English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 13 March 2014, 17:14   #41
Turran

Totally missed this thread, sorry.

I am making ADF files for Scala InfoPlayer and InfoChannel now.

As for those interested in Genlock stuff, this is what I have in a box here =)

http://www.grandis.nu/images/genlock1.JPG
http://www.grandis.nu/images/genlock2.JPG
http://www.grandis.nu/images/genlock3.JPG
http://www.grandis.nu/images/genlock4.JPG
http://www.grandis.nu/images/genlock5.JPG
http://www.grandis.nu/images/mjukvara1.JPG
http://www.grandis.nu/images/mjukvara2.JPG
http://www.grandis.nu/images/mjukvara3.JPG
http://www.grandis.nu/images/mjukvara4.JPG

mjukvara4.JPG is manuals for Scala Infochannel. 2 IC-500 and 1 IC-400.
genlock5.JPG shows the 6 dongles for, I guess, scala.
Any interest in the hardware, let me know in a PM and we'll set something up. This is not a sales thread =)

Last edited by Turran; 13 March 2014 at 17:22.
Old 13 March 2014, 17:22   #42
mark_k

Interesting that there are two types of Scala dongle (blue and yellow). Maybe one is for InfoChannel, the other for InfoPlayer? It should say in the manual. My Scala dongle is red, so perhaps that's for a different version or product?

The TVPaint 3 dongle (based on my examination of the TVPaint code, not the dongle hardware) almost certainly contains a serial EEPROM and little else. I hope to write up how that works in due course.
Old 13 March 2014, 17:28   #43
Turran

The manuals I looked in now just says "Scala key" in multiple locations. No mention of color..

Edit: Perhaps one is for IC400 and one for IC500. no idea what the difference is but since I have both manuals...

Files coming in here: ftp://ftp:any@grandis.nu/Commodore_A...pp/Disk/Scala/

Some more extra disks are being ADF:ed now =)

Edit2: All done. Thats all I had.

Last edited by Turran; 13 March 2014 at 18:15.
Old 14 March 2014, 12:12   #44
mark_k

Thanks a lot for that. I've begun to take a look at the InfoChannel dongle code.
Old 14 March 2014, 13:18   #45
gulliver
BoingBagged

Below is a list of what colored dongles work with what version of Scala software:

MM200 - Red
MM210 - Red
MM300 - Green
MM400 - Green
IC400 Master - Yellow
IC500 Master - Yellow
InfoChannel IP400 Player - Blue
InfoChannel IP500 Player - Blue

Please note some peripherals, connected to the dongle's pass-thru port,
can interfere with Scala's dongle checking function. I suggest
inserting the dongle in the joystick port (with nothing inserted in the
pass-thru port) and try again.

The following are known pointing devices to cause errors:

* Commodore OEM Mouse PN: C0014331
* Golden Image Optical Mouse
* Alfa Data Trackball (all models)
* Boing Optical Mouse

BTW, if it is of use, I have several cracked versions of Scala IC500 (Master), just the program (not the entire distribution, as some of my disks got damaged beyond repair, despite my numerous efforts rebuilding them). I have:

51.15 (PAL & NTSC)
51.18 (PAL & NTSC)
51.24 (PAL)
51.27 (PAL & NTSC)

Last edited by gulliver; 14 March 2014 at 13:24.
Old 14 March 2014, 14:43   #46
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
The manuals I looked in now just says "Scala key" in multiple locations. No mention of color..

Edit: Perhaps one is for IC400 and one for IC500. no idea what the difference is but since I have both manuals...

Files coming in here: ftp://ftp:any@grandis.nu/Commodore_A...pp/Disk/Scala/

Some more extra disks are being ADF:ed now =)

Edit2: All done. Thats all I had.
Hi, it seems you omitted/are missing disk 6 of the Infochannel Player set. Will you please check if you have it? If so please dump it

IC400 has the same basic feature set as Scala MM210 (with a few subtle differences) but then it adds networking and scheduling features.

IC500 has the same basic feature set as Scala MM400 (with a few subtle differences) but then it adds networking, scheduling and billing features.

I am attaching an Amiga Scala products FAQ I made more than a decade ago, so that you may understand what is this Scala thing about.

If you need help on any Scala prduct, let me know, as its been ages, but I was very well versed in Amiga Scala products, as I used them centuries ago.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Amiga Scala Unofficial FAQ 0.7 beta.zip (27.9 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by gulliver; 14 March 2014 at 14:50.
Old 14 March 2014, 15:05   #47
mark_k

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
Below is a list of what colored dongles work with what version of Scala software:
Thanks very much for that info. Do you have original/uncracked versions of Scala MM2x0, MM300 or MM400?
Old 14 March 2014, 15:14   #48
gulliver
BoingBagged

Yes.

I have MM400 in the original non dongle cdrom version.
I also have MM300 but only the original dongle less version.

