English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 15 August 2019, 14:56   #41
d4rk3lf

It was the C64.
If we ignore the cartridge that come with c64 (chess, football, and some logic game), the first game I loaded on my tape, was some arcade where you go against skeletons.
Something very similar as myth (skeletons), but I think you were in some forest environment, not in a cave.
I have no idea what is the name of that game, but then again, maybe it was a Myth.
Old 15 August 2019, 15:33   #42
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
My Hero was a really weird game, and felt too... simplistic for a Master System game. It was an arcade game by Coreland who did some really weird games.
And I actually own a cart of it For some weird reason the game was sold as "Gang's Fighter" here in Brazil, but only on cover and cart labels. Turn on the game and "My Hero" is written on the title screen.
I have to agree with you, it was simple but there's was just something about it that I just loved. It made me want a Master System unfortunately I didn't get My Hero with it tho but the built in Alex Kidd in Miracle World and a copy of Teddy Boy of which were just as fun.
Old 15 August 2019, 15:49   #43
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Unhappy

Probably BattleZone Atari 2600

Nice game and pretty good box art.

Last edited by Retro1234; 15 August 2019 at 15:57.
Old 15 August 2019, 16:33   #44
lovebus5

Munchkin or Super Bee on the Philips G7000 (Magnavox 2) for me as well I loved that console, but once friends started having NES, I was embarrased to even show it
Old 16 August 2019, 03:46   #45
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebus5 View Post
Munchkin or Super Bee on the Philips G7000 (Magnavox 2) for me as well I loved that console, but once friends started having NES, I was embarrased to even show it
I'm deffo going to pick up another one. They are so cheap on ebay as everyone hated them lol.

The killer is, the controllers would break, but they were hard wired to the mb in the machine.

Meh.....got screw driver and soldering iron? As we say over here... "she'll be right".

(actually ....no one says that....well some do.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
Probably BattleZone Atari 2600

Nice game and pretty good box art.

And here we are in 2019 and Battlezone is on my Christmas list lol.

But for PSVR
Old 16 August 2019, 04:53   #46
voyager_1701e

Vic 20 - would have been either Road Race or Omega Race.....loved those 2 games
Old 16 August 2019, 05:09   #47
mailman
Zone Friend

My very first experience with computer games was Pong on some device which was plugged into TV by my uncle. It was somewhere in the early eighties. Then there was Amstrad CPC464. It was when I was at the fourth grade of my primary school education. A father of colleague of mine brought it from his work and I together with my friend and his brother had been playing on it couple of games. I remember playing Pit-Stop and Saboteur. Several months later I got my own C64 and the first games I ran were Bag-It-Man and Frantic Freddie. On the second side of the diskette there was also Robocop and Robin Hood.
Old 16 August 2019, 06:00   #48
waldiamiga
morphos.pl

Deathchase - played for the first time in a school computer club in 1986,of course on ZX Spectrum.

Old 16 August 2019, 06:49   #49
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 005AGIMA View Post
As we say over here... "she'll be right".

(actually ....no one says that....well some do.)
Old 16 August 2019, 07:01   #50
a/b

Wizard of Wor on C64, back in 1984/85 at friend's place, a year or two before I got my own C64.
Old 16 August 2019, 07:10   #51
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Tony Crowther's Loco on the C64 in 1984 was the first game i owned.
Old 16 August 2019, 13:42   #52
bolding

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
My very first experience with computer games was Pong on some device which was plugged into TV by my uncle. It was somewhere in the early eighties. Then there was Amstrad CPC464. It was when I was at the fourth grade of my primary school education. A father of colleague of mine brought it from his work and I together with my friend and his brother had been playing on it couple of games. I remember playing Pit-Stop and Saboteur. Several months later I got my own C64 and the first games I ran were Bag-It-Man and Frantic Freddie. On the second side of the diskette there was also Robocop and Robin Hood.
Atari Pong?
Old 17 August 2019, 06:25   #53
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolding View Post
Atari Pong?
The device was larger and I doubt it was made by Atari (back in the day it didn't mean anything to me). However I am certain the game itself was called different. My uncle was working on the airport in the control tower and he traveled a lot so this device could have been an original made by a well known company but I'd rather say it was either from Russia, Taiwan or Brasil where they created their own "replicas".

Oh, and there was more than one game/mode on it. If memory serves - three - some Pong variations or modes. The machine was flat and the games were black and white.

Last edited by mailman; 17 August 2019 at 06:32.
Old 17 August 2019, 07:48   #54
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by a/b View Post
Wizard of Wor on C64, back in 1984/85 at friend's place, a year or two before I got my own C64.
Now that's a game. An absolutely timeless classic that is still as fun today as it was when it was first released, which was before I was even born. Same goes for Berzerk.

Berzerk is the only video game I have ever heard of that killed people. Two people died from heart attacks because of this game.
Old 17 August 2019, 10:18   #55
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
The device was larger and I doubt it was made by Atari (back in the day it didn't mean anything to me). However I am certain the game itself was called different. My uncle was working on the airport in the control tower and he traveled a lot so this device could have been an original made by a well known company but I'd rather say it was either from Russia, Taiwan or Brasil where they created their own "replicas".

Oh, and there was more than one game/mode on it. If memory serves - three - some Pong variations or modes. The machine was flat and the games were black and white.
It wasn't an Intellivision was it?

Pong:

My step-father's friend had one of those.

Last edited by DamienD; 17 August 2019 at 14:25. Reason: Fixed the Intellivision link...
Old 17 August 2019, 13:14   #56
Ian
Global Moderator

Cannot remember my first game, but have memories of games I played as a youngster for various reasons:

Venture on the Atari 2600, don't know why but we had this without the plastic around the cart, obviously I was banned from playing it, so obviously I found where it was and used to play it all the time despite being crap at it. (must've been about 6-8)

Smurfs on the Coleco Vision, think we had Gorf too, but Smurfs was my favourite, again I was rubbish at it, but enjoyed it all the same.

First memory of a "computer" game is Cliff Hanger on the Atari 800xl although I'm fairly sure I played others before that.
Old 17 August 2019, 13:44   #57
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post

My step-father's friend had one of those.
It could have. The game's screens look like something I recall but I can't tell if the device had some controller on the leash and wooden sidings but I may not remember it well - my uncle set this up before I started playing

Last edited by DamienD; 17 August 2019 at 14:25. Reason: Fixed the Intellivsion link...
Old 17 August 2019, 14:13   #58
SteveMoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post

A friend of mine had one of these and remember playing on it, can't remember the games we played though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Smurfs on the Coleco Vision, think we had Gorf too, but Smurfs was my favourite, again I was rubbish at it, but enjoyed it all the same.

I had a Coleco Vision (still have it), really good console for the time with some good arcade games on there. I remember playing Mr Do, Zaxxon and Donkey Kong Jr a lot on there.

Last edited by DamienD; 17 August 2019 at 14:25. Reason: Fixed the Intellivision link...
Old 17 August 2019, 14:35   #59
d4rk3lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by a/b View Post
You couldn't easely find a better game to introduce yourself to c64.
Man, how awesome game that was. Multiplayer was great.

The only game I can think of now, that could mach it (maybe), is Bruce Lee.
Old 17 August 2019, 14:42   #60
Hewitson

Yeah Wizard of Wor is something else. One of the best video games ever created, I'd love to get a Magic Voice cart to use with it.