English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 21 May 2017, 13:13   #801
AMIGASYSTEM

Beautiful, Looks like a little 'to my AFA OS

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 30 May 2017 at 20:45.
Old 23 May 2017, 03:43   #802
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Well, more or less . I'll offer a new icon-script to use in the WBStartup/Disabled drawer, so you can use one or the other from the WBStartup to use different AmiStart configs with different icons/options.

I'm using also the new AmiStart update that AmiKit X includes. I'm working now with some help to add more images to use for the AmiKit logo on the left.

Another thing (¡!) : Do you remember the Groundhog Day movie? [ Show youtube player ]

Do you like Flip-Clocks?

If so...

Presenting the new "impossible" Amiga Flip-Clock:

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Retrofan; 23 May 2017 at 04:03.
Old 23 May 2017, 08:11   #803
AMIGASYSTEM

Well, AFA OS Orange, also this one

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 23 June 2017 at 18:30.
Old 24 May 2017, 02:38   #804
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

The newer option on WBStartup/Disabled/New_AmiStart will use the newer AmiStart version from AmiKit X for RTG or AfA, but it will keep using (it's a script and makes what I like ) an old version for AGA. It wasn't easy to run this program that wasn't thought for AGA in the past, but I can keep using the new icons with that version and some changes. Well, of course it wont be showing the running processes in the bar like the new Amistart does.

I shouldn't show this image, as AmiStart isn't at all a good dock for a real AGA miggy as it's slow there, but I like to show that it can work there too in my distro.

This is with a small screen and using 16 colors. Yes, you can see that you don't have room for anything. AmiStart is thought for a larger screeen.

Anyway I wanted to show it:

Edit: Another thing: Yes, you always see a screen FULL of things, always. Like FOUR docks or FOUR clocks at the same time, and then someone can obviously say... Hey, I don't like that system full of chimes and dingles !

Come on, don't be ... I show ALL that you can use, what else would I show, just an image of the WBStartup/Disabled drawer? Post four posts/post four screenshots for every single option? The thing is that it can run all of these things at the same time.

Edit: New video with more options for MorpheuZ:

[ Show youtube player ]

Edit:
And a note: Do not wait for my update to try all of the things that AmiKit X offers. I will only add a couple and that will be in some months. Please support AmiKit X as it supports my version.

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 June 2017 at 02:35.
Old 30 May 2017, 17:54   #805
kirk223

Hi Retrofan, a million thanks for Amikit real. I run it on my vamparised A2000 and it is perfect (with some small exceptions, but I will work them out). I just installed Rapidroad on my X-Surf-100 and USB works like a charm. Only obvious problem I have and I cannot find the solution is the clock setting. I have removed Varta from my A2000 and replaced it with a CR2032 battery (including a schottky diode to prevent charging). I make all correct settings for time and date from CLI but the settings although saved are kept only temporarly. After a reboot or on/off sequence time and date revert to 1998. If I boot with a 3.1 disk time and date are preserved correctly. Any idea what could cause this? Thank you.
Old 30 May 2017, 23:28   #806
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Very interesting question. No, I don't have an idea why the clock wouldn't update the data after a reboot. Please tell if you find what is happening, I want to know too.

Try this by now, from here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Perhaps it's just stuck. Open a shell window and enter Setclock Reset. If it still does not work, try this: http://thomas-rapp.homepage.t-online...startClock.lha

Last edited by Retrofan; 30 May 2017 at 23:37.
Old 31 May 2017, 03:22   #807
Bullwinkle55

Hi Retrofan, I tried Installing AKReal 8.8 on WinUAE Following the instructions (0S 3.9 and Boingbags 1 and 2). Installation went smooth but only a black screen showing on bootup. My computer is a fast modern machine with lots of memory and gtx970 video.

I realize you made this software for a real Amiga but I watched a video showing it installed on WinUAE and it looks incredible.

I'm not asking anyone to assist me with installation on a Windows 10 computer as it was designed for a REAL Amiga but maybe if someone could post a configuration file for WinUAE.
Is there any advantage using AKReal 8.8 on a windows machine or would I be better using Amikit 10.
your work is very cool looking by the way. Makes me wish I still had my Amiga computer.
Regards ...Dan

Old 31 May 2017, 21:32   #808
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks Bullwinkle55. You've got a WinUAE configuration on post 724: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=67562&page=37

To tell the truth I mostly use it on WinUAE of course. You could perfectly install both, AKReal and AmiKit X. They are not the same and both are nice. If you can, please get also AmiKit X, it needs our support and AKReal just couldn't exist without the AmiKit support.

Remember that on WinUAE you can use an option with MorpheuZ called "Better Config" that was designed for WinUAE as it will change the settings automatically with a couple of clicks so you can change for example to a 1024x768 RTG AfAOS setup (or to return to an AGA 16 colors one too) and the "magic" it also has is that you don't even have to touch your WinUAE configuration, being using the same 800x600 WinUAE display mode all of the time. You can watch my video in post 804 above.