----Update---

I have mm210 which was a Scala MM200 update, in its original dongle version.
I found out that the floppy version of Scala MM400 I have is cracked, but the cracker made some mistake and packed the MM400 version of Animlab (Scala┬┤s animation program that uses its dongle) both in its original and cracked form. So maybe it is of use to you.

----Update 2---

I have attached both the original Animlab + its cracked version (MM400) and the MM210 update.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MM400 Animlab orig+cracked.zip (46.8 KB, 130 views)
File Type: zip Scala_MM210update-original.zip (662.2 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by gulliver; 14 March 2014 at 15:58. Reason: Update
Old 14 March 2014, 17:48   #49
TVPaint

Arrow TVPaint

Hello there !

It's maybe time that TVPaint join officially the EAB ...

After all, we were born in 1991 on Amiga.

Old 14 March 2014, 17:55   #50
gulliver
BoingBagged

Welcome to EAB!

It is good to see you here after all of these years
Old 14 March 2014, 18:01   #51
TVPaint

1991-2014 ... Damn, we will never be as young as today

Old 14 March 2014, 18:06   #52
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVPaint View Post
1991-2014 ... Damn, we will never be as young as today
indeed. welcome
Old 14 March 2014, 18:08   #53
gulliver
BoingBagged

Well... we could say that we are like wine, just getting better with the years.

BTW, Do you think you still got something from the Amiga days you could contribute to preserve?
Old 14 March 2014, 18:25   #54
TVPaint

Quote:
Well... we could say that we are like wine, just getting better with the years.
TVPaint is french, like any good wine !

Quote:
BTW, Do you think you still got something from the Amiga days you could contribute to preserve?
We might still have some old documents that might be scanned (manuals, advertising ?), but we moved last year to a different office, so we still have a lot into some boxes or also at home.

- - - - -

That said, I'm not confortable to read you guys trying to crack TVPaint 3.0 / 2.0 or whatever the amiga version, as well as Lightwave and Scala.
Not that it's a big deal in itself (TVPaint, Lightwave and Scala have so much evolved, as well as the computer and related OS ...), but it would justify anyone who is now trying to crack the current version of those software.

On our side, we decided to make the TVPaint 3.59 downloadable and usable for free, to avoid any crack attempt on amiga platform and also to reward the community with our best & lastest Amiga product
http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11

Last edited by TVPaint; 14 March 2014 at 18:45.

Old 14 March 2014, 18:51   #55
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
TVPaint is french, like any good wine !

Well, ... we made the 3.59 version of TVPaint free to download and use on Amiga & related emulators.
http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11

We might still have some old documents that might be scanned (manuals, advertising ?), but we moved last year to a different office, so we still have a lot into some boxes.

- - - - -

That said, I'm not confortable to read you guys trying to crack TVPaint 3.0 / 2.0 or whatever the amiga version.
Not that it's a big deal in itself (TVPaint has so much evolved, as well as the computer and OS ...), but it would justify anyone who is trying to crack the current version.

It's also the same for Lightwave and Scala.
We do not want crack any of those programs, what we want to do is preserve them in their original non modified shape, make them future proof.

Cracks have long been available (more than 20 years ago), and they have been abundantly spread till even today.

What we are doing is attempting to preserve these originals, along with their functionality because as you have read, half of us have irrecoverable media (floppies) and the other half have broken/missing hardware that is no longer available anywhere.

I do fail to see how any software made 20 years ago for the Amiga has the slightest chance to compete with any PC/Mac current offerings, or hurt or even encourage cracking.

We are thankful for the free download you offered long ago, and would indeed apreciate any material you have left, as I told you, our aim is to preserve

BTW, I live in Chile so, I do know how to apreciate great wines too
Old 14 March 2014, 19:56   #56
TVPaint

I quickly read this :
Quote:
Could you upload images of your original TVPaint 3.0 disks? Hopefully I can take a look at the code to figure out how the dongle works, and also how to bypass the dongle check so you can use it without needing the dongle.
Quote:
Okay, I think I've managed to fully de-dongleise TVPaint_Picasso.
so I might have misunderstood something ... (don't forget that english is not my native language)
Quote:
We do not want crack any of those programs, what we want to do is preserve them in their original non modified shape, make them future proof.
If preserving without cracking the Amiga versions is the only purpose here, there is no problem
Quote:
Cracks have long been available (more than 20 years ago), and they have been abundantly spread till even today.
I do fail to see how any software made 20 years ago for the Amiga has the slightest chance to compete with any PC/Mac current offerings, or hurt or even encourage cracking.
Sure, the old Amiga version can not compete with the current Linux,Mac,Windows,Android versions of TVPaint 10.5

Anyway, if we have something we can share with the community, we will let you know. But we also need to keep some of our original versions as archive in the TVPaint office and a couple of secured places.
So anything we could share is probably quite limited. Will see.

- - - -

By the way, I remember some people who asked us in the past about a AROS, BEOS, AmigaOS, etc ... portage of the actual software, even offering to work for free on the source code , also promising a great market to sell our products, etc.
Even if we love the Amiga at TVPaint, I just want to say here that it won't and can't be done.

