English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad > project.Killergorilla's WHD packs

Old 29 January 2005, 13:12   #41
MarlboroMan
Space for rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
Their reply to a request of one of their games on the German Amiga Emu Board was a temporary shutdown of the whole forum due to legal threats...

LMAO. I dont think that APC&TCP did much FOR the community but apparently they did much AGAINST it.
Old 04 February 2005, 14:05   #42
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
Hello, losers of APC & TCP that read this board.
I hope you are satisfied with this, you fucking wankers.

Now you have that shitty game all for your own to exploit. That is, if it was useable for something. Thinking about releasing something of this in GBA? Forget it, it's so shit you will lose money. I'm doing you a favour here, which I really shouldn't, but can't deny a fact: a shitty 1994 game is shittier in 2005!

I hope you reply.
when you learn to talk normal with us you become a reply...
Old 04 February 2005, 14:09   #43
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
A member of APC & TPC is active on several German Amiga forums, maybe here as well. The former German Amiga Emu Board had trouble in the past because of that company, too.
yes, the old GAEB have become some troubles. the spread illegal copies from our software inside the board. some links to illegal downloads from our software, too.
Old 04 February 2005, 14:12   #44
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlboroMan
IMHO its absolute ridiculous to demand such things like to remove old amiga games from the web.

What intention could APC&TCP have? The longer i think about this the clearer it gets that the dislike the amiga community somehow. I dont think we talk about "warez" in this case, so why do they do it? To bar us from the joy of playing old games? I dont think that APC&TCP earns much money by selling games, perhaps they smell an extra income by taking someone to court?
dislike the amiga community ?????

We are one of the last company where make software for the amiga. we make one of the last non profit print mags for amiga? we make some of the biggest amiga pages...

dislike amiga? what make you for the amiga?
Old 04 February 2005, 15:24   #45
Ebster

german: "bekommen" = english: "to get"
english: "to become" = german: "werden"

...or as acp might say: how up do high knee!!

kindest regards...
Old 04 February 2005, 15:30   #46
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebster

...or as acp might say: how up do high knee!!

kindest regards...
ohh, hab nie behauptet das mein englisch auch nur ansatzweise mittelmässig ist
Old 04 February 2005, 15:38   #47
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

yeah we know
Old 04 February 2005, 15:46   #48
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasM
when you learn to talk normal with us you become a reply...
I wish I would understand a word of what you say, I willl try to "talk normal" anyway.

Please tell us your plans for this crap 1990s game, plans that forbid any sort of distribution of it through the net. You don't make a dime out of it. What gives?
Old 04 February 2005, 15:58   #49
AndreasM

Quote:
I wish I would understand a word of what you say, I willl try to "talk normal" anyway.

Please tell us your plans for this crap 1990s game, plans that forbid any sort of distribution of it through the net. You don't make a dime out of it. What gives?
my english is not the best and the next weeks we dont have any translater. when someone like to translate, then i can write a bigger answer in german. here the small english version:

1) all our software are NOT free. we have the (c) and the user can sell on our page and at the mostly amiga dealers worldwide.

2) we know that we can never clear the net from our illegal copies. but we can it many, many smaller. inside the EU-Webmaster i think its give not more as 5 pages with our software.... and in some days close some again.

3) we make money with the selling from our software. and use this to make new software. how come you on the idea that we dont make money???
Old 04 February 2005, 16:13   #50
Amiga1992

Hello,

Your english is so far understandable enough.

Are we talking about Marblelous? Is this -1994- game still in production? Does it make any money for you? That's what I am thinking.

I suppose from what you say that this is available for sale. How can you, in 2005, be selling a 1994 game? Does this do any good to the Amiga? I happen to think not. In a time where game productions for the Amiga are scarce, and those tht appear are in most cases sub-standard, selling an old game, for whatever price, is not very supportive of the platform IMO.

What are these "biggest amiga pages" you mention about? I'm interested.

Thanks for your reply to my irated, non-polite, agressive message.
Old 04 February 2005, 17:35   #51
MarlboroMan
Space for rent

Quote:
dislike the amiga community ?????

