English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 27 October 2006, 14:13   #61
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0
@blade002
Its okay man, i dont need any appologies.. both you and shillard express the duality of my feelings towards yet another possible purchase of amiga,

you my friend, see the possibilites and shillard expresses the pain and hurt of decades of completely getting f*cked over by CBM,GW,AT,AI etc... and how dare yet another company try its hand at it....
Cheers mate. Yeah i completely gave up on any chance of the Amiga returning actually quite long ago due to all these companies screwing the Amiga left right and center too, but in 2006 i dont want to let that be an issue anymore, because if nothing is done the Amiga will still be dead anyway. So it cant hurt if Pyromania attempts this.

Like i said, what is the worst that can come of it. We end up back where we are now which is nowhere!?.

So thanks for your input Zetro, its greatly appreciated.
Old 27 October 2006, 16:53   #62
Outcast

Well, I left Perth W.A in 1983 to live in UK so I missed whatever advertising there might have been on antipodean soil.

Here in UK, apart from one stroke of genius (Commodore booked the Huge billboard that stood right outside Segas UK headquarters) there was paractically ZERO advertising. It was all word of mouth.

YOu must've been burned pretty bad by some ex commodore dude to hold such an acidic attitude to any future attempts to help you be able to purchase a new model.

Did you buy an AmigaOne SE perchance ?

If so then I understand your angst.

It was fortunate stroke of fate that made me wait a couple of months and then buy an XE, which, touch wood is still running to this day.

As far as me paypal'ing you some dosh...

I had no problems paying Jahc for Wookiechat long before most of the bugx were ironed out.

Same for beans TuneNET

Or for me personally financing two of the four Big Bash events.

what are you going to do to help the Amiga community that woud warrent money ?
Old 27 October 2006, 20:23   #63
snowman040

I only see one bad thing in "nothing is done this time" : today it's pain in the back to get all IP, patents, licences, etc sorted out and in one place - after another failure it will be impossible.

I just hope Pyro and DFX have business plan and the money to do things right, I have a plan - but don't have money
Old 27 October 2006, 22:37   #64
shillard

Burned, schmurned.

AmigaOne means nothing to me, the last Amiga produced was the A4000T.

What you poor, deluded souls interpret as pain, hurt, etc is simply an awareness of the reality of planet Earth.

ANYONE wanting to perform some kind of Amiga resurrection, even for the pathetically small niche market remaining today, is doomed to failure. It simply isn't a commercially viable enterprise, and you would never get a return on your investment.

Why would anyone with any sense through money at such an endeavor, when they could put their money to far better use elsewhere?

Simple - they wouldn't.

I don't see the Amiga + Amiga community as having been "Screwed" by anyone. The simple fact is the Amiga ceased to be a commercially viable platform for anything but niche software/ spares/ add-ons in the mid 1990s.

You've got about as much chance as getting the Leyland P76 back in production.
Old 28 October 2006, 01:42   #65
Ultron
Something

Calm down buds!

Just two more weeks ! ! !
Old 28 October 2006, 03:15   #66
Pyromania

Total Amiga #19, that is available free to download gives great insight to the founder of DiscreetFX and how he feels about Amiga.

http://www.totalamiga.org/backissues2.html
Old 28 October 2006, 04:01   #67
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania
Total Amiga #19, that is available free to download gives great insight to the founder of DiscreetFX and how he feels about Amiga.

Thankyou Pyromania. Its a fantastic article
Old 28 October 2006, 04:58   #68
Outcast

The Commodore advert I was refering to...

Old 28 October 2006, 06:17   #69
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillard
Ah, the voice of experience.

I'd be interested in learning what lofty goals you have set and achieved in the face of adversity, to be so sure of your opinion?

Please - share with us all.

When you're done, since you're so keen on the imminent Amiga resurrection, perhaps you would be interested in buying the Sydney Harbour Bridge off me? Or these magic beans I've had laying around for some time....

Seriously dude, get off the grass.
Your words are falling on deaf ears, ears tuned to the drumbeat of irrational, inconcievably sanguine, fanaticism.
Old 28 October 2006, 11:22   #70
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Outcast

from a marketing point of view, that clearly is classic.
Old 28 October 2006, 13:08   #71
Graham Humphrey

@shillard:

To be fair, I don't think people are being deluded by wishing the guy luck... I haven't seen anyone on here who genuinely thinks this will come off (let's face it, it almost certainly won't) - they'd like it to, but they aren't expecting anything. There's a big difference - I'd like to win the lottery, but it's not going to happen!

