English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 November 2014, 17:04   #961
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
OS4 + Picasso IV Z3 has stopped working since b23. logs and pics attached.
Change RAM panel Z3 mapping to "Real". (Next beta will automatically use it if Auto mode and no JIT enabled).

Quote:
EDIT: I've just noticed that the NTSC box in the display settings is always selected. If I set it to PAL restart and then press F12, after WB has loaded, it's gone back to NTSC?
It is display refresh rate quick selection only (including FPS.adj slider) when not in vsync mode, not chipset selection (which is in Chipset panel)
Old 30 November 2014, 17:04   #962
bernd roesch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
This is the last winuae i test in windows 10 64 bit. all winuae bring when they start a message that directx should update. Thats strange. normaly directx 12 should run. I use a fullscreen direct3d setting and the boot on chipset screen is very slow. but when then the P96 screen come, all work fast. Most important was for me to test the latency and timing with AHI 16 bit driver. Here windows 10 is much better. In win 7 64 i can only use 8 ms latency in hdrec and soundblaster z. with win10 64 i can use 5 ms and copy of files under windows do no crackle.

Have somebody test winuae on win 10 too ?. maybe there need direct x install, but on autoupdate no newer direct x is see.
Old 30 November 2014, 17:16   #963
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernd roesch View Post
Have somebody test winuae on win 10 too ?. maybe there need direct x install, but on autoupdate no newer direct x is see.
Yes, me, of course

Problem is the usual, Windows has never included full directx (DX9 and older at least). Just run normal dx installer, it will only install missing parts.
Old 30 November 2014, 17:49   #964
bernd roesch

ah so then directx 12 is not in or in partly ?. I notice in P96 benches lots speedup. I use the nvidia driver that is install, when win 10 is update with windows update. In hd-rec software synthesizer is a benchmark, that measure the time, all notes of the song need redraw. I use full hd and same song with fit all notes in(when press the fit button). win7 64 need 34 ms and win10 64 need 21 ms. also the RAM usage of win 10 is more than 1 gigabyte lower. normaly in windows get every version slower and slower and need much more RAM, so i avoid to upgrate long time. But win 10 is a real rocket. because it is written that win 10 should be faster, i test it early and i can say it is true. On windows music software 2 ms is possible, with win 7 only 4 ms was possible. when i have time and fun, i try directX from M$ page to see if it still have the same speed or if the attached to win 10 is faster but miss some features
Old 30 November 2014, 20:36   #965
wawa

huh, bernd, welcome back..
Old 01 December 2014, 17:16   #966
AnnaWu

CD32 emulation with FMV module

Toni, I tried now the CD+G (Karaoke) and VCD (non game disc) support and it works.
About VCD Karaoke I am not sure.

Last edited by AnnaWu; 01 December 2014 at 17:40.
Old 02 December 2014, 03:35   #967
Arling

Many thanks for your interview in Amiga Forever.

I don't know if This is on any use:

http://www.tekmos.com/products/68020-microprocessors

and
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MC68000diagram.gif
Views:	243
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	42361   Click image for larger version

Name:	MC68020diagram.gif
Views:	313
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	42362   Click image for larger version

Name:	MC68030diagram.gif
Views:	290
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	42363   Click image for larger version

Name:	MC68040diagram.gif
Views:	262
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	42364   Click image for larger version

Name:	MC68060diagram.gif
Views:	275
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	42365  

Old 02 December 2014, 08:27   #968
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaWu View Post

Toni, I tried now the CD+G (Karaoke) and VCD (non game disc) support and it works.
I have no idea what kinds of VCDs FMV module officially (or unofficially) supported.. More important was to get all FMV demos (included with some CD32 games) to play and of course including Cannon Fodder video, VCD is only a bonus

CD+G has nothing to do with FMV, it is included with CD audio player.

Even CDTV supported it but it was not automatic and needed extra button presses and it was not possible to switch between player and CD+G graphics on the fly, probably due to subchannel data requiring polling without buffering nor DMA (read byte by byte, 96 bytes/CD frame = 96*75=7200 bytes per second = 144 bytes/PAL frame, about one byte/2 scanlines, using CPU and CPU also needed to render the graphics at the same time!) CDTV-CR seems to use same system as CD32, CDTV-CR and CD32 both transfer whole subchannel frame automatically and have hardware double buffering, without need for main CPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arling View Post
Many thanks for your interview in Amiga Forever.
I think you meant Amiga Future.

Quote:
I don't know if This is on any use:

http://www.tekmos.com/products/68020-microprocessors
"Data sheet" contains mostly useless internal high level block description, more or less same as in original motorola documentation. Not going help unless they release lower level internal details of the chip. (Assuming it is internally same as original 68020)

Quote:
and
Diagrams seems to be from original motorola documentation (with some small changes), too high level. Nothing new there.

(btw, not really beta related, will be moved later, maybe)
Old 02 December 2014, 16:10   #969
AnnaWu

Thanks for the answer, Toni.