We are one of the last company where make software for the amiga. we make one of the last non profit print mags for amiga? we make some of the biggest amiga pages...

dislike amiga? what make you for the amiga?
Erm was geht? What i did for the amiga? I bought it (not only one) and loads of original games, and only some of the games are working . Now we have the year 2005. We have Whdload. I like to play the old games to evoke the memories.

I understand that you have the copyright of your games, but is it necessary to force Killergorilla to take down his site? Did he really spread games you have any future plans for? I didnt see Flyin´high on his page (which i bought from your company btw) for example.

To make my point clear: What im doing for the community at the moment is to demand to let Killergorilla put up his awesome site again.
Old 04 February 2005, 17:43   #52
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Big grin

Quote:

Ohhh not that ages-old German joke again:
German comes into English pub, sits down, and asks: "Can I become a steak?"
"Sure, " the waiter replies, "just lemme get for you the big butcher's knife, and we'll see what we can do for ya... "

OK ... off-topic flash over again...

Last edited by andreas; 04 February 2005 at 17:50.
Old 04 February 2005, 18:12   #53
AndreasM

Quote:
Hello,

Your english is so far understandable enough.

Are we talking about Marblelous? Is this -1994- game still in production? Does it make any money for you? That's what I am thinking.
i talk from all our games. killergoria (or so the name ) have in his archive a copie from Marblelous I. for this he become the email and bluehost close the page.

planetemu become problems with Flyin high, Amiga nostalgia with some other software and so on....

and yes, users buy marblelous this year on our page and dealer, too.

Quote:
I suppose from what you say that this is available for sale. How can you, in 2005, be selling a 1994 game? Does
why not?

Quote:
this do any good to the Amiga? I happen to think not. In a
hmm, with the money we can make new games and tools. we can make a print mag, we make some of the biggest pages, we sponsor some developers, we host many pages....

Quote:
time where game productions for the Amiga are scarce, and those tht appear are in most cases sub-standard, selling an old game, for whatever price, is not very supportive of the platform IMO.
i think other. i know many devloper who never finished the games and tools. to many illegal copies. alone our company cancel more as 5 titels.

Quote:
What are these "biggest amiga pages" you mention about? I'm interested.
we never said which pages we sonsored. our bigges page are www.amigafuture.de
Old 04 February 2005, 18:22   #54
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlboroMan
Erm was geht? What i did for the amiga? I bought it (not only one) and loads of original games, and only some of the games are working . Now we have the year 2005. We have Whdload. I like to play the old games to evoke the memories.
we like whdload and support whdload. example whdload for pinball brain damage. and i know that we found than pages wo spread illegal copies von pinball brain damage. nice way to say thanks for the support :/

Quote:
I understand that you have the copyright of your games, but is it necessary to force Killergorilla to take down his site? Did he really spread games you have any future plans for? I didnt see Flyin´high on his page (which i bought from your company btw) for example.
killergorilla spread Marbelous on this page. for this he become (i think for illegal copies a very very!) a friendly mail from us. but killergorilla lie and say he dont spread any copies from us. after this lie call the hoster and close the page.

when he have said "sorry" than we have can make the same as planetemu and so on. but not when he lie!

Quote:
To make my point clear: What im doing for the community at the moment is to demand to let Killergorilla put up his awesome site again.
and when he spread again illegal copies from us can the community donate money him for pay the lawyer....
Old 04 February 2005, 21:50   #55
oldpx

Please DON'T DO anything for amiga. Amiga users are fed up with -this-. Commodore's death was a great chance for crap developers, after the departure of real software houses, losers had the chance to rise their voices but expectably, they kept developing arse quality software and demanded respect for these desecration activities.

I would hope you leave the amiga alone really. Demanding respect you don't deserve is one thing but threatening people is another. Your attitude is hurting us, the remaining amiga fans. You and companies like you better cease to exist in any activity regarding amiga and I mean a complete removal. Likewise, I think killergorilla shouldn't put any of your games online from now on because those games and your attitude here are better be forgotten. This will even be good for you because any remembrance you might have had wouldn't be in a positive sense anyway.