Last edited by TVPaint; 14 March 2014 at 20:21.

Old 14 March 2014, 20:04   #57
TVPaint

Thinking about it : there is a part of our history here :
http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/ar...ry.php?lang=en

I think we still have a couple of TVPaint 3.0 box, but as said we would like them to stay with us in the TVPaint office
That said, I might scan them if you wish.
I also should have an old manual in PDF. Was it the v3.0 or v2.0 ? I can't remember.

Last edited by TVPaint; 14 March 2014 at 20:11.

Old 14 March 2014, 21:31   #58
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:

I think we still have a couple of TVPaint 3.0 box, but as said we would like them to stay with us in the TVPaint office
I also should have an old manual in PDF. Was it the v3.0 or v2.0 ? I can't remember.
Great!

I understand that you would like to keep your TVPaint 3.0 boxes, they are indeed a vital part of the history of your company.

Please do scan them and if you do have the manuals, even better.

Thanks

Last edited by gulliver; 14 March 2014 at 21:41. Reason: Spelling
Old 16 March 2014, 18:07   #59
Harry 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
I finally got around to creating a patched version of TVPaint_Retina with equivalent patches to the Picasso version I uploaded. TVPaint3RetinaTest20140309.lha in The Zone. Please test it as much as possible with no dongle connected. There shouldn't be any strange crashes. I'm not able to test it myself.
Hello, I'm pleased to say that the Picasso96 version of TVPaint 3.0 is now working on my
A3000 under WB 3.9 Retina. I just needed to find the right screen mode for my monitor.
The one that works for me is 1024 x 786 at 32K (this opens a 16 bit screen at that resolution). So, all is working perfectly for me now. Thank you again, my friend.
P.S. I hope I get no one into trouble.

Quote:

Hello TVPaint,
I've had TVPaint since 1993 or 1994 starting with 2.0. It is my very favorite paint program! Sadly, the dongle for my copy of 3.0 broke a couple or so years ago. I asked
TVP for a possible replacement, but, understandably, it was not possible. But now I have
my favorite version, 3.0, working again thanks to EAB. I hope I get no one in trouble.

I have the free TVP 3.5.9, but like I mention in an earlier post, 3.0 is TEN times faster than3.5.9 in cutting large brushes and filling the screen with them. Also, I have the
newest version of TVPaint 10.5 (standard edition) for the Mac. But since I do no animation it is very cumbersome for me to use. Even with its unlimited (to a point) layers and undos I still like TVPaint 3.0 the best!

Last edited by prowler; 16 March 2014 at 20:53. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 16 March 2014, 19:42   #60
TVPaint

Quote:
I asked TVP for a possible replacement, but, understandably, it was not possible
Hello Harry,

Sorry, indeed, it was not possible.
Quote:
my favorite version, 3.0, working again thanks to EAB. I hope I get no one in trouble.
There is something important to explain here :

TVPaint has been only a 3~4 people Team during a long time, with the minimum money that can be paid in a french company.
Thanks to all our efforts, we are a little bit more today with better salary, even if we are still far from big companies like Adobe, etc ...
We are catching more and more credibility in the (Paint/2D Animation) market.

I understand the will of software preservation.
I even have personnally my own EAB account (so not the "TVPaint" one).
I supported the SPS ( http://www.softpres.org ) a long time ago by submitting some old original french games that I purchased younger, with the written agreement of their authors.

I have no intention to hurt EAB, like someone asked me by private message.
TVPaint is born from the Amiga and I wouldn't work at TVPaint without those old Amiga days.

That said, I can not support officially people quietly talking about patches, crack, de-dongleise, bypass the dongle check, ... in a so famous place.
Sure, the old Amiga version can not compete with any of the current version.

BUT :
People who really want to hurt software companies by creating cracks of the recent software does exist.
Sometimes they can be found because they leave various tracks behind them.
When caught, they are using forums like this one as a defense to justify their acts.

It happened to some developpers I know :
The pirates explained to the judges that they made everything for the software preservation ...
They were saying that older versions not sold anymore could be cracked without damage for the corresponding company.
And a such defense actually more or less worked (case dismissed or ridiculous fine !)

But what is old or not in computers/software ? Who decides ? On which criterion ?
To have an exact overview of what could harm or not, you need to know confidential informations about the company : number of customers, technology, number of employees, incomes tables, expenses tables, ...
Such informations can not be communicated easily because of the competitors companies.

Sure, there won't be anyone doing a 2D Bitmap Animation film with an old TVPaint Amiga version ...
But we often see people doing it with old versions like TVPaint 7, 8, etc, even 10 years after it was released !
I still know some people working professionnally with an old TVPaint 4 version, with their specific plug-in, etc.

The question is complex and it could open a debate in so many directions : software, piracy, Amiga, link between each other ....
I don't have a lot of time to do so, but at least you know my point of view a little bit more.

Last edited by TVPaint; 16 March 2014 at 19:51.