English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 21 November 2008, 02:39   #561
pbareges

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorfiot View Post
@pbarages

I don't recall the "fixes" list included the reset issue.

I'm thinking the same as you, I don't really want to install the update unless it fixes this reset issue, the update process doesn't seem to be 100% troublefree, & I'm still waiting to see this "emergency reflash" adf image appear.
Everything else works fine for me with the 1.1 firmware and if it ain't broke.............

TBH I'm a little disapointed by IC with their lack of support or advice with their own product, from fitting issues or firmware fixes.

It's stopped me purchasing another unit at the moment.

TC
i know you said "little disappointed" but i really do not agree with you on this...when my vga output was unstable, IC quickly answered me with the proper fix to this (connecting ground to amiga ground)...they've been very reactive at first with almost weekly updates to the firmware and i'm sure they will come up before the end of the year with a fix for this!

they're among the very fews that support amiga community commercially with new designs very much needed!! i really thank them for that! and hope they will provide us with other hardware delights! (a cheap a1200 mobo 100% compatible with direct vga output in a tiny box!!! with 10h battery life!)

thanks anyway for the confirmation that this bug is not fixed!
Old 21 November 2008, 07:30   #562
Sallinen

OK - Got CBM Lisa revision of the A1200 motherboard - Indivision works great!
No more problems that I had with NCR Lisa:

Randomly when I had booted, WB screen would be rubbish, randomly after few reboots WB would be fine. No more with CBM Lisa

Wondering if different Lisa revisions have bug fixes or so.. I emailed Dave Haynie asking about it, let's see if he answers.
Old 21 November 2008, 11:54   #563
Sallinen

What software I need to enable screen power saving with Indivision AGA?

----

Got reply from Jens:

That's a piece of software we haven't released
yet. The screen power saving is activated by
totally switching off HSync and VSync signals,
and that needs a signal from a patched screen
blanker. We're working on that. However, what
we're trying before that is to separate the Sync
polarity settings for HighGFX vs. other screen
modes, as some monitors take the Sync polarity as
an indicator for the resolution. Again, this is
work-in-progress, I can't give a release date on that yet.

Last edited by Sallinen; 21 November 2008 at 13:53.
Old 21 November 2008, 15:46   #564
pbareges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallinen View Post
OK - Got CBM Lisa revision of the A1200 motherboard - Indivision works great!
No more problems that I had with NCR Lisa:

Randomly when I had booted, WB screen would be rubbish, randomly after few reboots WB would be fine. No more with CBM Lisa

Wondering if different Lisa revisions have bug fixes or so.. I emailed Dave Haynie asking about it, let's see if he answers.
i've also got the CBM LISA, at first boot (power-up) evrything is always perfect on mine...it's just when rebooting from software tools or when pressing ctrl+A+A too shortly that i get this faulty inits..and it's never rubbish it'S just factory defaults applied instead of my saved settings.
Old 22 November 2008, 20:16   #565
gmiaow
A Cat with a Fez

I got my Indivision AGA but sadly I am having a bit of trouble so far. Keep getting an "out of range" message when I power up. My panel is a digimate L 1718 (a cheap tesco 17" one probably similar to DDNI's but a bit older)

The native res is 1280 x 1024 and the
Scan Frequency: H:30-80KHz V:56-75Hz

I'll email IC after I've tried a few things but I can't test a different monitor for a few days. Is it worth updating the firmware and trying out a few things like HighGFX and so on (I can still watch through composite)? I have a HP Lisa ona 1d4 (I tried it on another motherboard of the same type) but I put it on pretty good and tried a few times.
Old 22 November 2008, 21:54   #566
gmiaow
A Cat with a Fez

Updated to 1.2 and tried a HighGFX screenmode, but no joy guess I'll try a different monitor
Old 23 November 2008, 03:22   #567
DJBase
Amiga is my Religion

Have you tried to change the Mode to x1.25 in the IndivisionConfig?
Old 23 November 2008, 05:13   #568
gmiaow
A Cat with a Fez

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBase View Post
Have you tried to change the Mode to x1.25 in the IndivisionConfig?
Had a go of that, it was 1.25 by default, but 1.0 made no difference so I've left it back to 1.25. Thanks though. I wish my monitor was more specific about what it thought was out of range, I had other ones which tell you what you are attempting to do.
Old 23 November 2008, 06:24   #569
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiaow View Post
Had a go of that, it was 1.25 by default, but 1.0 made no difference so I've left it back to 1.25. Thanks though. I wish my monitor was more specific about what it thought was out of range, I had other ones which tell you what you are attempting to do.
I had that on my monitor at one point. To fix it I removed all other monitor drivers and left just HighGFX in devs/monitors and then (after selecting HighGFX 1024x768), I changed the config progam to 'use display timing from standard settings'.
Old 23 November 2008, 23:09   #570
gmiaow
A Cat with a Fez

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
I had that on my monitor at one point. To fix it I removed all other monitor drivers and left just HighGFX in devs/monitors and then (after selecting HighGFX 1024x768), I changed the config progam to 'use display timing from standard settings'.
Could you get back the other modes after this worked though? I don't even get the "Invididual computers" logo when powering up.

