English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 09 July 2006, 20:50   #1
Lifesonite

Playing Amiga Games... Help please.. ? :)

Hey folks, I need some of your expertise!!

I'm not good at this retro system sort of thing.

What do I need to play Amiga games? I've done some research, and I'm not sure if I need just a kickstart ROM or if I need to transfer the game from my PC to an actual Amiga console.

I run Windows XP. Basically, I would like to be able to run an emulator on my PC to play Amiga games on my PC. I'm not sure if that's possible, but that's what I thought of when I read 'emulator', because I've played a lot of NES/SNES/SEGA games on PC emulators.

Thanks VERY MUCH for any help you can give me!!

Old 09 July 2006, 21:04   #2
Ironclaw
Banned

Another visitor. Stay a while.... stay forever, muhahahahaha! (Impossible Mission)

Hi and welcome to the best Amiga forum on the internet... Read the FAQ and you might find all the answers you need.
Old 10 July 2006, 04:11   #3
Lifesonite

Ahh, thank you very much! That will be helpful. I'll stop back with some questions possibly...

Old 10 July 2006, 11:16   #4
Paul
RIP Friends

Hi, welcome to EAB

I would also add this Amiga Emulator FAQ site link by Peter Hutchison to your bookmarks

http://www.pcguru.plus.com/uae_faq.html