English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 05 October 2013, 17:07   #1
MrGimper

Mac OS X fullscreen mode question

Frode... any plans to make the OS X version fullscreen mode more "Mac Like", so going fullscreen in FS-UAE doesn't just blank out the 2nd monitor. Would love it if the 2nd screen was still usable in OS X. Work and play at the same time

Cheers
Old 12 October 2013, 00:05   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, I did investigate a bit regarding the "new fullscreen mode" in OS X 10.8, but I concluded that support for it really needed to be included in the SDL library and not in FS-UAE itself. It is actually possible that it is supported in SDL 2.0, which was recently released (I haven't checked that yet), but porting FS-UAE to SDL 2.0 will take a little bit of time.

Another possibility which already exists is to use fullscreen-mode=fullscreen-window, which instead of using a proper fullscreen mode creates a window covering the entire screen. That might work better for you, but you may then get a problem with the menu bar covering the FS-UAE window, which can be "solved" with an option in Info.plist in the bundle (LSUIPresentationMode). The FS-UAE.app bundled with FS-UAE Game Center.app is already configured like this - with LSUIPresentationMode I mean (development versions).

So there are some options for you already, and it might be better in the future
Old 12 October 2013, 11:03   #3
MrGimper

Excellent, I shall investigate these options.

As always, thanks for your response, and your hard work on FS-UAE