English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04 December 2019, 15:00   #61
BULI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Rzeszów
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by movec View Post
Great, I don't have Win 10, glad to hear it works. Aspect ratio needs to be taken care of, yes. Depends on whether your monitor is set to stretch the picture or not, etc.



Resolution 320x180 works fine on my CRT TV.
The option of centering the image vertically in AGA_Blaster could be used.


I tested on Micro Drive 5GB, because CF card is slower.


On CD32 with fast ram (WicherCD32, transfer about 3,5MB/s) i have 20FPS in 320x180, sound 22050hz



On A1200 with fast ram (transfer about 2,1MB/s) i have 17FPS in 320x180, sound 16000hz



In my opinion wery well results- BIG thanks
BULI is offline  
Old 06 December 2019, 15:19   #62
SKOLMAN_MWS
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Poland
Posts: 156
@movec
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yafa.png
Views:	166
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	65434  
SKOLMAN_MWS is offline  
Old 06 December 2019, 17:11   #63
AMIGASYSTEM
Registered User
AMIGASYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brindisi (Italy)
Posts: 5,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by movec View Post
What's the video size and the frame rate? Does it include sound?
movec if it can help here are the info found on the file "Creamedbg.yafa"

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 16 December 2019 at 09:28.
AMIGASYSTEM is offline  
Old 07 December 2019, 14:47   #64
BULI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Rzeszów
Posts: 280
In default resolution 350x256 in 254 colors, and Sound 22050 I have on WicherCD32 14 FPS.

My Friend with the same movie on CD32 SX PRO (68030, and transfer from HDD about 1.7MBps) had about 17 FPS- better than me- that mean the speed of RAM (and CPU) is important.
BULI is offline  
Old 08 December 2019, 06:01   #65
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKOLMAN_MWS View Post
@movec
For this video with 176x120, 224 frames , HAM8, (one byte per pixel) and a files size of 3.67 MB, it's reducing the raw graphics data to about 78%.

Just for a rough comparison, if I simply run zip on my 17sec test video file, I also get about 78%. So there is some room for loss-less compression, but it isn't that dramatic either.

Is wildfire (from 1996) the only available yafa encoder?
https://aminet.net/package/gfx/misc/YAFA

Unfortunately, ffmpeg doesn't support the yafa format.
movec is offline  
Old 08 December 2019, 06:10   #66
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULI View Post
In default resolution 350x256 in 254 colors, and Sound 22050 I have on WicherCD32 14 FPS.

My Friend with the same movie on CD32 SX PRO (68030, and transfer from HDD about 1.7MBps) had about 17 FPS- better than me- that mean the speed of RAM (and CPU) is important.
If you run agablaster with option 'stats' what number do you (and your friend) get in lines
* Number of skipped video frames
* Max VERTB interrupt finish pos
* Audio frame buffer delays
* Video frame buffer delays

From that one can see how well the default config fits your system.
movec is offline  
Old 09 December 2019, 07:58   #67
BULI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Rzeszów
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by movec View Post
If you run agablaster with option 'stats' what number do you (and your friend) get in lines
* Number of skipped video frames
* Max VERTB interrupt finish pos
* Audio frame buffer delays
* Video frame buffer delays

From that one can see how well the default config fits your system.

False alarm.
My Friend made mistake.
He has about 12FPS in 320x256, and 17FPS in 320x180 in 256 colors.


BTW
If we have Black&White movie to convert, 64 colors are perfect (exactly 62 colors)- enough quality, less size, and more FPS
On my Friend's hardware (CD32 SX PRO 6030) in 64 colors in 320x256, frame rate get increase from 12 to 17 FPS :-)

Last edited by BULI; 09 December 2019 at 21:40.
BULI is offline  
Old 11 December 2019, 14:50   #68
BULI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Rzeszów
Posts: 280
About proper aspect ratio when we want to convert 16:9 video to screen Amiga PAL 320x256.
I thought that 320x180 is correct to TV CRT (4:3) screen, but isn't true, because Amiga make full screen in 320x256, not 320x240. So, if we want have proper aspect ratio, we must convert material 16:9 (eg 1920 x 1080) to 320x196.

Last edited by BULI; 12 December 2019 at 22:36.
BULI is offline  
Old 31 December 2019, 09:38   #69
BULI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Rzeszów
Posts: 280
AGABlaster use setting of Overscan?
We could use bigger resolution in NTSC!
BULI is offline  
Old 14 January 2020, 14:55   #70
Glen M
Registered User

 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Belfast
Posts: 676
I've been meaning to have a play with this software so I've downloaded the latest version along with the samples to try out later on my CD32.

I'll also have a go at the encoding process later but one quick question. Is there any requirement for the format of the original video file and is the any benefit in using say a 720 or 1080p video rather than say 480p or other lower resolutions?
Glen M is offline  
Old 14 January 2020, 18:02   #71
BULI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Rzeszów
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
I've been meaning to have a play with this software so I've downloaded the latest version along with the samples to try out later on my CD32.

I'll also have a go at the encoding process later but one quick question. Is there any requirement for the format of the original video file and is the any benefit in using say a 720 or 1080p video rather than say 480p or other lower resolutions?



About requirements:
Resolution of source video, don't have any matter (off course bether quality of source, bether final result).
I tried only mp4 files, but it work on FFMPEG, so probably will support formats accepted for FFMPEG? You must check this on your own.
BULI is offline  
Old 15 January 2020, 01:31   #72
Glen M
Registered User

 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Belfast
Posts: 676
According to the stats screen playing the low res zoraia scaled gets a solid 24fps with 0 frames skipped. Am I reading it correctly? The frames per second listed at the bottom of the output?

