English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 18 May 2009, 23:25   #61
JimBass

Possible, certainly. Any suggestions on that front? Most of the Curse editors are UGE modules which I think are PC based, not Amiga.

I'd obviously prefer to simply import "my" chars, but if recreating them is easier, I'm all for that!
Old 18 May 2009, 23:33   #62
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

To set their values to the ones you had in PoR, you can use 'Modify Character' from the menu. Except that you can't set their level, you should be able to recreate them quite easily
Old 19 May 2009, 00:05   #63
JimBass

The XP is the main issue here. I have around 250,000 XP on most chars from Pool, Curse starts new chars with 1/10th that amount. I'm not interested in having all 18s for ability scores, but I am interested in moving the closest possible version of the previous char on.

I'm using the ADFview tool to look at the 2 Mb .adf that WINuae created to save games on, and it won't read it at all, although it will read the .adf files that clenched uploaded, and the game (non-save) floppy files, so it works ok in that way.
Old 19 May 2009, 01:52   #64
clenched

Jim here is something to look into. Do you see the 4 files that end in .cha 288 bytes? OK there is a huge list of .sav that are also 288 bytes with a naming scheme like this. CHRDAT(A-I)(1-8) where A-I represents the savegame it goes with and 1-8 represents the character within that save. Now I picked letter H for the savegame you recommended. So now CHRDATH(1-8).sav (8 files) rename .sav to .cha then try to import
again. When I tried it again I had JIMB at full experience hit points etc. However all items loot etc were all gone. But I don't know if you're supposed to begin fully loaded anyway. I ran the hillsfar prog for the heck of it and it cautions that characters to be exported can't belong to a party.
Old 19 May 2009, 01:53   #65
extralife

nope something is still very wrong with that save adf, i dont know how on earth u guys can load up a save game from those 2 adf's, coz the files required are certainly not on either of them
Old 19 May 2009, 02:11   #66
extralife

lol i'm stupid, i somehow managed to grab the old savedisks, i have the saves now running so far so good
Old 19 May 2009, 03:01   #67
JimBass

Clenched - EXCELLENT! Now I'll need some help to make this happen. None of the .adf files I'm looking at has any .sav files, or directories. Which .adf were you looking at, and what tool allows me to rename files? Is it done through workbench, or do I extract files from the .adf file, manipulate them in windows, then return them to an .adf?

Thanks again to everyone!
Old 19 May 2009, 04:25   #68
clenched

Try to import to Curse with this disk. Remember from WinUAE's perspective the volume name is still PoolSave. By now you know to fully extract ADF rather than mounting 7z.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z curse.7z (1.5 KB, 147 views)
Old 19 May 2009, 05:04   #69
JimBass

Thanks Clenched, that worked from an importing perspective!

Now a new issue has arisen, but it has nothing to do with the save. Curse starts, I see the guys, I can memorize spells, and all is well, until I try to move. I can move exactly once, left right, spin, but then the game crashes. This isn't just with my imported guys, the same thing happens with the test party included with Curse. I have 2 sets of .adf curse disks, one by Skid Row and another by somebody else. Both have the same issue with either party, mine or the default. The WinUAE setup is the same as worked for pool, basic A500, 512+512. How should I go about troubleshooting this one?

Thanks clenched!
Old 19 May 2009, 08:05   #70
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just tried the Skid Row crack with the default chars and it works fine. Which version of WinUAE do you use and what quickstart? Use a quickstart option, do not try to 'recreate' it.
Old 19 May 2009, 15:32   #71
JimBass

My WinUAE is version 1.5.3, quickstart is 1.3 with OCS, 512+512, and the 2 Curse disks as the 2 floppies.

Unlike Pool which crashed out, Curse seems to freeze with my 2nd movement. I can still make 1 turn successfully, then the second move freezes the game.
Old 19 May 2009, 15:37   #72
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Maybe it's really the double emulation that causes your problems. As I said I can run the game fine here and move around. Will also check it at home. I really don't know why you have so much trouble with the games, but hopefully we find a way so you can run the game
Old 19 May 2009, 17:06   #73
JimBass

I can't rule out the double emulation, but in previous cases, it doesn't functionally error out, usually when something dies, its grand, blue-screen of death style errors. There are some issues with the TCP/IP network stack, but as this game doesn't have an online component to gameplay, I don't think it should be a problem.

I'm trying to get the WHD version of curse to run, seeing if that makes any difference.
Old 19 May 2009, 19:24   #74
extralife

well, on my a500 i noticed a huuge bug in the pools, on some fights if i pushed "return" key to get out of movement mode my machine would crash into a guru, so i tried the dos version and it didnt happen lol next i thought well why not just try the "enter" key on the num pad and well, I have been playing for hours and do not dare touch "return" lol, so i think these games or at least pools is bugged like hell, so save often...........no your network stack should not have anything to do with this or allmost any other amiga game
Old 19 May 2009, 20:31   #75
JimBass

Well, this is a bit more problematic than a "save often" issue. I literally can't move from the room you start in! I did rest and had all my spell casters learn their spells, so the game functions, but when I move, I get exactly one movement before it freezes. I did make an in-game-save after memorizing my spells, I can use every function on the list, its just movement that freezes. I could probably live just fine without the "area" command or something like it, but not being able to move makes the game a tad boring!
Old 20 May 2009, 09:37   #76
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBass View Post
...but when I move, I get exactly one movement before it freezes.
This would be when you leave the first room. This should load a conversation. It takes 10 seconds here till it's loaded. I'm using the Skid Row crack and also memorized spells first and then rested until the spells were learned. Still can't see any problem Maybe you could upload a savestate just before you leave the room.

Edit : I've attached a save-state. After you loaded it put in your disks in DF0 and DF1. Let's see if that works.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z CotAB_Test.7z (329.8 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by TCD; 20 May 2009 at 18:31.