But there's no excuse for being patronising and insulting towards people who are merely offering a bit of encouragement. You probably think you're being so big and clever but you're not impressing anyone.

If you really want deluded, check out AmigaWorld.
Old 28 October 2006, 14:53   #72
shillard

"Let's all get behind him," "I'll put 50 pounds in the post," "This could finally be it," - nah, no evidence of delusion at all.

More chance of getting a toilet seat made out of solid gold.

Still waiting for some very simple answers to some very simple questions - I strongly suspect that none will be forthcoming.

There's only one consolation in being right about bad news - being able to sit back and say "I told you so".
Old 28 October 2006, 20:06   #73
Outcast

I guess some of us can afford to be deluded.

The deluded also get called another name... Venture Capitalists.

Well, I don't expect to get any finacial return, but if it helps the situation then kewl.

Oh .. And I'd rather give £50 to a dero than piss it up the wall.
Old 28 October 2006, 20:49   #74
Marcuz

i agree with Graham: nobody has really said "i'll buy anything that comes out of the ass of someone just because is called amiga" just people wishing good luck to a venture sponsored buy a member here. and why not?
to declare that it will be for sure a success and declare to buy the product or, at the opposite, declare it will be surely a failure and that people is stupid and deluded because is potentially interested in that is really cheap in a board, protected by the position and status of passer-by.
the same amount of delusion is in any blind customer and in any harsh commenter.
it's real cheap also to bask in the anonymate and say that people that don't agree with one' statements is stupid, because said statement is evidently true. in the end why one should pay mind to one other' ideas as well then?
cool off guys, nothing to see.
Old 29 October 2006, 02:38   #75
Ultron
Something

Hello!

Shinquay!

I am entrepeneur from kazakhstan!

And i send 10 dollar of america.

When i get Z80 base Amiga computer?

You send?

It is agreement?

I am very sucessful entreprise person. This will be success.

We venture the capital. Then we get very rich.

This is nice! yes?

The future has smile on it's face.
Old 29 October 2006, 04:14   #76
shillard

Oh man, I haven't laughed so much since Borat visited that dating agency and asked for "woman who is tiiiight, like man's anus."
Old 29 October 2006, 05:48   #77
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
"Let's all get behind him," "I'll put 50 pounds in the post," "This could finally be it," - nah, no evidence of delusion at all.

More chance of getting a toilet seat made out of solid gold.

Still waiting for some very simple answers to some very simple questions - I strongly suspect that none will be forthcoming.

There's only one consolation in being right about bad news - being able to sit back and say "I told you so".

Why do you keep thinking its all about us sending money to support this?. Encouragement is all that is needed, and if some do decided to help financially then so be it. There is absolutely no point, and there is absolutely nothing to be gained from constantly saying everyone is deluded, and that its all wrong. Nothing!!!..

And if it does turn out to be nothing, and nothing does come of it and you say " I told you so ", then it still doesnt matter how you thought it wasnt going to happen. Even if you do turn out to be right, i would still not take back any of the support i gave the man, and i would still never think that the encouragement i gave was wrong.

You act like you have the world all sussed out and that you have all of lifes answers, and that no one is as wise as yourself.. Do you drive around looking at everyone else thinking " god im good ( looks at himsef in the revision mirror and blows a kiss ), look at all these suckers " ?.
Old 29 October 2006, 06:10   #78
shillard

I thought you were done with the personal shit?

So let's ad "hypocrite and liar" to the growing list of clearly evident faults.
Old 29 October 2006, 07:15   #79
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
I thought you were done with the personal shit?

So let's ad "hypocrite and liar" to the growing list of clearly evident faults.
Well its the only language you know, and you still give the impression and vibe of being someone for whom is arrogant, self righteous and of better character and knowledge than the rest of us.

You reap what you sow, and you have sown the seeds of arrogance very well.
Old 29 October 2006, 08:00   #80
Unknown_K

Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania

Interesting article, that guy realy hates Adobe Premiere.

Any clue how many toaster cards for the PC were ever sold?