In any case all I can is I'm astonished by the quality. I really can't get over just how clear the image is. Certainly puts the like of VCD to shame, its just a pity the file size is so big or Commodore might of had a home movie format on their hands.
Glen M is offline  
Old 22 January 2020, 10:28   #73
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULI View Post
About requirements:
Resolution of source video, don't have any matter (off course bether quality of source, bether final result).
I tried only mp4 files, but it work on FFMPEG, so probably will support formats accepted for FFMPEG? You must check this on your own.

Yes, every format that ffmpeg accepts can be used. agaconv-script simply calls ffmpeg to extract the frames and sound data (with a bunch of options).
movec is offline  
Old 22 January 2020, 10:55   #74
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
According to the stats screen playing the low res zoraia scaled gets a solid 24fps with 0 frames skipped. Am I reading it correctly? The frames per second listed at the bottom of the output?
Yes, that's the correct number. Always nice to see it works well on other systems as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
In any case all I can is I'm astonished by the quality. I really can't get over just how clear the image is. Certainly puts the like of VCD to shame, its just a pity the file size is so big or Commodore might of had a home movie format on their hands.
It could be used for cut-scenes in games, very short movies in a way

BTW, I will soon release an update which allows to seek forward/backward and halt the player.
movec is offline  
Old 23 January 2020, 14:43   #75
Glen M
Registered User

 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Belfast
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by movec View Post

It could be used for cut-scenes in games, very short movies in a way

BTW, I will soon release an update which allows to seek forward/backward and halt the player.
Yeah, its a shame the likes of the CD32 didn't make more use of cut-scenes in games and I've said before I think that FMV games could have been exploited more, while laughed at today they were a big talking point in the early 90s.

Looking forward to the new version. Would be nice to pause the image for sake of comparisons. If I could add a wish feature would it be possible to the video in a window on workbench?
Glen M is offline  
Old 27 January 2020, 10:41   #76
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULI View Post
The option of centering the image vertically in AGA_Blaster could be used.

Thanks for the suggestion. The new version 0.9.70 (just released) supports this by default (option NOCENTER turns it off). There is also an option for YOFFSET=NUMBER (for playing around with it).
movec is offline  
Old 27 January 2020, 11:00   #77
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
Yeah, its a shame the likes of the CD32 didn't make more use of cut-scenes in games and I've said before I think that FMV games could have been exploited more, while laughed at today they were a big talking point in the early 90s.
In the 1st Issue of Amiga CD32 Gamer (1994) there is a feature article on the FMV module - with a text box "The future of home entertainment?", nice read indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
If I could add a wish feature would it be possible to the video in a window on workbench?
AGABlaster runs on the original AGA hardware and the video quality largely relies on changing all 256 colors in every frame (selected from the 24 bit color range in every frame). Hence, with an 8-bit WB this would be quite "flashy" To run it in a window requires graphics card support (which I may add at some point).
movec is offline  
Old 27 January 2020, 11:15   #78
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 96
Hi guys, AGABlaster 0.9.70 is now available:

[https://mschordan.github.io/amiga/agablaster.html

* Added keyboard video controls (forward/backward/halt/restart/volume)
The backward seek on disk is very slow on the original OS3.x. Therefore AGABlaster 0.9.70 computes an internal offset table (while playing) to compute a single seek for +-10 secs. This keeps it within reasonable time range (1-2 secs). Forward is always fast.
* Added automatic video centering (y-axis)
* Added copper effects (duplicates video 4x and 12x) - 4x works fine on my A4000/60, 12x shows some flickering sometimes on my A4000/60 (it runs fine in the emulator). Something to figure out about this one.
* Activated AGA border blank feature - that's a feature on the AGA architecture to turn off the border - this means it's black, even if color register 0 (background color) has a color different to black. Therefore any CDXL video will run without "flashy" background (with agaconv this is not an issue because it already encodes videos with black background color).
movec is offline  
Old 27 January 2020, 11:27   #79
Retro1234
Boo

Retro1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 5150
Posts: 4,643
Is CDXL possible in 16 colour or is it tied to HAM?
Retro1234 is offline  
Old 27 January 2020, 11:28   #80
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULI View Post
AGABlaster use setting of Overscan?
We could use bigger resolution in NTSC!
I have a PAL system, so I cannot test this, but with the new version 0.9.70 it will set the end of the video whereever it ends. This may extend the video into Y-overscan range on your system. You can also try the new option YOFFSET with a negative offset, this may get you into the overscan range at the top of the screen as well.

The NTSC command line option also takes the 60Hz frequency into consideration for the speed of the video (I am not trying to detect automatically NTSC systems yet, therefore the command line option). Same as above, I cannot test this, but if you compare it to the original video (running on a PC), this option should be necessary to get the speed right on an NTSC Amiga system (the sound will always be in sync with the video, so this isn't that easy to spot .
movec is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PadoraBasic: Player Cdxl, Anim, even more AMIGASYSTEM Amiga scene 0 12 March 2017 10:06
CDXL Player Retro1234 support.Apps 2 06 January 2017 10:18
CDXL Toolkit dkovacs request.Apps 16 23 November 2015 09:41
What is the best Amiga Cdxl and Anim Player? hansel75 support.Apps 3 02 February 2013 06:08
Looking for CDXL Toolkit cane request.Apps 3 05 August 2004 22:49

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09304 seconds with 14 queries