English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 18 March 2009, 00:46   #21
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by asm1 View Post
Just stuck the 2.5 drive in that I got with the miggy.... and lo and behold it works fine and dandy.

Bugger of it is I had to goose my RF Shield so nothing to sit the drive on.... hmm. The whole idea of the CF card was becaue it was small... Anybody know a CF reader that works with the IDEfix ?
Thats the problem, its hit and miss. Take a look over at the compatability thread. Lots of people have posted working CF adapters there.

You could go another route though, . As I did, and buy a Micro HDD. 4GB Hitachi. They are Compact Flash HDD's, I bought 1, stuck it in and IDEFIX express loved it as it is basically a proper HDD.

Info on MicroDrives.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microdrive

I would becareful though, as my first experience with trying to get Express working. I fried both 1 MicroDrive and 1 CF card, proberly my fault for being tired and fedup of it not working, .

Last edited by FOL; 18 March 2009 at 00:52.
Old 18 March 2009, 00:51   #22
Supamax
Da Digger :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
You could go another route though, . As I did, and buy a Micro HDD. 4GB Hitachi. They are Compact Flash HDD's, I bought 1, stuck it in and IDEFIX express loved it as it is basically a proper HDD.
They are not easy to be found... where did you buy it? eBay?
Old 18 March 2009, 00:55   #23
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supamax View Post
They are not easy to be found... where did you buy it? eBay?
Yep, just seen over 20 on there now.

Just search for "microdrive". Yields loads of em.
Old 18 March 2009, 01:11   #24
asm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post

Info on MicroDrives.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microdrive

I would becareful though, as my first experience with trying to get Express working. I fried both 1 MicroDrive and 1 CF card, proberly my fault for being tired and fedup of it not working, .

Funnily enough I've just managed to source one of these on the bay (4GB hitachi) so will see if that works

and I'll bear in mind the "frying" incident

Did you mount the Microdrive in a CF > ide adapter or did you just plug it straight into the Idefix ?!

Last edited by asm1; 18 March 2009 at 01:33.
Old 19 March 2009, 01:54   #25
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm1 View Post
Funnily enough I've just managed to source one of these on the bay (4GB hitachi) so will see if that works

and I'll bear in mind the "frying" incident

Did you mount the Microdrive in a CF > ide adapter or did you just plug it straight into the Idefix ?!
Its a CF factor. You use it as you would use a CF card.

just leave everything as is (WORKING) and replace your existing CF card with CF MicroDrive (in the CF adapter).