English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 07 December 2006, 20:47   #1
Jerry

Use compactflash.device with FFS?

Is it possible to use use compactflash.device with FFS formatted cf-cards? My card works fine as long as it's fat formatted. I tried changing CF0 the following way:
FileSystem = l:fastfilesystem
DosType = 0x444F5301

When trying to list the directory cf0: I get the errormessage that it's not a directory. Am I missing something? The filesystem is ok as it works fine when connected to my internal ide->cf adaptor.
Old 07 December 2006, 22:21   #2
thomas

Quote:
The filesystem is ok as it works fine when connected to my internal ide->cf adaptor.
So the cf card is probably partitioned. If so then you have to adjust CF0 to match exactly the partition data. First try LowCyl=2. If this does not work you have to use HDToolbox or similar to determine the drive geometry (block per track etc.) used to partition the CF card and the low and high cyl of the partition. There are mount list creators on Aminet which do this automatically for you. If you are running OS3.9 you can use the Mounter program.
Old 08 December 2006, 13:35   #3
ppill
CON: artist

Giggledisk from aminet should do the trick (create a ready to use mountlist). Maybe SCSIMounter (aminet again) might be of help although I don't know whether comactflash.device supports the needed 'SCSI Direct' commands.
Old 08 December 2006, 14:18   #4
Jerry

Thanks both of you.
Will try the aminet stuff, but for now I could at least create an FFS formatted partition on my compactflash card on the amiga. I was unable to use the one created in winuae but for now I'm just fine. Btw, does anyone know if multireader pcmcia cards are supported by compactflash.device. If have a lot of spare sd-cards lying around and it would be great if I could use them on my miggy.