English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 25 January 2015, 22:23   #1
Snake79

Question Toccata setup question

Hello. How to setup Toccata in AmigaOS4.1FE? I have set Toccata Z2 sound card emulation in Expansions tab and transfered toccata.library (v14 or v12) to Libs, but without success... I still don't have Toccata in AHI Prefs... What else i have to do? Please help
EDIT: Ok, i have downloaded and transfered files from ppc-amigaos-ahiusr.lha and m68k-amigaos-ahidrv-6.0.lha to the right locations and then Toccata appeared in AHI Prefs, but still don't have any sound...

Last edited by Snake79; 26 January 2015 at 00:15.
Old 26 January 2015, 01:27   #2
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake79 View Post
Hello. How to setup Toccata in AmigaOS4.1FE? I have set Toccata Z2 sound card emulation in Expansions tab and transfered toccata.library (v14 or v12) to Libs, but without success... I still don't have Toccata in AHI Prefs... What else i have to do? Please help
EDIT: Ok, i have downloaded and transfered files from ppc-amigaos-ahiusr.lha and m68k-amigaos-ahidrv-6.0.lha to the right locations and then Toccata appeared in AHI Prefs, but still don't have any sound...
Thats normal.
I get this too. AHI prefs doesnt give out sound randomly.
If I go to tunenet, I get sound fine with Toccata selected.
Old 26 January 2015, 10:55   #3
Snake79

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Thats normal.
I get this too. AHI prefs doesnt give out sound randomly.
If I go to tunenet, I get sound fine with Toccata selected.
I will check it again (after work). Thanks.
Old 26 January 2015, 21:03   #4
Snake79

Toccata setup WORKING

Hi there. I have checked my setup again and it is working fine. AHI Prefs is playing test sound randomly as you said. The needed package is m68k-amigaos-ahidrv.lha. Needed files from it are: toccata.audio, toccata.audio.000 (AHI) and TOCCATA (AudioModes) that goes to devs. The last one is toccata.library (toclib12.lha or toccatav141.zip) and goes to libs. The reset is recommended. I have setup AHI Prefs to Toccata, then TuneNet (set Audio Mode / AHI Mode to Toccata), downloaded mpega.library automaticaly and it is playing mp3s fine. Thanks!
PS. Don't forget to tick Toccata Z2 sound card emulation in Expansions of WinUAE before.
I wonder, what are differences between Toccata: HIFI 16bit and Unit 0: HIFI 16bit in sound production generally...

Last edited by Snake79; 26 January 2015 at 21:18.
Old 26 January 2015, 21:58   #5
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake79 View Post
Hi there. I have checked my setup again and it is working fine. AHI Prefs is playing test sound randomly as you said. The needed package is m68k-amigaos-ahidrv.lha. Needed files from it are: toccata.audio, toccata.audio.000 (AHI) and TOCCATA (AudioModes) that goes to devs. The last one is toccata.library (toclib12.lha or toccatav141.zip) and goes to libs. The reset is recommended. I have setup AHI Prefs to Toccata, then TuneNet (set Audio Mode / AHI Mode to Toccata), downloaded mpega.library automaticaly and it is playing mp3s fine. Thanks!
PS. Don't forget to tick Toccata Z2 sound card emulation in Expansions of WinUAE before.
I wonder, what are differences between Toccata: HIFI 16bit and Unit 0: HIFI 16bit in sound production generally...
Took me a few hours to get it working. If i switched from paula to toccata, it would work on sound test, after reset, startup sound would play for second then stop. Took me ages to realise it was working, even though ahi didnt show it.