You hurt this community with hostility and deserve no attention at all. A single bad game won't be missed by anyone here, but everyone will remember this most lowly attitude demonstrated by a developer. This is unique, congratulations.

Old 04 February 2005, 22:12   #56
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
and when he spread again illegal copies from us can the community donate money him for pay the lawyer....
Me not think he need pay big lawyer cos me think that my big lawyer friend kick your fat butt back to where you am came from...

Actually what I was gonna say is that I know a couple of to-notch barristers who would probably actually enjoy seeing you lose your business for being such an idiot.
Old 04 February 2005, 22:18   #57
Amiga1992

Old 05 February 2005, 00:38   #58
Ebster

maybe digital illusions should sue you acp guys for stealing the whole pinball illusions/fantasies etc. routines and concept.. and putting it into a lame atmosphere!

in someway i understand your goal but you are so malicious, you didn´t want to take your time and give it a try - THERE COULD HAVE BEEN ANOTHER WAY TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM - to me it seems that it was a great satisfaction to try and put KG down..
but most often people who ain´t got nothin´goin´on try to make the loudest noise - that´s how far i know.

your statement reminds me of the music industry saying that they lose so-and-so much money because people downloaded a certain amount of albums. but if you think right people would have bought maybe 1 of 10 if they couldn´t have downloaded them. so they ten times overrate the damage, right?!
but with the survived amiga addicts it is even more complex i think - there are still people who support the machine with new stuff for free or maybe shareware and some dinosaurs like you left, who want to run this as a buisiness. the people who still want to support you are fanatic enough about he miggy that they will pay you anyway - if they like you and your products. it´s some sort of full price shareware principe. these people would buy your stuff even if they had gotten it in a whdload-pack - just to get the original cover, original disks and to know that they gave you the chance to continue developping as professionals.. to serve a good purpose! NO LOSS FOR YOU!!!

i have never really liked your games but even if i had - now i wouldn´t want to support you in any way anymore, because...
1. you are arrogant!
2. you overrate yourselves!
3. you stabbed a knife into the heart of one of the best parts in this small amiga community left! and you seem to enjoy it..
4. your sh*t is w**ck!

GO GET A JOB!!!

btw i downloaded bombmania for the c64 from planet emu, liked the game, liked the guys behind it - and bought the original from protovision, even their 4-player-adapter. ...for the good purpose, supporting these guys.

i don´t like you anymore at all - as a matter of fact i kind of hate you!

Greetings to the real heroes!!
Old 05 February 2005, 00:39   #59
woody57

Question As the owner of the Domain Name deadwoodinc.net

On which Killergorilla's page was hosted on I wish to politly address AndreasM over this issue.

Firstly if your company holds a current copywrite of ownership over a number of games, then it is understandable that you have the right to ask for payment for the licensing of each copy distributated...as without doubt any question of piracey is an established reason to request closure and prosecution of ilegal vendors.

To the best of my knoledge KG was unaware that he had supplied within the last batch of WHD December 2004 ANY gamesupdates for which current copywrite was in place.

It was only made aware to ME that you had theatened KG with legal action via a private conversation many weeks after your E-mail to him , I can only state for the record that as owner of the domain I have NOT been contacted by eiether Blue host Admin or yourselves concerning this issue.

I therefore propose that this breech be finally ended by requesting you to provide ME with a FULL list of ALL your currently owned games that there their titles be removed from WHD record.

Furthermore a note will be added added that future requests for these and other future releases from your company will NOT be made available , the same as for any other active developer who hasn't granted update permission.

Since you ask for reason and community support my proposals are openly here to be seen and then finally we can put whatever misunderstandings to one side and get a path forward to the agreed reopening of KG's page

Thankyou woody57
Old 05 February 2005, 00:46   #60
Jan

Quote:
i don´t like you anymore at all - as a matter of fact i kind of hate you!

Greetings to the real heroes!!
Oh Jesus, how childish is this statement? Are you sure you're really 29 years old?