I tried this with another monitor anyway and it worked, looks beautiful Definitely worth the €s Guess I'll be selling the cheap old monitor. Funny it was set to mode 1.00 and it didn't work on the other monitor, but when I set it to 1.25 and rebooted it did, so it must be important for compatibility.

Incidentally as it seems to output 800x600 by default for PAL - does anyone know if this necessary stretches on a widescreen monitor, (as opposed to lateral pillarboxing) or does that depend on how the given monitor handles resolutions?

Last edited by gmiaow; 23 November 2008 at 23:20.
Old 06 December 2008, 23:33   #571
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
re: gmiaow

Your monitor decides if it is going to stretch the 800X600 out to fill the screen or whether it will put up the black bars and maintain the 4:3 style ratio. Personally I don't understand it when people run 4:3 aspect ratios and stretch them to fit a 16:9 (or similar) format screen. My dell monitor / TV has a setting to go full screen or correct aspect ratio.
Old 07 December 2008, 12:49   #572
mingle

Hi,

I have two A1200; one old KS3.0 CBM one and a newer KS3.1 Escom one...

To avoid issues fitting the Indivison, would I be better off putting the KS3.1 ROMs in the old CBM A1200?

Are there any other significant differences between the CBM and Escom A1200 MBs?

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 07 December 2008, 12:53   #573
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingle View Post
Hi,

I have two A1200; one old KS3.0 CBM one and a newer KS3.1 Escom one...

To avoid issues fitting the Indivison, would I be better off putting the KS3.1 ROMs in the old CBM A1200?

Are there any other significant differences between the CBM and Escom A1200 MBs?

Cheers,

Mike.
The rom installed is irrelevent, check which Lisa chip is installed. Best is the CBM Lisa. The HP and NCR Lisa arent as good for the indivision.
Old 08 December 2008, 06:27   #574
mingle

Hi,

Yeah, I know the ROMs won't affect the Indivision, but my CBM A1200 is a bit old and yellowed, whereas my Escom A1200 is like new and has the 3.1 ROMS, what I'm wondering is whether I should just swap the motherboards/ROMs, so I'll have my nice clean Escom A1200 case with my old CBM mothboard inside with the KS3.1 ROMs?

I was just wondering whether there are any other (non-Indivision-related) improvements on the Escom motherboard that would make it worth keeping and just struggling with the HP Lisa issue...?

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 08 December 2008, 06:31   #575
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

The Lisa is the most important factor imo. I would swap out the motherboard with the better Lisa into the nicer case with the newer KS.
Old 08 December 2008, 12:22   #576
Sallinen

Yeah with CBM Lisa you're all fine - swapped my motherboard from NCR and no problems at all after that.
Old 08 December 2008, 13:55   #577
blade002
Zone Friend

After seeing an Indivision going in the flesh on off1k's newly purchased A1200 from Novacoder, i am VERY tempted to get one!, but thats $244 AU !! ( which is of course subject to change in todays volatile market )... maybe if i sold my external scan doubler i could put it towards getting one, but it looks a bit tricky to install and i don't want to destroy my beloved Amiga that i have had for 16 going on 17 years.

Is it quite tricky? ( i remember Novacoder the other night saying that Silicon helps the job somewhat )
Old 08 December 2008, 23:33   #578
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
After seeing an Indivision going in the flesh on off1k's newly purchased A1200 from Novacoder, i am VERY tempted to get one!, but thats $244 AU !! ( which is of course subject to change in todays volatile market )... maybe if i sold my external scan doubler i could put it towards getting one, but it looks a bit tricky to install and i don't want to destroy my beloved Amiga that i have had for 16 going on 17 years.

Is it quite tricky? ( i remember Novacoder the other night saying that Silicon helps the job somewhat )
Hiya,

Nope the basic install is pretty easy (10 min job), you only need to use silicon if you're paranoid like me (that little bugger isn't going anywhere!). If you want to get fancy you'll also need an old PC VGA backing plate and I'd also advise you to file down your lower heat-shield under the floppy drive to prevent cable damage. You can see all the pics here -> http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=40556

Last edited by NovaCoder; 09 December 2008 at 02:20.
Old 09 December 2008, 06:17   #579
mingle

@blade002,

I know what you mean - the price is a killer at the moment! I'm hoping the Aussie $ strengthens a bit more...

@novacoder,

What type of Lisa chip did you have to deal with? HP?

Are there other issues with the various brands Lisa chips apart from the physical fitting of the Indivision board?

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 09 December 2008, 06:23   #580
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingle View Post
Are there other issues with the various brands Lisa chips apart from the physical fitting of the Indivision board?
Yes.

The bad physical fit is what causes the problems. Earthing the indivision and shaving some of the socket may fix the problem.

The CBM Lisa is a perfect fit and has no issues.