Your problem surely is that you forgot to rename your booting partition as "AmiKit".

Edit: Ah, two things: First welcome to EAB and second: In fact I love to use AKReal on WinUAE because you can use it to listen to incredible streaming radio stations.

Last edited by Retrofan; 01 June 2017 at 02:10.
Old 01 June 2017, 19:53   #809
Bullwinkle55

I remembered to change booting drive to Amikit, but after loading your config file and booting up perfectly, I realized I was using a UAE Zorro III instead of a Picasso Zorro III.
The Picasso only lets me use 4 megs video, so I tried the UAE Zorro because it let me use up to 1 gig. I forgot to change back to Picasso when that didn't work.

Now running great and after using morpheuz to use a better config in RTG mode, it looks
good also. Too bad Picasso only lets me use four megs video.

Thanks again Retrofan, it looks every bit as good as I hoped. ...Dan

Old 02 June 2017, 01:40   #810
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwinkle55 View Post
Thanks again Retrofan, it looks every bit as good as I hoped. ...Dan
Great you like it .

Yep, using RTG or better the 1024x768 AfAOS setup is really great for WinUAE.

Yes, I'm sorry but under emulation even, I don't want to be using UAEgfx modes as AKReal is meant to be run on real hardware .... or at least on real emulated hardware

Also, as you commented:
Quote:
Makes me wish I still had my Amiga computer.
Regards ...Dan
I know it's emulation... but I feel more comfortable, with more real Amiga feeling running emulated Real hardware. Toni has made a wonderful work about that.

Last edited by Retrofan; 02 June 2017 at 03:49.
Old 02 June 2017, 19:12   #811
Bullwinkle55

I was not saying I am unhappy with emulated software, I love emulators. I only meant I would love to run your program on a real Amiga (especially a Vampire Amiga) I bet it looks fantastic.
And I am VERY happy with AKReal on a PC with WinUAE. I did not mean to sound like I was disappointed in any way. Your software is both impressive and great looking on my PC.

Have a great day Retrofan, ...Dan

Old 02 June 2017, 19:48   #812
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
I was not saying I am unhappy with emulated software, I love emulators. I only meant I would love to run your program on a real Amiga (especially a Vampire Amiga) I bet it looks fantastic.
And I am VERY happy with AKReal on a PC with WinUAE. I did not mean to sound like I was disappointed in any way. Your software is both impressive and great looking on my PC.

Have a great day Retrofan, ...Dan

I think you can, see post 805 above - http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=805
Old 02 June 2017, 20:50   #813
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

No, BullWinkle55, I'm very happy with your comments. Maybe when I answer I want to tell things for everybody, sorry also because I'm trying to improve my english. I really appreciate a lot your posts.

Yes, the Vampire can run AKReal, but unfortunately I can not give that same kind of support you've seen with MorpheuZ to change from AGA to AfAOS yet.

That's simple because I don't have a Vampire and I'm only wishing to have one for my A1200 (see my signature). When I get one MorpheuZ will also give that kind of support -I hope- and you'll be able to get a SAGA configuration with some clicks too.

LOL... In some way I make all of this not only for the users but also for myself, just because I like to have all ready and with the best options all together in a pack, and I like to be able to change among environments, change configurations, settings, Indivision configs... just with a couple of clicks too.

And you don't need a Vampire to use it. This is a video with a B030 using some suggestions I've posted for it to run faster:

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=725

Last edited by Retrofan; 04 June 2017 at 02:13.
Old 03 June 2017, 23:34   #814
Bullwinkle55

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
, sorry also because I'm trying to improve my english.

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=725

Nothing wrong with your English, you are very easy to understand.
It is me that says things that don't come out the way I mean them.

I am having a lot of fun discovering how to use all the stuff you have packed into this package. I doubt you have missed very much that would make it better, but then that's what you do, find ways to improve what is already very good.
Thanks again for this lovely program stuffed with useful tools and utilities....Dan

Old 04 June 2017, 13:13   #815
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
...I am having a lot of fun discovering how to use all the stuff you have packed into this package. I doubt you have missed very much that would make it better, but then that's what you do, find ways to improve what is already very good.
Thanks again for this lovely program stuffed with useful tools and utilities....Dan
Well, this is a new video with more stuff you can play with . An installer script using WGet that will allow you to Install or Update future releases of the Beta Protracker 2.3E by 8bitbubsy . Many thanks to him.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 06 June 2017, 20:38   #816
comraider

AKReal is incredible! Immense gratitude for all your work Retrofan

I must be blind to something simple.. but how can I change the theme to look like the screenshot on the AKReal website? (OS4 style gray titlebar, OS4 style turquoise-blue window decorations). I tried everything I could think of in MorpheuZ but nothing was even close.