Quote:
I have no idea what kinds of VCDs FMV module officially (or unofficially) supported.. More important was to get all FMV demos (included with some CD32 games) to play and of course including Cannon Fodder video, VCD is only a bonus
The VCD types 1.1 and 2.0 works. The old original hardware doesn't support the SVCD format.

Quote:
CD+G has nothing to do with FMV, it is included with CD audio player.
Yes, but I was not able to make a test in the past.

Quote:
CDTV-CR seems to use same system as CD32, CDTV-CR and CD32 both transfer whole subchannel frame automatically and have hardware double buffering, without need for main CPU.
I guess only a handfull people have the required ROM to test the CDTV-CR (prototype) support on WinUAE.
Old 02 December 2014, 17:15   #970
Arling

Quote:
I think you meant Amiga Future.
Yes of corse. Sorry. It's just Me who got swapped things around again.

Quote:
"Data sheet" contains mostly useless internal high level block description, more or less same as in original motorola documentation. Not going help unless they release lower level internal details of the chip. (Assuming it is internally same as original 68020)

Diagrams seems to be from original motorola documentation (with some small changes), too high level. Nothing new there.
OK. I didn't knew that, so Thanx for The Info. Today I've learned something new.

Old 03 December 2014, 12:24   #971
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
About CD + G (Karaoke), I still have a few CD, attach two of my Video Tube, one concerning the execution of CD32 real, but the other execution files CD + G (Karaoke) extracted and run on Windows with an MP3 Player.

[ Show youtube player ]

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 03 December 2014, 17:46   #972
AnnaWu

Thanks for the links, AMIGASYSTEM.
I build my own CD+G images by using available .cdg/.mp3 files.
MP3+G Toolz for Windows is free and easy to create .bin/.cue files.

Last edited by AnnaWu; 03 December 2014 at 18:45.
Old 03 December 2014, 18:24   #973
AMIGASYSTEM

Sorry if i OT

Thanks AnnaWu, did not know the procedure, found this link that explains the procedure
Old 03 December 2014, 18:39   #974
AnnaWu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Sorry if i OT

Thanks AnnaWu, did not know the procedure, found this link that explains the procedure
Too complicated and some tools are not freeware.
Old 03 December 2014, 20:12   #975
AMIGASYSTEM

It was thanks only to understand, I will try the software you reported.
Old 03 December 2014, 23:28   #976
themamboman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackByte View Post
Yes with PicassoIV (BGR24), higher resolution, if so how?
Using Picasso96Mode, I was able to get 1920x1200 in 8bit mode, or 1920x1080 in 16bit mode.
Old 04 December 2014, 10:34   #977
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by themamboman View Post
Using Picasso96Mode, I was able to get 1920x1200 in 8bit mode, or 1920x1080 in 16bit mode.
Both modes fit in 4M VRAM. 1920x1080x16 is very tight fit, only 46k free VRAM left..
Old 04 December 2014, 13:02   #978
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:

Forgot to ask: Do you have any CHD CD's with CD+G subchannel data? I haven't found any easy way to test if CHD subchannel support code is correctly hooked to UAE CD support.
Old 04 December 2014, 19:35   #979
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_3000b26.zip

Beta 26: RC1, Official release date deadline is mid december. This is far too too long beta series..

- Bumped version to 3.0.
- Directory filesystem statefile support didn't save open file's full path correctly if path was deeper than 2 levels from root. (Bug since directory statefile support was implemented)
- Z3 mapping mode = automatic: select always real mode if JIT is disabled.
- Added picassoiv_rom_file config file entry, if you want to use different versions or custom path.
- Off by one error in internal buffer calculation, display was shifted by 1 vertical pixel, hiding first line if window size was small enough but still big enough to fit all vertical lines.
- 68000 JMP (d8,An/PC,Xn) didn't include extra 4 cycle idle time. (Documentation says 3 read cycles which is incorrect, correct sequence is 4 idle cycles + 2 idle cycles + prefetch + prefetch)

QEMU PPC emulator dll has been updated to 2.2.0rc3 QEMU revision: http://www.winuae.net/files/b/qemu-uae.zip (old one is still also compatible)
Old 04 December 2014, 23:20   #980
Ami_GFX

Ok, here are a couple of minor graphics problems that I've had that have been occurring in the last few betas. The first is that when I first boot in native mode, the display is not full screen but a reduced image in the upper left corner. If I hit F12 and then "OK", the display goes to full screen. Once the display goes into RTG mode, the display is full screen from then on. This doesn't happen in the last official version.

The second only occurs in OS4 when I start Imagemaster RT. When I exit the program, the display background is black. When I click on an icon, it appears. To recover the normal background, I have to switch display modes. This doesn't happen on my real Amiga but I have a Cybervision 64 and I can't say for sure that it wouldn't with a PicassoIV. The only other OS4 compatible native mode program I have is DpaintV and it doesn't do this.

The attached zip file has configuration file, log file and screen shots. The screen shots are kind of weird because all the RTG images have the display in the upper left corner but the display was full screen. The only screen shots that are exactly like they were on my display is the initial OS4 blue screen and the Blackbelt Imagemaster native mode screen.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OS4WinuaeGraphicBug.zip (109.3 KB, 166 views)