bump it every 2 or 3 months and the title will speak for itself.
But I dont think this thread comes up in the 'Today's Posts' bit?
That particular problem can be solved by moving this thread to the Amiga Scene forum, at least until the Lemon sites are back up.
Old 03 April 2014, 01:12   #8
plume

@lifeschool

Yeah, It's getting a little worrying now, seen a few of these over the years but don't recall Lemon being out for this long before Hopefully all is ok, I really want to dig in to Berzerk over the weekend. Master Ghost is waiting, I can smell him...

Old 03 April 2014, 02:06   #9
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've seen this problem with Lemon right now. I was watching some videos on Youtube and now searching a review of Back to The Future part I, to know why it is so bad .... and why the second part is so good . I'm really starting using the C= after a couple of years (I've made a compilation of 600 games for the Ultimate II that I'm using now). Today I've been playing Berzerk Redux, Pacman and Bomberman . The Commodore 64 keeps being incredible, but I can not believe the music that plays on Back to the future II when you grab a car with the Skate (4'22"... or also 6'50") [ Show youtube player ] I've got to try this game for real, and I love its music.

Last edited by Retrofan; 03 April 2014 at 03:23.
Old 03 April 2014, 08:14   #10
Cpt. Hindsight

The morning of April, 3rd and the sites are still down.

@Retrofan: I don't think you'll hear that music in the game. I didn't play it myself, but (besides the quality is far too good for the C64) there's no sign of it in the SID. http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=542
Old 03 April 2014, 09:47   #11
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Hindsight View Post
The morning of April, 3rd and the sites are still down.

@Retrofan: I don't think you'll hear that music in the game. I didn't play it myself, but (besides the quality is far too good for the C64) there's no sign of it in the SID. http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=542
Yes, it can not be, but he made it right mixing there that music, he didn't comment anything in the description of the video and no response seems to notice. Anyway now I've got the curiosity to try that game, and the music (the real one) is great.

... Yes, Lemon keeps down still.
Old 03 April 2014, 13:59   #12
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
That particular problem can be solved by moving this thread to the Amiga Scene forum.
Thanks Prowler, you always seem to be so quickly on the ball.

@ Plume, Good to see you made it to EAB to find out about the C64, lol. Yes that game is insane and should carry a health warning as regards extreme addictability.

@ Retrofan - I can make a playguide video to the C64 version of BTTF1 if you like? I ran a poll on Lem64 to see if that game was a potential candidate for review but no-one voted for this. I hope a few people like my reviews as today I had a guy saying my voice is so boring is spoils the games.
Old 03 April 2014, 14:18   #13
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

That would be nice, lifeschool. I've found a site with C64's walkthroughs, and there is a video on Youtube for the speccy, but I find a bit difficult to hit Biff Tannen and to make his father stay with his mother...
Old 03 April 2014, 19:27   #14
Biscuit
Baked Produce

It will come back, it will come back.
Old 03 April 2014, 19:39   #15
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

It always does I remember a few years ago we had quite a few refugees from Lemon for a few weeks, but I keep my fingers crossed it won't take that long this time: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=37735
Old 03 April 2014, 21:24   #16
plume

@ lifeschool

Hehe, cheers mate Yeah, figured I'd better register after a couple of years lurking!

Old 03 April 2014, 22:57   #17
lukassid

lemon 64 we need you. come back soon.
Old 04 April 2014, 15:13   #18
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Still Down.

Lets hope somebody somewhere is fixing something.

Last edited by lifeschool; 04 April 2014 at 15:22.
Old 04 April 2014, 20:43   #19
john1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
Its no big deal but the C64 compo was getting rather hot and I wanted to see what's happening as regards rulez and stuff due to possible milking.
What do you mean? I didn't see any problems with possible milking in Berzerk, unless you mean the master robot room? But instructions were posted so anyone could go for that first off.

Been really enjoying it so far, quick and addictive.

Quote:
Still Down.

Lets hope somebody somewhere is fixing something.
Apparently whatever dispute is going on has caused Kim to decide to move hosts, so it could be a while
Old 05 April 2014, 13:27   #20
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1979 View Post
unless you mean the master robot room?
Yeah, I was wondering if it was possible to loop the master robot room. I guess I should just play normally and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1979 View Post
Apparently whatever dispute is going on has caused Kim to decide to move hosts, so it could be a while
Thanks for the update! I knew this had to be more than some domain name issue, as the domain still works.

This is good - there are lots of hosts out there who do not charge so much for hosting php sites, and some I have found will host for free depending on a few things like a small ad in the bottom corner. I'd rather he used a cheaper host server than go the 'Donate to keep this site Alive' route, where the server fees are paid for by the fans - just because there are ways to get cheaper/free hosting without the overheads. If this is not possible, then I guess using a Donate system like EAB may be helpful. But again - server fees are inflated. The only cost to a server company is the power it takes to keep a server running, and any home PC can be converted to be used as a server without any extra hardware.

Best of luck to Kim, I know something good will come from this.