Thanks!

edit: Better Config does the trick, but I'm guessing this uses AfAOS? I was hoping to use this on my Vampired 600, but it can't run AfAOS since there's no FPU . Is it possible to somehow run the config without AfAOS by using Birdie / VisualPrefs manually or something?

Last edited by comraider; 06 June 2017 at 21:53.
Old 07 June 2017, 01:20   #817
Bullwinkle55

comraider, check out this amiga 600 with vampire running AKReal 8.

[ Show youtube player ]

Hope you get it running on your 600. ...Dan

Old 07 June 2017, 01:23   #818
Bullwinkle55

Also check out all the YouTube videos on AKReal by Fernando Martín

Retrofan has worked very hard on this program and it shows.

Have a good day ...Dan

Old 07 June 2017, 01:31   #819
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

@Comraider thanks a lot for your comments. Also welcome to EAB.

Well, with MorpheuZ you can use the "Visual Themes" option and then select the "Classic Themes" one, as the "24bit Themes" changes the system to AfAOS.

You can not get such a wide top bar without AfAOS (the VisualPrefs Gui pref is setted at 10, the max) -Edit: I will look anyway into that-, but you can change the bars look and use some nice ones (select the one that you like more).

There is somekind of AfAOS emulated theme for Birdie, it's the one I made and called "HipClone". If you've used a 24bit Theme before, you should change the AmiStart image (that's the image you see on the top bar left corner that opens a dock when you click on it). When you use a 24bit theme, they include their respective AmiStart images.

So, to change the AmiStart image you have to make a Ctrl+Right Click over the image and then select Close, then make a left and then right click on screen and select "Buttons" and then select "Start Menu" and then select the "Magellan_bar_Logo_256Colors" for example. Finally close all of the opened windows you've got on screen, make a right click on screen and select "Save Layout". Not all of the Visual Themes look right with RTG but only with AGA.

Edit: Now that I'm posting... In the next update I will include "CoolCalc". But I've seen it has a problem with MUI5 and the MinStack by PeterK in the S-S that doesn't happen with StackAttack that I've got dissabled there.
I hate to be changing the Startup-Sequence as I know that you and me change it to include our own settings there.

So? Cyberhead97 has helped me (thanks a lot) and the next update script will change your Startup-Sequence just editing that part only. It will make a backup first just in case, but as I say it will "edit it", it won't touch your changes.
Edit: Well, that in the case that MUIAsl isn't reimplented before my update, so I can keep MinStack in the S-S.

Last edited by Retrofan; 09 June 2017 at 18:07.
Old 07 June 2017, 23:16   #820
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ahem... @Arti must have at least three hands I believe. While he makes NetSurf he makes incredible game ports too.

This is a recent video using AKReal on a Vampire showing "The Legend of Zelda, Return of the Hylian, Enhanced version".

Just judge by yourself:

[ Show youtube player ]

Edit: This is a new video to show how to properly-easily create a new icon having a "normal" and "selected" images that I've copied and pasted from the net to CorelDraw (it was a gif image that I just grabbed twice to have both images).

[ Show youtube player ]

Edit: So I've made three icon-scripts to open AmigaAMP with radio streams: The Sid Station, Roland Radio and Slay Radio. You will find them on Sys:Utilities/Expansion/RadioStations/Scripts/Platforms (you'll have to search for them if you want them), and they are made with the idea that you leave them out on screen like this (take into account that as they have no name but spaces, they need a longer distance among them to be snapshotted on screen). BTW remember that you've got different skins for AmigaAMP, so you can select the one you like more or the one that better fits with your wallpaper or colors from 16 to RTG:

Edit: A couple of things from today:
First: I won't have to change the S-S and disable MinStack as I will have some MagicASL changes with the next MUI update on developement that will get rid of any stack size problem. Thanks Thore you are great with that MUI development and listening to any complain !

And Second: With the new to be included (downloadable/updatable) Protracker version by 8Bitbubsy (best tried bugfree working version) I will install as a default Modules drawer for it "Best 100 Modules Selection" by Estrayk included, exclusive for AKReal . Thanks a lot to him. Mil gracias compi por el permiso y esa selección maravillosa !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post

Are you kidding?
Estrayk has been a staple of the Spanish tracker community for decades.
Every positive or negative comment improves this distro. Thanks a lot to all of the Amiga community. Your inputs -every post- are my feedback.

Edit: I'll definetely have to change the S-S and disable MinStack. PeterK has decided that MinStack is not supported anymore since noticing that MinStack won’t increase the stacksize in some cases. MinStack only patches new processes, but no new tasks.

Last edited by Retrofan; 13 June 2017 at 22:58.