English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 11 September 2014, 11:26   #121
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
@FOL He means as a compilation with the "Giana II" hack of Hard N Heavy. Maybe something like that is coming
Never saw the attraction of GGS, I hate the game with a passion.
Spose my Microscosm is someone elses Great Gina Sisters.
Old 11 September 2014, 12:13   #122
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Giana back in the day was so much fun, and the music brought the atmosphere to a high level. All time classic
Old 11 September 2014, 14:04   #123
Amiga_CDTV
Mind Walker

I just finished burning and printing my first physical copy; the Lemmings collection. Looks really nice! Would love to see a shelf full of these "new CD32" games

Now I just have to test whether my CD32 actually accepts these CD-Rs....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4802.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	41492  
Old 11 September 2014, 14:07   #124
earok

@Amiga_CDTV That came out very nicely good luck!

@FOL I admit I haven't played Microcosm yet, though I really enjoyed Novastorm for DOS. Wish they had brought that to CD32!
Old 11 September 2014, 18:24   #125
Amiga_CDTV
Mind Walker

... and yes: tested and it works! (For reference; a Verbatim CD-R, burnt at 10x speed). Inside the case is a place for a pass-code sheet, better print one.

Oh no!.. Lemmings indeed loads slowly and the screen flashing is a bit weird (also on Lemmings 2), but a nice collection anyway.
Old 11 September 2014, 22:29   #126
iXien

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Giana back in the day was so much fun, and the music brought the atmosphere to a high level. All time classic
It is certainly a good memory for childs that played it on their computer, searching to believe they did not need a NES to play the best platform game. But of course it was possible to think that only if you never played Super Mario Bros before. GGS is a pale imitation of a game of another level. Graphics and playability are awful for any retrogamer that want to discover this "legend", I fear.

But you know, when I was a child, I was also thinking Ghost'n Goblins on Amstrad CPC was the best adaptation of the famous CAPCOM game... Embarrassing... But ultimately, our child memories are more precious than any pragmatic analysis made nowadays
Old 11 September 2014, 23:49   #127
ransom1122

But ultimately, our child memories are more precious than any pragmatic analysis made nowadays

Very true. ...
Old 12 September 2014, 06:00   #128
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Microscosm is a great game as well, I wouldn't knock it. Graphically it reminds me a lot of Cryo's Megarace for some strange reason. Anyhow, back to topic I guess.

Keep up the amazing work, your work is great I look forward to it a lot
Old 12 September 2014, 08:20   #129
iXien

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Microscosm is a great game as well, I wouldn't knock it. Graphically it reminds me a lot of Cryo's Megarace for some strange reason. Anyhow, back to topic I guess.
Let us not be blinded by nostalgia. Microcosm has never been a good game. It was highly awaited and press pulverized it rightly when it has been released. CD32 and MegaCD lovers just tend to like it because it takes advantage of the technical capabilities of these systems. But for PC/3D0/FMTowns players, it has always been just a crappy game

But yes, back to topic. earok, How do you proceed to create autoboot CDTV CDs ?

Last edited by iXien; 12 September 2014 at 08:39.
Old 12 September 2014, 11:12   #130
earok

Alien Breed 3D II: The Killing Grounds (2mb)

Old 12 September 2014, 11:20   #131
earok

@iXien I've never attempted to make a CDTV bootable disk, but in theory it's very similar to doing a CD32 one. Although I use the CDTV compatible trademark file in these releases, I'm not running the "RMTM" command so none of the games are likely to boot.

If there's any demand for CDTV backwards compatibility I could work out which ones will run on a CDTV and fix them accordingly.
Old 12 September 2014, 12:19   #132
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
@earok.

Thanks for all of these!
I really liked TKG on my 060 A1200.
I am intrigued to see how the CD32 will fair with it???
Old 12 September 2014, 12:37   #133
earok

@DDNI cheers!

Not that this saying much, but I'd say no worse than Alien Breed 3D 1 did
Old 12 September 2014, 21:06   #134
iXien

Quote:
@iXien I've never attempted to make a CDTV bootable disk, but in theory it's very similar to doing a CD32 one. Although I use the CDTV compatible trademark file in these releases, I'm not running the "RMTM" command so none of the games are likely to boot.

If there's any demand for CDTV backwards compatibility I could work out which ones will run on a CDTV and fix them accordingly.
I just seen that you use CDTV.TM on your CDs, so it is why I ask you about CDTV autoboot disk, even if it is to load them on a CD32. What I want to know is what CD-R burn software you are using, and how you configure it with the CDTV.TM to write autoboot CDs. I tried in the past, without any success
Old 12 September 2014, 21:15   #135
iXien

Quote:
@DDNI cheers!

Not that this saying much, but I'd say no worse than Alien Breed 3D 1 did
Do not be so sure ! AB3D 2 is a game far more greedy than AB3D, and it is certainly a reason why it hasn't been released officially on CD32.

Anyway, thank you earok ! AB3D 2 is clearly one of the games I wanted to see working on my CD32. And with save files to compensate the lack of ability to save while playing ? Marvellous ! Give us Slam Tilt and Worm's Director's Cut and I will be the happiest man in the world
Old 12 September 2014, 21:36   #136
iXien

Okay, I just burned the ISO, inserted the disk, turned on the CD32. I can see the TEAM17/OCEAN logo sequence then some loading (orange LED confirms it)... and black screen.

If I boot up holding the RED button : black screen after loading
Old 13 September 2014, 00:43   #137
earok

That's odd - Steve might have reported a similar issue to me, but since the game seems to work OK on my CD32 I wasn't able to replicate it.

Have you tried your burned disc with WinUAE to see if it works there? And did you see the controls screen or did it go straight to black after the team 17 logo?

Which port did you have the joypad plugged into? Are you able to try the control in the other port and holding down RED while booting?

Edit: Sorry I missed your other message about CDTV. I've never actually tried specifically doing a disk for CDTV so I'm not sure what you might be doing wrong. For making my CD32 disks I use the ISOCD utility to create the ISO (with the trademark file attached).

Last edited by earok; 13 September 2014 at 02:26.
Old 13 September 2014, 07:35   #138
iXien

Quote:
Sorry I missed your other message about CDTV. I've never actually tried specifically doing a disk for CDTV so I'm not sure what you might be doing wrong. For making my CD32 disks I use the ISOCD utility to create the ISO (with the trademark file attached).
What is ISOCD ? Amiga or Windows software ? Where I can get it ?
Old 13 September 2014, 07:47   #139
earok

It's Amiga software, this might be of some use - http://www.amigapd.com/cd32-toolkit-manual.html
Old 13 September 2014, 07:55   #140
iXien

Wonderful ! Thank you earok !

About AB3D2, next post as soon as I have time to retry with joypad in other port. It crashes before the IFF control screen.